Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D O N G
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• B I G - T I M E ! ! !

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Of course, but that is exactly the dilemma for the remaining B12 teams. If they stay together, even if they raid the AAC, they are going to be getting ~1/4 of their previous media rights deal. Knowing this, of course any of those teams would love to be added to a power conference. The problem is that when those conferences expand, they want media markets and/or huge brands. OU and Texas were huge brands that drove the B12 media deals and it is unclear whether any of the remaining programs bring enough of a media profile to be attractive to a power conference. The fact that they could afford fancy toys with that OU/Texas money won't convince other conferences that they themselves were money generators.
        OU and Texas are worthless w/o their conference counterparts. It's the B12 that made OU and Texas, not the other way around. There's a conference synergy.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

OU and Texas are worthless w/o their conference counterparts. It's the B12 that made OU and Texas, not the other way around. There's a conference synergy.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Definitely trolling now.

Comment

B I G - T I M E ! ! !
              That’s laughable. You should go check out a game at Kyle Field sometime. That’s big time.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Let's just say I left some "openings for discussion" with that statement.

Some very juicy angles to defend as well if I get the time/energy. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Definitely trolling now.
                  Never not.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• KU football does bring an easy win for everyone else in the conference. Every team can’t be good and KU fills that role perfectly. Basketball must matter somewhat or K State would be preferred over KU. KU’s stadium needs at least $250 million in upgrades to catch up with K State. Wait until the Big 10 gets a close look at that dump of a stadium. KU & K State should merge their athletic departments and let KU take care of basketball and K State could play football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      KU football does bring an easy win for everyone else in the conference. Every team can’t be good and KU fills that role perfectly. Basketball must matter somewhat or K State would be preferred over KU. KU’s stadium needs at least $250 million in upgrades to catch up with K State. Wait until the Big 10 gets a close look at that dump of a stadium. KU & K State should merge their athletic departments and let KU take care of basketball and K State could play football.

Comment

• It's in the interest of Texas and OU for the Big 12 to disintegrate. Regardless of how much money they have, they won't be required to pay an early exit fee to a conference that no longer exists.

The Big 12 may be looking to add, but no combination of any other team will amount to the combination of OU and Texas. Any self-respecting Big 12 team is scrambling to put themselves into a new conference. OU and Texas will for certain not be the only schools who leave.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Yeah, that prediction didn't make much sense did it lol.
                          Yea, I thought your cheese done slid off your cracker...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            It's in the interest of Texas and OU for the Big 12 to disintegrate. Regardless of how much money they have, they won't be required to pay an early exit fee to a conference that no longer exists.

The Big 12 may be looking to add, but no combination of any other team will amount to the combination of OU and Texas. Any self-respecting Big 12 team is scrambling to put themselves into a new conference. OU and Texas will for certain not be the only schools who leave.
                            Likewise it is in the interest of the AAC and WSU for this to happen. If even a couple of other B12 schools can manage to get into a power conference, it undermines the likelihood of your programs being poached and increases the likelihood that you are the one doing the poaching.

Worst case scenario for the AAC is none of the B12 teams get power conference offers, but flush with departure fee cash and remaining media right contracts they can convince some AAC programs to come (even if long term the media deals won't be much different than current AAC numbers).
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Ever been to a game at Snyder Stadium? Big-time!

Members of power conferences for decades don't just get cancelled. The purpose of Realignment is to further separate the brands from the non-brands. We make fun of KSU, but they are a football brand. And their football program is... "say it with me class"... B I G - T I M E.
                              KSU is big time in Western Kansas, does reasonably well in Central Kansas, and Kansas City, who (their Kansas fans) will drive and attend their football games in Manhattan, and bowl games. Hardly do they have a national following with good television ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                                It's in the interest of Texas and OU for the Big 12 to disintegrate. Regardless of how much money they have, they won't be required to pay an early exit fee to a conference that no longer exists.

More importantly, it's in the interest of ESPN to have the Big XII disolve. They likely no longer want the rights to anything they had in the Big XII (at least at current rates) as OU and Texas were the only reason they paid what they did and they will now own them in the SEC. Fox owns the rest of the Big XII rights. ESPN also owns AAC rights ... sooo there is a very big financial incentive for ESPN to help this along .... unofficially of couse, because contracts.

Comment

Working...
                                X