X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this Tre King you speak of?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
      Iowa State beat Iowa by 20. They are no fluke.
      Did Frannie or his boys whine??? Because it's not an Iowa game unless they do....

Comment

• The buzzer beater by Ron Harper Jr (yes his dad played in the NBA) was pretty cool. Purdue is now 0-1 all time as the #1 ranked team.

Texas 60 Seton Hall 64. Texas is 0-2 on the road (road games are hard. WSU is 3-0 on the road for all intent and purposes). Seton Hall was led by former USF big man Alexis Yetna who had 12 points, 11 boards, an assist, a block & a steal in the Pirates win.

In one half of the Gotham Classic, Pittsburgh scored the final 6 points of the game to beat Colgate 71-68. Former Shocker Jamarius Burton who starts for Pitt had 13 & 5 in 37 minutes. Defense travels and JB gets after it. Probably the only one on a frankly bad Pitt team that is 3-6 (3-4 at home) against a less than difficult schedule. One points losses to both Virginia and Minnesota hasn't helped their situation.

Iowa State 73 Iowa 53. Intense rival so don't put TOO much stock into the final score. We do know ISU is well coached, no doubt. Chris Grill played 22 minutes, didn't score, had 1 board but 5 assists to just one turnover. ISU out-boarded the Hawkeyes 50-32 but Iowa shot the ball so poorly that boatloads of boards were there for the taking. 27% overall, 19% from 3. They did go 15-16 93% from the line. ISU didn't exactly light it up shooting 43% 32% 64%. Very well coached team, but it's not unusual for a new coach to start out strong then fade in their 1st season. I'm not saying ISU will fade, just that it's not unusual (watch Arizona for this as well). And Fran ALWAYS whines.

In the opponents of opponents category, Hampton and NCState both picked up wins.

Arizona State bought a win last night. They homered GCU like nobody's business in Tempe. Hurley's house is probably on wheels anyway, but a home loss to in state Grand Canyon would have almost certainly signaled the end of his stay there. ASU is bad. Bryce Drew is not. GCU didn't shoot it very well (23-73!, 8-32, 8-13) but outrebounded the larger Sun Devils 51-46, took care of the ball (11 turnovers to 10) and only committed 19 fouls to 17 for ASU. But somehow ASU was 26-28 from the line meaning most of GCU's fouls were shooting fouls and most of ASU's were not. The game was never out of hand but GCU got within 1 possession only a couple of times so it wasn't in a lot of doubt. And several fouls were late when they were trying to catch up, but still. One wonders how long either coach is likely to stay at their job given current trajectory.

Comment

• Memphis drops another. To Murray state at home. That's 4 losses in a row

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Memphis drops another. To Murray state at home. That's 4 losses in a row
            4. IN. A. ROW.

Will they have a .500 record when we play them in Koch?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

4. IN. A. ROW.

Will they have a .500 record when we play them in Koch?
              Their next two games are Alabama and Tennessee. Losing 6 in a row is likely here

Comment

• Murray State shot about 49 percent from 3 for the game but probably 70 percent in the 2nd half. They really played well including about even on the boards and less turnovers than Memphis. Memphis didn’t play bad but I think they had 14 turnovers.
                Last edited by WeWillShockU2; December 10, 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Memphis in full meltdown mode based on the comments to this tweet. Yikes!

Comment

• Laid the easiest $100 in a world down tonight on Murray +10.5. That was one of the more laughable lines I’d seen in a while.

Memphis and Penny continue to be a running joke. No wonder no power league wants them. Their insufferable fans deserve this.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• At the beginning of the season, there was an article about Memphis that I read (though I can’t remember for the life of me where it was from). It talked about Penny’s genius as a recruiter, how today’s players are the ones in charge, and how Penny is completely fine with that.

Hmmm. How’s that working out for you, $0.01? Maybe the adults should be in charge after all.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        At the beginning of the season, there was an article about Memphis that I read (though I can’t remember for the life of me where it was from). It talked about Penny’s genius as a recruiter, how today’s players are the ones in charge, and how Penny is completely fine with that.

Hmmm. How’s that working out for you, $0.01? Maybe the adults should be in charge after all.
                        I’m sure that article was from The Memphis Commercial Appeal.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m sure that article was from The Memphis Commercial Appeal.
                          Doucheman works for them right?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Watching a little of Drake v Clemson. Pretty sure I see McBulldog screaming behind the Geese bench.

Comment

• Eric Musselman just LOST it and got tossed. OU shot a lot of FTs and it’s a 20 point game now. Gerry Pollard did his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Eric Musselman just LOST it and got tossed. OU shot a lot of FTs and it’s a 20 point game now. Gerry Pollard did his job.
                                Saw that. Shades of 3G.

Comment

Working...
                                X