Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’d guess that’s for the football players. Basketball is a 4th tier sport at TAMU.
    Just ask Mark Turgeon. Basketball is probably equal to a Golf and Tennis. Track and Field is probably higher than basketball. It’s football and everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Just ask Mark Turgeon. Basketball is probably equal to a Golf and Tennis. Track and Field is probably higher than basketball. It’s football and everything else.
      I can confirm this at A&M as well as UT. The exception is during the NCAA tournament and then only if their team is a top 10 type.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Fantastic! They should be proud of all they accomplished and represented the university and their families very well. Good for both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I can confirm this at A&M as well as UT. The exception is during the NCAA tournament and then only if their team is a top 10 type.
            Same, got my masters at TAMU. It goes 1) Football 2) Spring Football 3) Football recruiting 4) Baseball 5) maybe basketball once all the football stuff is over

Comment

• I think you guys are overlooking the fact that now TAMU can legally pay for championships. With an ego and pocketbook to match, you really think they won’t want to win at everything?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

My cynical guess is that his “master’s degree” will be in basketball. I would guess that in many cases, these grad transfers put ZERO thought into the academic part of it.
                I would second that this does not seem to apply to DD. I think he is a smart and thoughtful young man who would take it seriously and actually seek the degree.

Comment

• I agree that Dex will enroll in the required number of classes and take them seriously. I also think he’ll be gone in year pursuing basketball, not the degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    I think you guys are overlooking the fact that now TAMU can legally pay for championships. With an ego and pocketbook to match, you really think they won’t want to win at everything?
                    Yes. This is what many people, not just on this board, but everywhere don't understand. When the true deep pocket schools decide to invest in basketball, the landscape will change. Texas, TAMU, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, UCLA, they and the other true monsters can own it all.

On another note, with Texas and Oklahoma bolting the Big 12, Kansas is kinda screwed. Even with the new schools, the new media deal is going to be cut by at least 35%. Kansas cannot overcome that. And when you add in the fact that everyone can pay for play like Bill Self has for years, recruiting just got tougher for the Jayhawks. And with the additional schools added, Kansas locked themselves into the Big 12 long term; the buyout would be untenable.

For the sake of the game, I hope there are some changes made to keep the playing field somewhat even.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• KU is hoping for 1 of two lifelines: 1) invite from Big 10 or 2) a new money booster coming out of the clouds to inject money into football. I think they know the long term impacts of ignoring their football program in this changing landscape.

Comment

KU is hoping for 1 of two lifelines: 1) invite from Big 10 or 2) a new money booster coming out of the clouds to inject money into football. I think they know the long term impacts of ignoring their football program in this changing landscape.
                        Kansas already tried the Big 10, they got a hard "Thanks, but no thanks." That was right after the Texas and Oklahoma defection. Kansas needed to invest in football 20 years ago. They finally have an indoor facility that is about as nice as power 1-AA schools. NDSU's facilities are light years ahead of KU. The funny thing about realignment is it is all predicated on football, all of it. If you're looking at getting into a P-5, actually a P-4½, you better bring football. Kansas doesn't come close to checking that box.

I have several Johnson County friends. Big KU fans. They were sure the Jayhawks were getting an invite. Slowly, they are realizing that they are stuck. Moreover, the Big 12 added every school they could that would improve football; even in the Big 12 basketball is an afterthought.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          When the true deep pocket schools decide to invest in basketball, the landscape will change. Texas, TAMU, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, UCLA, they and the other true monsters can own it all.
                          This is what I have been saying. Harvard, M.I.T., Yale, ... and several other schools that don't seem to give a rat's ass about athletics could simply buy national championships if so inclined. And then you have the monsters that do give a rat's ass -- they WILL buy national championships. It will correlate to endowment size -- not that the schools will use existing endowments (they could), but those schools have demonstrated the ability to raise monster money and can do so with the snap of a finger.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This is what I have been saying. Harvard, M.I.T., Yale, ... and several other schools that don't seem to give a rat's ass about athletics could simply buy national championships if so inclined. And then you have the monsters that do give a rat's ass -- they WILL buy national championships. It will correlate to endowment size -- not that the schools will use existing endowments (they could), but those schools have demonstrated the ability to raise monster money and can do so with the snap of a finger.
                            I don’t think you can use the endowment money. NIL is supposed to be totally separate from the school.

Comment

I don’t think you can use the endowment money. NIL is supposed to be totally separate from the school.
                              That's why I said "not that the schools will use existing endowments" -- NIL collectives for schools with large endowments will easily raise massive amounts of NIL money.

But to your point: yes and no. Harvard already has at least two endowed coaches. If they use endowments to cover all the costs of a program other than NIL, that leaves a lot of "customer outreach" marketing money from ticket revenue (or endowment) to advertise for NIL collective donations _to their "partners"_. Heck the schools can easily be positioned to redirect donors to their favorite collective "partners".

And then there is the question of who can participate in a collective? Can a 3rd party endowment entity be a partner in a collective? Well when your school is spitting out class after class after class of some of the top lawyers in the country, the answer is yes. Yes, you CAN do that.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• None of this matters. Ivy league school endowments are there for a reason and none of it will ever be mixed with athletics. So what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                                X