The Official Shocks vs. SWOMO Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Garrett has been getting looks from NBA scouts all season. This is nothing new. He's just now rounding into form....man if only the whole redshirt thing had worked out....can you imagine him as a junior right now?

If not for Dougie, Garrett Stutz could be Player of the year in the Valley. And if the Shocks run the table, he might just catch Doug.
    Scouts have had their eye on him ever since the game against Washington St in New York when they were actually there to check out the Washington St player. But he sucked and Stutz was a stud. They've been aware of him for a while as you said.

My wife's cousin is now a NBA scout. I will see if he can tell me if there is any "chatter" about him. He's pretty busy so may take a bit to get back to me.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      I'm in KC attending a business conference, just got in from a zone dinner. Can someone just give me the skinny please?
      They missed Garrett giving a ball fake out on the right wing and then driving all the way to the basket for a dunk (although you had to look close).
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Thanks everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I think kyles should actually try slashing to the basket more ( if thats an option within the offense). Hes so athletic, it seems so limiting with him seemingly dedicated to shooting three pointers.
          That's what Murry should only do as well. The continued 3-point shooting by Murry are automatic turnovers. How many people on here feel confident every time TM releases the ball from beyond 20 feet?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Garrett is playing like a beast finally! But he ain't catching son of Frankendermit sorry, be great if it happened but don't see it.
            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Creighton will lose at least one more I think (in addition to the Shox in Omaha). I'm not sure who or where, but they have had some close games go their way. They won't ALL go their way.

Shox are pretty good at "revenge" games also. I still think we win in Omaha.

I wish that were true....but I have to disagree. I think Creighton runs the table...with ease, with the exception of next Saturday which is almost a toss up, but you have to give Creighton the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                if not for a kyles boneheaded trey, stutz wouldnt have been coming downcourt with a full head of steam to throw down the rebound, though. Give credit where its due....
                So what you are saying is our designated shot chucker has now perfected the alley-op rim pass? Brilliant...simply brilliant.

Comment

• Very happy to see Garrett having this kind of success. He really deserves it. Hope it continues for the remainder of his Senior campaign.

Sure would like to see DK have some nice success before he moves on. I hope the crowd will really get behind the young man Saturday night and try to give him a boost of morale.

Comment

• Mr. Stutz and Ben Smith were the stars and we won the game. Good news. Stutz and Ben did not taunt their student section, they did not beat their chest over and over and over, and did not motion with the choke sign.The good guys won with class, and we talked with our game, not with a travesty of classless actions.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                      Garrett is playing like a beast finally! But he ain't catching son of Frankendermit sorry, be great if it happened but don't see it.
                      Especially if he continues to get consideration for National POY (don't think he will actually win it though). As well as probably being a 1st or 2nd team All-American
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Creighton is gonna set a new attendance record next Saturday. They are gonna be up for that one. Hopefully a little too "up", like we can be in big home games? I doubt it though. They are a well-oiled machine. The only positives about that one is that our players actually now know what winning in Omaha feels like and we just simply are a good road team. If they actually get angry about what happened here, then yes, we have a chance. We have to play defense though and hope Creighton is a bit off their game to have a chance.

Still a couple of important home games between now and then though.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thanks everybody.
                          Oh and Missouri St continued to try and box out after the game was over. This time it was while coach was trying to give a post game interview on Cox 22. Players kept walking between coach and the camera. Even bumping the camera on their way out. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Mr. Stutz and Ben Smith were the stars and we won the game. Good news. Stutz and Ben did not taunt their student section, they did not beat their chest over and over and over, and did not motion with the choke sign.The good guys won with class, and we talked with our game, not with a travesty of classless actions.
                            I really hope OUR student section has a few of those displays saved up for when Douchebaggy visits us in a couple weeks.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              That's what Murry should only do as well. The continued 3-point shooting by Murry are automatic turnovers. How many people on here feel confident every time TM releases the ball from beyond 20 feet?
                              Murry is possibly the worst 3 point shooter in our starting lineup.... well, outside of DW. But I shouldn't even count DW because he rarely shoots.

Comment

Thanks everybody.
                                o yea, and Weems mom still sucks
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X