Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Our worthless AD better be stalking the AD's of each and every Big Priest school from here on out. I mean, sending bags of unmarked bills. We are gonna need votes and those _ _ _ _' S from Bug'aha won't be one of them.

D O N G works well here KW.
    Those fu cks from Bug'aha actually might be the Shockers ticket into the Big East. I'm not kidding, as much as Wichitan's (is that what they call you guys?) hate CU, they would be a yes vote.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

No one gives a **** about footprints. WVU is in the B12 lol.

ChicKUn is a PERFECT fit for the ACC: powerhouse basketball and total **** football. End of story. It's a match made in heaven. They will be the greatest basketball conference since the (REAL) Big East.

KSU adds solid football for either conference. I promise you the Kittens aren't going to be left out in the cold.

Come to think of it, OSU might end up in the ACC as well. They could be the king of the hill in football.

It's official K|Uck and OSU to the ACC. The Bill Self connection will cause wufan to spin conspiracy theories for years.
      Its odd that you have a higher perception of KU and KSU than just about anyone else in the world that isn't a direct fan of those 2 teams. Pretty much everyone connected with sports has said KSU is at the biggest risk of being left out. They also have acknowledge that as good as KU's basketball is .. their football is basically an offset with how bad it is. Football drives the bus here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Those fu cks from Bug'aha actually might be the Shockers ticket into the Big East. I'm not kidding, as much as Wichitan's (is that what they call you guys?) hate CU, they would be a yes vote.
        OU and Texas fans hate each other ... and they just now held hands into the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Its odd that you have a higher perception of KU and KSU than just about anyone else in the world that isn't a direct fan of those 2 teams. Pretty much everyone connected with sports has said KSU is at the biggest risk of being left out. They also have acknowledge that as good as KU's basketball is .. their football is basically an offset with how bad it is. Football drives the bus here.
            I don't have a high opinion of them, just a rational one.

Have you been to a game at Snyder Stadium? It's big-time. They're not getting left out. It would be cataclysmic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Yeah, that prediction didn't make much sense did it lol.

Comment

• No power conference cares about the stadium you play in, they care about what kind of media draw your program is. You had better either be in a major media market or be such a competitive program that you have built a regional or national fanbase that will guarantee viewers for broadcasters.

If a conference adds you, it means they are splitting their media deal more ways. This means that your inclusion has to increase what broadcasters are willing to pay by enough that everyone gets more money than they did before even divided more ways.

What donors want is irrelevant to that discussion. Even T. Boone Pickens can't magically make Stillwater a desirable media market (and OSU is a far stronger brand than many of the remaining B12 teams). Also remember that a lot of the stadiums around the B12 were built off of media money generated by being in a conference with OU and Texas. The fact that they could afford those stadiums means they were the beneficiaries of someone else's media footprint, not a sign that they have that footprint themselves.

Does this mean that there is no chance that the remaining B12 teams get a power conference invite? No. But the fact that they happened to be in a power conference previously does not mean that they will be perceived to be good additions to the current power conference landscape.

The questions when comparing the remaining B12 teams and AAC teams is not what does the current funding of those programs look like. The question is what does a KSU or Texas Tech's budget look like when your media cut is not $37 million because you are no longer in the same conference as OU and Texas. How many of the B12 schools have a sustainable funding model to stay at their current level in the absence of that OU and Texas media money? My guess is that the sustainable budget levels for a lot of those programs looks a lot like AAC levels without the OU/Texas subsidy.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• KSU to the B1G is probably the biggest, most foolish prediction I've seen over this whole thing. The B1G still cares about academic prestige and KSU doesn't come close to fitting in with them. And the PAC is full of large, pretentious schools. Outside of bad football, KU fits in much better with them than KSU. And KSU football isn't getting them into anything. They've been middle of the road at best since Snyder left the first time. The only chance they'd have is if the PAC went to 16 and just couldn't find someone else.

I also don't see Baylor going Independent in football, which would rule out the BE.

KU has money, blueblood basketball, academic prestige and Kansas City. That gives them at least a chance at getting in somewhere. Doesn't guarantee it, but they have a shot. Much better than KSU who doesn't have the academics, the basketball, the football or a market that demands attention.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Have you been to a game at Snyder Stadium? It's big-time. They're not getting left out. It would be cataclysmic.
                    I consider myself a KSU football fan, but I have to admit of all the B12 leftovers, KSU is one of the least desirable schools for other conferences. Baylor would be the other. Those two schools need to be saying regular prayers to the eight pound, six ounce newborn infant Jesus that the B12 stays together.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      No power conference cares about the stadium you play in, they care about what kind of media draw your program is. You had better either be in a major media market or be such a competitive program that you have built a regional or national fanbase that will guarantee viewers for broadcasters.

If a conference adds you, it means they are splitting their media deal more ways. This means that your inclusion has to increase what broadcasters are willing to pay by enough that everyone gets more money than they did before even divided more ways.

What donors want is irrelevant to that discussion. Even T. Boone Pickens can't magically make Stillwater a desirable media market (and OSU is a far stronger brand than many of the remaining B12 teams). Also remember that a lot of the stadiums around the B12 were built off of media money generated by being in a conference with OU and Texas. The fact that they could afford those stadiums means they were the beneficiaries of someone else's media footprint, not a sign that they have that footprint themselves.

Does this mean that there is no chance that the remaining B12 teams get a power conference invite? No. But the fact that they happened to be in a power conference previously does not mean that they will be perceived to be good additions to the current power conference landscape.

The questions when comparing the remaining B12 teams and AAC teams is not what does the current funding of those programs look like. The question is what does a KSU or Texas Tech's budget look like when your media cut is not $37 million because you are no longer in the same conference as OU and Texas. How many of the B12 schools have a sustainable funding model to stay at their current level in the absence of that OU and Texas media money? My guess is that the sustainable budget levels for a lot of those programs looks a lot like AAC levels without the OU/Texas subsidy.
                      No power school has a sustainable athletic program w/o big conference money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        KSU to the B1G is probably the biggest, most foolish prediction I've seen over this whole thing. The B1G still cares about academic prestige and KSU doesn't come close to fitting in with them. And the PAC is full of large, pretentious schools. Outside of bad football, KU fits in much better with them than KSU. And KSU football isn't getting them into anything. They've been middle of the road at best since Snyder left the first time. The only chance they'd have is if the PAC went to 16 and just couldn't find someone else.

I also don't see Baylor going Independent in football, which would rule out the BE.

KU has money, blueblood basketball, academic prestige and Kansas City. That gives them at least a chance at getting in somewhere. Doesn't guarantee it, but they have a shot. Much better than KSU who doesn't have the academics, the basketball, the football or a market that demands attention.
                        Ever been to a game at Snyder Stadium? Big-time!

Members of power conferences for decades don't just get cancelled. The purpose of Realignment is to further separate the brands from the non-brands. We make fun of KSU, but they are a football brand. And their football program is... "say it with me class"... B I G - T I M E.

Comment

Ever been to a game at Snyder Stadium? Big-time!

Members of power conferences for decades don't just get cancelled. The purpose of Realignment is to further separate the brands from the non-brands. We make fun of KSU, but they are a football brand. And their football program is... "say it with me class"... B I G - T I M E.
                          I think maybe you have been listening to the Wildcat sport network, where the say "big time" every five minutes, a little too much, lol

Comment

It's "Big-time" ... for the middle of Kansas ... not so much on the grand scale of college football.

And yes, I've been there, went to school there for a year and had student tickets during the time they were actually good. I've also been to a Clemson game. KSU is basically pee-wee compared to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I think maybe you have been listening to the Wildcat sport network, where the say "big time" every five minutes, a little too much, lol

Comment

No power school has a sustainable athletic program w/o big conference money.
                                Of course, but that is exactly the dilemma for the remaining B12 teams. If they stay together, even if they raid the AAC, they are going to be getting ~1/4 of their previous media rights deal. Knowing this, of course any of those teams would love to be added to a power conference. The problem is that when those conferences expand, they want media markets and/or huge brands. OU and Texas were huge brands that drove the B12 media deals and it is unclear whether any of the remaining programs bring enough of a media profile to be attractive to a power conference. The fact that they could afford fancy toys with that OU/Texas money won't convince other conferences that they themselves were money generators.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X