The Official Shocks vs. SWOMO Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I think kyles should actually try slashing to the basket more ( if thats an option within the offense). Hes so athletic, it seems so limiting with him seemingly dedicated to shooting three pointers.
    What caught my eye with Kyles in some summer games in times past was he did just that, he slashed to the rack and scored. Here is what I think. Kyles shoots in streaks, both good and bad. DK is due, very due to hit a hot streak again and the sooner, the better.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Especially if he continues to get consideration for National POY (don't think he will actually win it though). As well as probably being a 1st or 2nd team All-American
      I don't see him unseating Thomas Robinson or Jared Sullinger for 1st team. The national media loves those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        I think kyles should actually try slashing to the basket more ( if thats an option within the offense). Hes so athletic, it seems so limiting with him seemingly dedicated to shooting three pointers.
        Did you pull this out of one of ole' SHOXMVC many DK thread comments last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          o yea, and Weems mom still sucks
          What's up with his mom? What the hell was she doing?

Comment

• I just got home from the game. Listened to Lusk's postgame. He was very complimentary of WSU and especially Stutz. Said he was unstoppable and MSU does not have an answer for him. Said Patterson may have helped but maybe not. Said things like "pick your poison". I didn't see it but there must have been an exchange between him and Rags. The MSU announcer ask about it and Lusk said that Rags was a great kid and said something in the heat of the moment and then complimented Rags on his play.....He really spent the entire show talking about how good the Shox are. Lusk = Class Act

He also said that MSU was playing above their ability in the first half (65% shooting) and it would take something like that for the whole game for them to beat WSU.

I'm glad to see Ben in more at the 3. He has a sweet stroke.

DK wasnt missing by much. He was online and bouncing off the back of the iron. He'll figure it out. I'm just glad he didn't jack up 15 shots.

I dont' know if the announcers said anything or not but there was an awful smell in the arena after GS' monster dunk. I think the entire SMS fanbase shat their pants when he came flying in there. That may be the best dunk I've seen since the early 80's WOW!!!

The MSU fans weren't quite as talkative after the game. Still got a lot of dirty looks. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              They missed Garrett giving a ball fake out on the right wing and then driving all the way to the basket for a dunk (although you had to look close).
              That was a great play by GS. He faked like a guard and then took it to the basket and dunked like a Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                That's what Murry should only do as well. The continued 3-point shooting by Murry are automatic turnovers. How many people on here feel confident every time TM releases the ball from beyond 20 feet?
                Only if it's a perimeter pass into the post. Next question...this game is easy (laugh).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Oh and Missouri St continued to try and box out after the game was over. This time it was while coach was trying to give a post game interview on Cox 22. Players kept walking between coach and the camera. Even bumping the camera on their way out. LOL
                  That was pretty rude. 3G was pretty irritated with it.

Comment

• Mr. Weems stated publically that Mr. Stutz has improved his game. We concur!!! 19-4 for our beloved Shox!!! That is not chopped liver baby!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Creighton is gonna set a new attendance record next Saturday. They are gonna be up for that one. Hopefully a little too "up", like we can be in big home games? I doubt it though. They are a well-oiled machine. The only positives about that one is that our players actually now know what winning in Omaha feels like and we just simply are a good road team. If they actually get angry about what happened here, then yes, we have a chance. We have to play defense though and hope Creighton is a bit off their game to have a chance.

Still a couple of important home games between now and then though.
                      Hopefully there will be a good contingent of Shocker fans there to help them set that record (the old record that was broken on Saturday was against WSU).

Tickets are only $12. It is a quick 5 hour drive or so. Hopefully they will have another $1 beer night promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Hopefully there will be a good contingent of Shocker fans there to help them set that record (the old record that was broken on Saturday was against WSU).

Tickets are only $12. It is a quick 5 hour drive or so. Hopefully they will have another $1 beer night promotion.
                        I know of at least 10 in my group. I think there will be a good contingent.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• So what was said in the handshake line by one of our players that set Lusk off?- the MSU board is going off on it
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            What's up with his mom? What the hell was she doing?
                            Let me guess. You haven't been to a home game involving Missouri State within the last 4 years?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              So what was said in the handshake line by one of our players that set Lusk off?- the MSU board is going off on it
                              According to a previous post it must have been Rags and Lusk. No idea what was said, and probably never will.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                So what was said in the handshake line by one of our players that set Lusk off?- the MSU board is going off on it
                                "Coach Lusk...good luck in the NIT this year. You might remember, we won it last year, so make it 2 in a row the the Valley."

Comment

Working...
                                X