The Official Shocks vs. SWOMO Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    This would have drawn giggles a month ago, but Garrett is going to get serious, serious looks from NBA scouts in February and March. The guy has more dunks in his last 4 games than Paul Miller had during his entire senior year.
    Sorry for beating the same old drum, but he is dominating without any star treatment whatsoever from Valley refs.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      This would have drawn giggles a month ago, but Garrett is going to get serious, serious looks from NBA scouts in February and March. The guy has more dunks in his last 4 games than Paul Miller had during his entire senior year.
      If Garrett can have a good game against Echinique I might buy into this a little. Typically he hasn't played well against athletic big men which is the norm in the NBA. He didn't play well against Alabama or Creighton.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Great game by GS and Ben Smith. Stutz is having a better senior year than Paul Miller. Stutz really handles the ball better and can jump better than Miller.

I haven't had a chance to read this 17 page thread yet, so I am probably repeating what others have said. But it is worth repeating.

Too bad Dougie McD is going to be Valley Player of the Year. If we could get CU on Febr. 11 and then find a way to win the regular season title, maybe Stutz would have a shot at Player of the Year. Miller wouldn't have had a shot at it if WSU had not won the conference in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Sorry for beating the same old drum, but he is dominating without any star treatment whatsoever from Valley refs.
          Beat it louder....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            If Garrett can have a good game against Echinique I might buy into this a little. Typically he hasn't played well against athletic big men which is the norm in the NBA. He didn't play well against Alabama or Creighton.
            I agree. Regardless he will have alot of success as a professional basketball player somewhere. If he can continue this dominance through Omaha then he will definately start to raise NBA scout's eyebrows.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm a skeptic, too, but Garrett is playing differently and far smarter over the last 6 or so games. He is figuring it out.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

And without any high 5's from some teammates.

Yeah, that slam got me out of the chair.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Great game by GS and Ben Smith. Stutz is having a better senior year than Paul Miller. Stutz really handles the ball better and can jump better than Miller.

I haven't had a chance to read this 17 page thread yet, so I am probably repeating what others have said. But it is worth repeating.

Too bad Dougie McD is going to be Valley Player of the Year. If we could get CU on Febr. 11 and then find a way to win the regular season title, maybe Stutz would have a shot at Player of the Year. Miller wouldn't have had a shot at it if WSU had not won the conference in 2006.
                  Miller also benefited from a redshirt year and Garrett did not. Garrett's progress has been amazing. Too bad he couldn't have gone to a big man's camp a year or two earlier...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Mr. Stutz was a skywalker on that play!!!!!!! The subject keeps arising. What if we would have had the luxury of redshirting him as a Frosh? Yikes. Yes, Mr. Miller was POY but Mr. Stuz is more vital to our team than even he was in my books. What a Senior Season and what a game Ben Smith played tonight!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Stutz will get some NBA looks. 7 footers dont grow on trees. Look at the career greg dreiling had, or greg ostertag.

Comment

THIS! It is the opposite. They call him for fouls just because they can. They let whoever the opponent is bang, bump and hang all over him but if he so much as touches them or breathes heavily on them they call him for a foul.

I think all of the banging that others are allowed to get away with is wearing on Carl Hall but it has only seemed to make Stutz tougher and play harder.

Comment

I agree. He has a history of showing up big in games where the opposing team is weak inside. Against teams with solid big men he has struggles immensely. It will be interesting to see him against Echinique and again against MOST at home with Patterson back in the lineup. I want him to succeed as much as the next guy but he needs to prove it against teams with good to great interior post play. I think he has the tools I just think he needs to go into those games with a different mentality because he plays somewhat "soft" when he knows he has to battle inside on both sides of the floor. We need him to become a force down low on a nightly basis if we are going to succeed in March, that's a fact.

Comment

• Miller had that sweet fade awy jump shot from the baseline. Stutz is a better rebounder and has better post moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Stutz will get some NBA looks. 7 footers dont grow on trees. Look at the career greg dreiling had, or greg ostertag.
                              I am sure he will get looks. But the game is a little different now then it was then. Centers are longer and more athletic than they used to be.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• He might not put up 20 in Omaha, but I can guarantee you he won't have a New Year's Eve repeat either. He is a totally different player now. Dude is finishing like our guys in the 80s used to- don't eff around with power dribbles and head fakes, just dunk the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X