Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for Ricky, better for us. I am not overly convinced he would mesh with the new guys anyway. Get another PG and some more length.

Comment

• Taylor made it seem like it was a surprise WSU was not in the list.

Hopefully, it wasn’t a surprise to WSU and they weren’t signing certain players with the hopes Ricky would be back.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Also, if Jans poaches him, he’ll go down on my list of HC replacements.

EDIT: Maybe 3Gs has advised him. I guess it wouldn’t be the worst thing.
        If Jans picks him up I won't blame him. He isn't poaching him from us. He is picking up a hitchhiker on the side of the road.

Comment

• Congrats to IB for ushering out RC. I’d be pissed too if Joe Pleasant was starting the majority of the time over me.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Good for Ricky, better for us. I am not overly convinced he would mesh with the new guys anyway. Get another PG and some more length.
            At this point I am starting to agree. I did want to keep Ricky. Still wish we could have. HOWEVER, I am starting to believe it is better to just wipe the slate clean. This is now fully IB's team and can be held accountable as such. The sooner the better.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Good for Ricky. He played on a bad team that wasn't starting him over two forwards who could barely hit the backboard when they shot. And due to new rules he will probably get a big raise. I would have left too. Hope he does well.

Comment

• For me, the silver lining is this: next year's team will not feature a player who is expected to be "the guy". After watching Tyson Etienne and RCIV alternate that role last year, I am not sure the college game is well-suited for that style of player. In theory, everyone should have a fair shot at playing time next season, and HCIB should have an easier time managing the players (hopefully).

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  For me, the silver lining is this: next year's team will not feature a player who is expected to be "the guy". After watching Tyson Etienne and RCIV alternate that role last year, I am not sure the college game is well-suited for that style of player. In theory, everyone should have a fair shot at playing time next season, and HCIB should have an easier time managing the players (hopefully).
                  Agree. We just have to hope there weren't any sort of promises/guarantees made to any of hew new guys that they would put us in a similar situations as with TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    For me, the silver lining is this: next year's team will not feature a player who is expected to be "the guy". After watching Tyson Etienne and RCIV alternate that role last year, I am not sure the college game is well-suited for that style of player. In theory, everyone should have a fair shot at playing time next season, and HCIB should have an easier time managing the players (hopefully).
                    Our best teams are always blue collar, work your ass off, play for each other type of teams. We have lacked that since coming into the AAC and trying to recruit higher level players. Guys that are used to being the MAN and want to be, even at the detriment of the team.

While I DONT want to go back to recruiting Valley type players in terms of skills. I do like that some of these players seem to be overlooked, chip on the shoulder, lets get to work types.

Time will tell if that translates. But perhaps that is more of a recipe we need to go back to.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT sold on IB. Quite the opposite. But as long as there is a Shocker team on the floor I am gonna hope that maybe something good will happen.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I’m neither surprised nor disturbed. Ricky displayed talent while he was here but he didn’t start for very good reasons. He was a defensive
                      liability and most of the time, whatever he did good, he
                      cancelled himself out the next time down court when he just inexplicably lost the ball or threw it away. Countless times. Hold
                      ing onto hope that Ricky was going to come back was desperate grasping for straws. We have much greater adversity than whether Ricky was coming back and doesn’t move the needle backwards at all. Although you can’t blame Ricky for being human and mainly remembering his good play, it can’t be surprising that a guy who didn’t start but got a lot of notoriety would go elsewhere. I actually wondered during the season if he might defect anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Agree. 1 transfer and no exceptions after that. No more grad transfers.
                        Why aren't grad transfers allowed 1 transfer? If your saying no grad transfers for players who have already used their 1-year exemption then I agree. However, I think that is already the rule that is now in place.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 3, 2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Why aren't grad transfers allowed 1 transfer? If your saying no grad transfers for players who have already used thei1-year exemption then I agree. However, I think that is already the rule that is now in place.
                          Yeah, what you said is what I was thinking. For example, RC wouldn't be able to transfer again since he's already transferred once.

Comment

• I have zero issues with grad transfers.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Never a big Ricky advocate, but a fan none the less. He has too many holes in his game, including BBIQ, for his physical talent. We can do better.

Comment

• Look, I know it's fun to hate on Gottlieb and call him juvenile names, but he has been on this from Day 1 and I respect the hell out of him for being able to go against the grain when his opinion is not popular in the least among CBB media.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X