2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    He paid a lot of money for Zion during our 3 G time. He’d better be in the same category as Self. 3 G coached with one arm behind his back compared to K, Self, and others. No tennis shoe help here.
    This

Comment

He paid a lot of money for Zion during our 3 G time. He’d better be in the same category as Self. 3 G coached with one arm behind his back compared to K, Self, and others. No tennis shoe help here.
      I don’t think you’re too far off with this take, especially with the sneaker comment. I have a hard time believing K would have been involved or approved of blatant cheating… maybe he did, but I don’t see him needing to jump into the pig slop with the others… he simply selected who he wanted. I’ve always said WstateU could coach a bunch of burger boys… the dogs would be dogs.
      Last edited by WstateU; March 6, 2022, 09:56 AM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

We had one.
        We had the quality but not the longevity of K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

We had the quality but not the longevity of K.
          No, just no.

Comment

Yeah, but it's just too bad that he ran off most every good player on the WSU roster his last 3 years here.

That's how you ended up with a 6'7" center. And, oh yeah, our "best player" Craig Porter at the point. No?

Comment

• It's very difficult to compare WSU and Duke basketball history and try to compare coaches.

Duke was already at high level of success when Coach K walked in. 8 NCAA appearances (1-50's, 4-60's, 1978/79/80) with 6 E-8s, 4 F4s, and 2 runner ups prior to Coach K coming in. He took over for 80-81 not making the tournament until 1984. It was all but automatic from there on out.

WSU's conference was very up and down as schools came and went, finally landing outside of the big boys. By the time fHCGM came in, there was a huge uphill fight to get even one or two players "at that level" if you will. However, there was no doubt his teams were generally not outclassed by "the Big Boys".

Comment

• Memphis beating Houston almost as bad as they beat us.

Comment

• It’s going to really bug me, but Memphis will be in the NCAA tournament and will be a hellish matchup for a 1-3 seed in the second round. And unfortunately, sometimes the better players win in the tournament, not always the best teams.

Houston has two guys out for the season, but there’s still a sizable gap in between Memphis’ talent and the rest of the league. Which makes their underperformance for long stretches puzzling.

All that to say, as many problems as we have at WSU, and as much as the “bad matchup” explanation sounds like an excuse for our performances against Memphis, we’re not the only ones who struggle to match up physically with them.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• SMU better win this afternoon, I would like to have a second round game with a small degree of hope

Comment

• It's early, but Loyola is getting the "Wichita State" treatment by the Valley in Arch madness. Drake absolutely clobbering Loyola every time down and no call, then light calls on the other end.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        SMU better win this afternoon, I would like to have a second round game with a small degree of hope
                        Memphis is the best team in the American at this point in the season. They are 10 and 1 in their last 11 games. Last loss was against SMU who beat them twice this year. They look a lot better than they did earlier in the year. They remind me of the Kentucky team we lost to in our undefeated season. If they draw an 8 or 9 seed in the tournament there will be a very nervous 1 seed.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Memphis beating Houston almost as bad as they beat us.
                          I am not surprised. With the injuries Houston has had, 5hey don't match up with Memphis size, athleticism, and skill. Few teams do. I would not want to see them in my bracket if my team was in the NCAA tournament. Now can somebody tell Larry Brown to sit his old a$$ down. He needs to STFU. He is sht and garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am not surprised. With the injuries Houston has had, 5hey don't match up with Memphis size, athleticism, and skill. Few teams do. I would not want to see them in my bracket if my team was in the NCAA tournament. Now can somebody tell Larry Brown to sit his old a$$ down. He needs to STFU. He is sht and garbage.
                            For all of your wild, wacky proclamations, you still hit the nail on the head enough to make me laugh.

Comment

• SMU up 19-8 on Tulane mid-way through the 1st half.

Tulane rallies and ties it up at 24-all with 8 minutes remaining in the half.

Tulane leads 45-38 at the half. Come on SMU get going in the 2nd half.

SMU has edged ahead 52-50 with 12 minutes to play.

SMU clinging to a 59-56 lead with 6:30 to play. Neither team looks all that good at this point.

SMU up 68-62 with 2:11 to play. Tulane has the ball.

Tulane hits both ends of a 1-and-1, Kendrick Davis turns it over on a bad pass and Tulane hits mid-range jumper. SMU leads 68-66 with 1:35 to play.

Tulane looks better and is better coached.

SMU pulls it out 74-68. Shocks get what they want.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• South Florida loses at Temple 47-75.

Tulsa has rallied from down 13 with 9 minutes to play to trail 69-71 with 3 seconds to play. Tulsa a just made a free throw and has one more that they will try to miss, rebound and get a put back. I don't know if the Tulsa player was trying to miss but he failed to as the ball went in. UCF leads 71-70 and shooting a 1-and-1 with 2.8 seconds remaining.

Either way the Shocks will play Tulsa in Round 1 of the AAC Tournament as Tulsa owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over USF.

Darius Perry made the 1st free throw and misses the 2nd. Jeriah Horne gets the rebound takes and hits a buzzer beater just beyond half court to give Tulsa a 73-72.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X