Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I guess it was fun there for a minute.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I was spot on about the B12 brand dominating the discussion over the AAC. But I was wrong about the B12 standing pat. It made me think just how desperate (and out of options) they must be to water down their brand with the likes of a UCF or UH. I mean, UCF is a directional Juco on steroids. They're a cross between a pop-up park and a food truck. Land grant they are not. and UH is a disaster. I would suspect 90% of the people living in Houston don't even know that UH plays football. It's hook 'em horns from suburb to suburb.

The upside from all of this will be watching the ChicKUns gag as they strut into UCF's gym and then realize their opponent painted a roller coaster on their court. ****! They're in for an ego adjustment. They're conference mates with U.C.F......

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        All this BB talk without going into the BE sounds like The Valley 2.0

We have a right to be pissed at the AAC if Aresco can’t hold the conf together. Not good for our University or athletic department.
        Aresco can't hold a conference together when every one of its members sent out letters requesting consideration for acceptance 5 seconds after OU/UT announced they were leaving.

Comment

• Anybody think Bowlsby is gonna rape the AAC's membership and then after all the contracts are signed, K|Uck, OSU, and WVU announce they are leaving. LOL! That would be hilarious.

P.S. The B12 is accepting a Moron school that doesn't play sports on Sundays. I think they lock their gays in the basement of the drama theater also. What's gonna happen when K|Uck-City makes the "short" road trip up to Utah and finds out that half their fanbase is banned from the premises? They aren't called _ _ _ - U for nuttin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Anybody think Bowlsby is gonna rape the AAC's membership and then after all the contracts are signed, K|Uck, OSU, and WVU announce they are leaving. LOL! That would be hilarious.

P.S. The B12 is accepting a Moron school that doesn't play sports on Sundays. I think they lock their gays in the basement of the drama theater also. What's gonna happen when K|Uck-City makes the "short" road trip up to Utah and finds out that half their fanbase is banned from the premises? They aren't called _ _ _ - U for nuttin'.
            Also don’t forget that KU is limping into all this. The latest word on the independent infractions committee was they are wrapping up all the investigations. Being that it was a federal investigation it could take about year for all the punishments to be released. So the new Big 12 will begin with KU being banned from the post season for a few years and Bill Self eventually retiring. They will then have to hire a new coach to deal with the Big 12, 3.0. I doubt they are able to bring in a great hire right away. What amazing coach would want to go to the Big 12 3.0 to coach KU when they are on probation for x amount of years in their “eh, it’s decent conference”

Comment

• I'm not buying the 4-conference, 64-team setup. The B1G, ACC, and PAC would dilute their revenue by moving to 16. It would cost schools in those conferences $$ to bring in teams from the L8.

I think there's going to be a big 4, with the L8 kind of on an island. Almost, but not really, good enough to be considered in the same group as the P4. There is an incredible incentive for the L8 to neuter AAC FB. If the AAC would stay intact and the L8 stayed intact, the AAC would be positioned to surpass the L8.

The last hope is that Mickey makes his bankroll do some talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Also don’t forget that KU is limping into all this. The latest word on the independent infractions committee was they are wrapping up all the investigations. Being that it was a federal investigation it could take about year for all the punishments to be released. So the new Big 12 will begin with KU being banned from the post season for a few years and Bill Self eventually retiring. They will then have to hire a new coach to deal with the Big 12, 3.0. I doubt they are able to bring in a great hire right away. What amazing coach would want to go to the Big 12 3.0 to coach KU when they are on probation for x amount of years in their “eh, it’s decent conference”
                I will be surprised if KU gets anything more than slap on the wrist (if that much). Pretty much everything they have been accused of is now legal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I will be surprised if KU gets anything more than slap on the wrist (if that much). Pretty much everything they have been accused of is now legal.
                  ​​​​​​That's not actually true. It's still illegal to provide payment via a third party under the condition that a player goes to a particular school. I doubt they go after any new cases but everything they did that I can remember is still illegal. (though there was A LOT they were accused of so I might be forgetting something)

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

I don't wanna defend KU, but the "eh, it's a decent conference" isnt really true from the basketball side. Adding Houston, Cincy, UCF and BYU while only losing OU and Texas means it's arguably going to be a better basketball conference than it was before.

Now football is a different story.

Comment

• Boatright was on The Drive on Friday afternoon. I don't want to try to summarize what he said because I may get things wrong, so others can summarize instead. You can listen at https://www.audacy.com/kfh/podcasts/...high-711360700 and the interview starts at around the 3 minute mark and lasts for 10 minutes or so.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• He said WSU is committed to the AAC; AAC needs 10 football playing members. The commissioner will be aggressive. Look for the AAC to add membership IF the three teams leave the AAC for the B12.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          He said WSU is committed to the AAC; AAC needs 10 football playing members. The commissioner will be aggressive. Look for the AAC to add membership IF the three teams leave the AAC for the B12.
                          What he means is WSU is committed to AAC until the Big East calls with an invite

Comment

• I'm probably in the VAST minority here...and I get that. But, I'd just as soon go back to the Valley (with all its problems). It's a BASKETBALL conference. Of course, this is providing the Big East doesn't come calling (which I doubt they will). The MVC would be a conference we would dominate, of course...but, selfishly, I grew up with this conference...know the town personalities, the fans, etc. The conference has had a better showing with LU and Drake as of late. Things have improved a bit since we left. The AAC hasn't been what we thought it would be...losing those top schools is going to be disastrous. So, Big East first...then consider the Valley.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                                I'm probably in the VAST minority here...and I get that. But, I'd just as soon go back to the Valley (with all its problems). It's a BASKETBALL conference. Of course, this is providing the Big East doesn't come calling (which I doubt they will). The MVC would be a conference we would dominate, of course...but, selfishly, I grew up with this conference...know the town personalities, the fans, etc. The conference has had a better showing with LU and Drake as of late. Things have improved a bit since we left. The AAC hasn't been what we thought it would be...losing those top schools is going to be disastrous. So, Big East first...then consider the Valley.
                                "Booh......................”
                                But imo, this is really wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X