Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    Sounds like a plan!
    I figure we had an 8 game win streak after Puerto Rico. Another 8 game win streak after losing to Creighton. So why not another one! ;)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I bet he cries tonight in the showers.
      For more then one reason...
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        if not for a kyles boneheaded trey, stutz wouldnt have been coming downcourt with a full head of steam to throw down the rebound, though. Give credit where its due....
        So should we give Kyles an assist on that one. I wouldn't mind his 3s if they all end like that (or if they went into the basket).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          I figure we had an 8 game win streak after Puerto Rico. Another 8 game win streak after losing to Creighton. So why not another one! ;)

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            if not for a kyles boneheaded trey, stutz wouldnt have been coming downcourt with a full head of steam to throw down the rebound, though. Give credit where its due....
            You're right. That was a great assist by Kyles to potentially land Stutz on SportsCenter.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              I would definitely love to see that especially since this 8 game stretch is much tougher than the first two.

Comment

• I'm in KC attending a business conference, just got in from a zone dinner. Can someone just give me the skinny please?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  I'm in KC attending a business conference, just got in from a zone dinner. Can someone just give me the skinny please?
                  Shox won. Game was in doubt with less than a minute to go. Stutz was a STUD. Smith was a STUD. Kyles and Murry were not...at least offensively. Smith did a good job on Weems for most of the game. Shox hit freethrows. Orupke dunked a ball for Mizery St (had to get that one in. It was funny, even if it was unintentional).
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    So should we give Kyles an assist on that one. I wouldn't mind his 3s if they all end like that (or if they went into the basket).
                    What I liked was that he was crashing the boards from that far away. He also crashed from the free throw line on that late silly foul. Crashin from a distance is something he doesn't always do, and I like it.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'm in KC attending a business conference, just got in from a zone dinner. Can someone just give me the skinny please?
                      Stuts had a monster dunk that where his head was above the rim. The ball bounced off of weems and he cried. Mamma weems stormed out on the floor and demanded stutz be ejcted for hurting her baby.

Comment

First half we played mediocre at best and were lucky to trail by 2 at the break. Garrett had 13 and Carl Hall had 6. The guards pretty much sucked.

Second half was the Ben and Garrett show. BS finished with 21, GS with 25and 11 boards. Played really well on defense. Win. Big win.

Comment

Stutz and Ben Smith came through huge. DW ran the game well had 5 assists, 3 steals and played some great defense. TM and GS made FTs at the end to ice the game (The two of them were 6 for 6 at the FT line in the last minute or so of the game). Rags also contributed to the win including 10 points.

Weems made some great 3s(five had 21 points). Stutz was 10 for 14 (including one 3) scored 25 points, 11 rebounds (including an incredible stuff on a missed 3 by Kyles), 1 assist, 1 block. Ben Smith had 21 points including 5 threes.

SWOMO only drew 7600 for this big game.
                          Last edited by shox1989; February 1, 2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                            This would have drawn giggles a month ago, but Garrett is going to get serious, serious looks from NBA scouts in February and March. The guy has more dunks in his last 4 games than Paul Miller had during his entire senior year.
                            Garrett has been getting looks from NBA scouts all season. This is nothing new. He's just now rounding into form....man if only the whole redshirt thing had worked out....can you imagine him as a junior right now?

If not for Dougie, Garrett Stutz could be Player of the year in the Valley. And if the Shocks run the table, he might just catch Doug.

Comment

• If the Shox would have lost tonight--3 losses and blah blah, blah---but we snapped out of our funk and now, who can stop us? Stay tuned!!! The Trees need to be taught a hard lesson so others can take notice that we are NOT messin around!!!
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I think kyles should actually try slashing to the basket more ( if thats an option within the offense). Hes so athletic, it seems so limiting with him seemingly dedicated to shooting three pointers.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X