Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are we bagging on the coaching, the players, or both? I don’t think there’s any question that RC was a starter for this team, has screaming potential IF utilized correctly. I place the blame of RC’s shortcomings on IB. IB’s offense consists of dribble, dribble, shoot. What’s RC supply to do with that? Not to mention the mental toll he had to take playing behind Joe Pleasant most of the year.

Im not sure there’s a guy left on the roster minus Craig Porter (also a Marshall recruit). So be careful what you wish for…

I think under the right coach, RC could be a real player. He wouldn’t do well at KU but maybe at say a Mississippi State?
    Agree with this. 3G or CJ could have steered him effectively but not Dawgs will be dawgs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I'm sure that will get his attention...
      It won’t get his attention, but Shock Top sounds to me like he cares, and you sound to me like, perhaps you don’t.

Comment

• He was our best player, gonna miss him

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          He was our best player, gonna miss him
          Who?

;)
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are we bagging on the coaching, the players, or both? I don’t think there’s any question that RC was a starter for this team, has screaming potential IF utilized correctly. I place the blame of RC’s shortcomings on IB. IB’s offense consists of dribble, dribble, shoot. What’s RC supply to do with that? Not to mention the mental toll he had to take playing behind?
            Ricky’s minutes, and Joe P’s minutes told most of the story. I don’t think that Ricky’s not starting made his final decision. I wouldn’t go so far to say Ricky supported his coach. I think the players all like Brown but I’m not sure how much Brown is respected by his players.

Comment

• I don't know why but IB appears to think he needs a non factor player on his starting lineup. Trey Wade and then Joe Pleasant. TW went on to play pretty good with a different coach. I expect our transfer from Alabama to fill that role next year. We are going to go through this every as long as IB is coach. I would love to watch fast paced basketball from tip off to final horn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                I don't know why but IB appears to think he needs a non factor player on his starting lineup. Trey Wade and then Joe Pleasant. TW went on to play pretty good with a different coach. I expect our transfer from Alabama to fill that role next year. We are going to go through this every as long as IB is coach. I would love to watch fast paced basketball from tip off to final horn.
                You must have hated Marshall's style, because Brown ran Marshall's offense. IB gave players more freedom to freelance, which actually speeds up the offense, unless there aren't any players on offense who can freestyle successfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                  I don't know why but IB appears to think he needs a non factor player on his starting lineup. Trey Wade and then Joe Pleasant. TW went on to play pretty good with a different coach. I expect our transfer from Alabama to fill that role next year. We are going to go through this every as long as IB is coach. I would love to watch fast paced basketball from tip off to final horn.
                  While TW was not a star player, putting him in the same category as JP is wrong. TW played some real solid minutes at WSU.

Comment

• Really good deep dive by Taylor into the situation. Also, that quote is incredible.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• My bad on TW he was a valuable player and was sorely missed this last year. As far as style of play, with Marshall if you shot 3's from all over the court you were on your way to the bench no matter who you were. You made better decisions or you didn't play. It just bothers me that it takes 9 seconds to get the ball across half court and then pass or dribble around until you have to take a desperation shot with 1 Second left on the shot clock. I watched every game last year home and away and went to bed many nights angry. I seldom saw angry on the basketball court. Sorry for venting, I will back off and post less negative remarks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Probably needed therapy to get over playing nearly 27 minutes a game and winning the AAC's 6th man of the year award.

All RCIV had to do to start was play better defense... IB repeated constantly that he liked the starting unit because of their defense (which was flawed thinking to be fair, because they couldn't score to save their lives).
                        And he CAN play defense, he just wouldn't. I think at one point he was leading the team in steals. I think his decision to leave hurts now because we've lost a lot, but I think the program will be better off without guys like TE and RC4. Remember, RC4 appreciated CP3's performance against Houston so much that he decided to not play defense and allowed a wide open buzzer beating dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

You must have hated Marshall's style, because Brown ran Marshall's offense. IB gave players more freedom to freelance, which actually speeds up the offense, unless there aren't any players on offense who can freestyle successfully.
                          Totally misleading statement. There was no offense run at all and especially no fast break that resembled anything Marshall ran. Our break was marked by poor passing poor spacing, poor decision making, poor conversion, and mostly turnovers. Did I leave anything out? Marshall never tolerated anything like that nor did his worst team play that horrendously.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Come on Aargh, really?

We were the worst fast break team in the country and if I remember correctly, were one of the slowest paced teams in the country as well.

Try to keep up.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I just saw on Twitter that Dex is apparently releasing his top 6 at noon today. Curious to see who's on it.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                I just saw on Twitter that Dex is apparently releasing his top 6 at noon today. Curious to see who's on it.
                                Put me in the category of seriously not giving a crap! I was kinda into this prostitution thing a week ago but I'm kinda already over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X