• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    SMU beats Houston
    Hmmm

Comment

• I keep thinking that this WSU team can beat Houston at Koch if things can click for the entire game.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        if things can click for the entire game.
        That's asking for way too much.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I keep thinking that this WSU team can beat Houston at Koch if things can click for the entire game.
          We did it last year. Houston was a better team that had depth last year.

Comment

• This team COULD beat Houston. It also could lose by 30. Consistency has always been the issue this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Hmmm
              Jank was in rare frantic form...I always feels he's a LITTLE more worried about his hair than his team....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I love that moment from Coach Carter. That movie would be made very differently today. Which is sad. Instead of inspiring them to be better, they would be told how they were the real victims and not be held to a higher standard.

I'm sure that this would be labeled an "old white guy yells at cloud" take by a lot of people. I don't care.

Every time I see a kid in a high school game tap their head and yell after a kid on their team dunks with anyone in the general vicinity, I cringe. Every time I see a kid scream after hitting a routine 3-pointer, I cringe. Hell, this even happens in kids' games now. Instead of a spontaneous jump of excitement or emotion, it's devolved into a way to draw attention to yourself.

I LOVE this video from Bob Costas. Also, an incredible Marcel Marceau reference.

Bob Costas never passes up a soapbox
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  This team COULD beat Houston. It also could lose by 30. Consistency has always been the issue this season.
                  I truly believe that inconsistency is happening all across college hoops these day. I also believe it will only get worse as players don't hang around 3-4 years to create the team chemistry that many of us were accustomed to..
                  just sad what's happening to hoops with the portal and nil. Hope things change soon.

Comment

I keep thinking that this WSU team can beat Houston at Koch if things can click for the entire game.
                    We will probably beat Houston and Memphis leading some on here to think we are getting ready to get on a roll.

Then lose to Tulsa and ECU.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

You mean, like, we can maybe get lucky like we did last year, because of, eh, covid or something like that?

I'd like our chances this year too, if we had the same point guard. He gone. But, on the bright side, covid is still here, so we might get lucky again...

Comment

• We won a couple of games because our Point Guard hit more shots than his 28% average, then we won a few in spite of our PG hitting his 28% average. Then we lost a few because he kept shooting even though he couldn’t even hit the broad side of the barn. We are at least as good this year at PG.

Comment

• Anyone see this?

Couple of comments.

Coach K barking at the Clemson bench didn't help the situation.

Am I the only one that thinks the Duke kid travelled before he starting dribbling?

Edited for stupidity.
                          “David Collins was called for a flagrant 2 for this foul on Wendell Moore Jr. Moore Jr. was able to remain in the game. https://t.co/m8KFBnWj6V”

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Anyone see this?

Couple of comments.

Am I the only one that thinks the Duke kid travelled before he starting dribbling?

Edited for stupidity.
                            I posted it in the "cone of shame" post. He ended up getting a 1 game suspension .. which seems light to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Anyone see this?

Couple of comments.

Edited for stupidity.
                              Holy crap! I'm not sure if he travelled (close, but probably not egregious enough to get called), but Collins also flopped by throwing his head back for no reason when he got stripped.

Must be a stand-up guy.

Comment

• Memphis at Houston up 8 with a minute to go.

Won 69-59.
                                Last edited by ShockTalk; February 12, 2022, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X