Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

NCAA needs to crack down on not allowing more than 1 free tree transfer. We have a kid coming here that thinks he's gonna get a waiver. Frankly, I don't know how you contest it when you're going to your 3rd school.
    Agree. 1 transfer and no exceptions after that. No more grad transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      This is why schools are going to be hesitant to give scholarships to incoming freshman.

You give them a chance, develop them, and strike gold on one, they are on the first train out of town shouting “go **** yourself, I’m outta here!!”

If he goes to KU, he will pass S*** in my mind.
      Give them 4 year NIL with a clause that gets a percentage of future earnings if they move on to another school, but is voided if they go pro
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Also, if Jans poaches him, he’ll go down on my list of HC replacements.
        I'm sure that will get his attention...
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Is it really poaching at this point? C4 decided to leave a long time ago. I'd rather he end up with Jans, who is much more similar to the man that he came to play for in Wichita, than somewhere like Beaker Bay.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• For anyone who didn't see, his final six is Mississippi State, Alabama, KU, Iowa State, Arkansas, and Georgia Tech. I am sure it is mostly NIL driven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I understand the sentiment 100%. I don't blame Ricky for maximizing what he can make; however he's gone and I won't care if he breaks his leg on the court or wins national player of the year. out of sight, out of mind.
              I get YOUR sentiment .. but not caring if he breaks his leg is a bit much ... He still represented our university very well while he was here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is it really poaching at this point? C4 decided to leave a long time ago. I'd rather he end up with Jans, who is much more similar to the man that he came to play for in Wichita, than somewhere like Beaker Bay.
                That’s fair.

I guess I didn’t notice Forbes was on the list too.

Maybe 3Gs is giving Ricky some advice.

Edit: I know Forbes is at Wake. Don’t know why I was thinking of them, when I saw GT…
                Last edited by Shock Top; May 3, 2022, 01:23 PM.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  For anyone who didn't see, his final six is Mississippi State, Alabama, KU, Iowa State, Arkansas, and Georgia Tech. I am sure it is mostly NIL driven.
                  Lots of surprises in this .. neither of the 2 schools I heard throwing big money are in that list. They were also teams stockpiled with talent so he might be trying to maximize the playing time to NIL ratio.

Comment

Not me. That is the one place I would understand.

Comment

• Whatever...bye Ricky. I don't have any ill-wishes but I no longer care. He is basically like Austin Reaves to me. Just don't care. No longer a Shocker.

Good luck and good bye.

(Grad transfers I tend to see differently, but anyone who transfers early....meh. Which is what sucks about the portal and NIL. Gonna be a lot of this every year)
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

That’s fair.

I guess I didn’t notice Forbes was on the list too.

Maybe 3Gs is giving Ricky some advice.
                        Forbes is at Wake Forest not Georgia Tech. Big money at Ga Tech and Atlanta though. Guessing that is why they are on there.

Comment

• Kind of had a feeling we were out of the running after Colby Rogers committed yesterday
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Forbes is at Wake Forest not Georgia Tech. Big money at Ga Tech and Atlanta though. Guessing that is why they are on there.
                            I I just keep messing up today!

Off my game.
                            The Assman

Comment

• BUT outside of Porter are there any other players that originally committed when Marshall was still head coach? I don't THINK there is unless I am forgetting someone.

So now at least we wont have to hear "this isnt IB's team. Give him time to get HIS players in." Anymore.

He can be fully judged at this point for everything.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                BUT outside of Porter are there any other players that originally committed when Marshall was still head coach? I don't THINK there is unless I am forgetting someone.

So now at least we wont have to hear "this isnt IB's team. Give him time to get HIS players in." Anymore.

He can be fully judged at this point for everything.
                                3rd full season. No covid cancels (I hope) and basically all his players. This next season is really the make or break for him imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X