No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. SWOMO Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I'm not allowed to post on MVCfans anymore, can someone clean the house with that beatingrillz *******? He has made 2 posts in the game thread that really need to be jumped on.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Since I'm not allowed to post on MVCfans anymore, can someone clean the house with that beatingrillz *******? He has made 2 posts in the game thread that really need to be jumped on.
      why arent you allowed to post, did you piss someone off lol
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I'm just asking for the team that plays them on Feb. 11 to outscore them by 1.
        Seems like a simple, reasonable request to me.

By the way, getting back on topic, what a huge, gigantic, enormous win by the Shocks! It gives them a chance to capture a sweep that Creighton missed and thereby offset the one WSU won't get (but Creighton did) against Drake. A very satisfactory job by WSU of taking care of business.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 1, 2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Good win for the shox. The guys need to keep playing like a team and maybe they can beat the overrated bloated headed bluejays

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            why arent you allowed to post, did you piss someone off lol
            I can come across as a brash poster. I know this. But I have actually tried to tone it down when it was asked of me. Now, I watch other posters bait and troll all the time without repercussions, while I can't even get a basketball-related post in through the "moderation-approved" status that I am in. Just can't win. I'm done with a place that can't even keep it fair and has been after me from the get-go.

Thanks to whoever Haha is over there. That's what I wanted to say but couldn't.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• LOL some douche missery state fan saying what ragland did in the handshake is not even comparable to what Weems and creekmore do with their throat slashing and chest pounding
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                LOL some douche missery state fan saying what ragland did in the handshake is not even comparable to what Weems and creekmore do with their throat slashing and chest pounding
                I think I gave a pretty fair and reasoned response to the issue on MVCFans. That said, the reply to Casey Garrison For Prez's comment by Valley Champ made me laugh out loud. Here is what Casey said,

"Solid workmanlike win for the Shockers. That is what good teams do and they performed at the level of a good team playing in a hostile situation. We need to burn those uniforms they are bad karma I am afraid.

Ragland ought not run his mouth and gesticulate as he did. I respect the Shockers team but this East Coast kid is just something else. On the playground in Massachusetts that may be acceptable behavior but in organized basketball in the Midwest it is not considered classy. Then to try to relate this behavior to Weems and Creekmore is laughable. They never went that far and even if they did they were champions which speaks to that. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is something that Gregg needs to get a better handle on if he wants WSU to be highly respected as a model program."

Valley Champ didn't write one word. He simply posted this picture.

Weems.jpg
                Last edited by MoValley John; February 2, 2012, 12:33 AM. Reason: Clean up this mess of a post
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  [/FONT]
                  Valley Champ didn't write one word. He simply posted this picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160[/ATTACH]
                  Maybe some MoSt fans could borrow Weems glasses so they could see a little more clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    Good win for the shox. The guys need to keep playing like a team and maybe they can beat the overrated bloated headed bluejays
                    This is the key - we can't be "selfish." We need to play as a TEAM. At times, I think players get a little cocky and think "I can do this by myself" and don't recognize a pass to a teamate for a better shot. We can't be concerned with who makes 1st team or whatever.

It would be nice if we were concerned about making the all defensive team.

Comment

• I'm proud of the guys tonight, but I am afraid it's fools gold. We are not a fresh team at all. CU is fresh as hell, and if we don't go back to the bench, and let our top 7 get some rest, we're going to burn out imho, and you can already see it in our transition defense.

Creighton would have scored 100 against us tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I'm proud of the guys tonight, but I am afraid it's fools gold. We are not a fresh team at all. CU is fresh as hell, and if we don't go back to the bench, and let our top 7 get some rest, we're going to burn out imho, and you can already see it in our transition defense.

I was glad to see Jake White, T. Cotton and EO got a few minutes of playing time in the first half. IMO we need these guys to get more playing time so that our 7 core players remain fresh.

We have a deep bench and I would love to see coach use it more. It paid of big time last year going 10 to 11 deep. I am not sure why coach is so gun shy this year.

Comment

• Which is likely why we won the NIT last year...the NIT. It could be the focus is getting to the dance first.

Comment

I'm proud of the guys tonight, but I am afraid it's fools gold. We are not a fresh team at all. CU is fresh as hell, and if we don't go back to the bench, and let our top 7 get some rest, we're going to burn out imho, and you can already see it in our transition defense.

THIS!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              I was glad to see Jake White, T. Cotton and EO got a few minutes of playing time in the first half. IMO we need these guys to get more playing time so that our 7 core players remain fresh.

We have a deep bench and I would love to see coach use it more. It paid of big time last year going 10 to 11 deep. I am not sure why coach is so gun shy this year.
                              Coach explained it on his coaching show - he see them in practice every day and he goes with the guys he trusts.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. We should have won this game by 15-20 points. Our shooters are really bad right now. Having to hope one guys gets hot outside of Garrett is not a recipe for success in the long run. Defense has been suspect and rebounding is a shadow of what it was earlier in the year. The win was huge, but we're not in the same category as CU right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X