2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
    Memphis playing selfish ball. Tulane back within 1 at the half. Memphis is so poorly coached it is criminal. So much talent wasted.
    Memphis = Me Me Me. There is no accountability. They may win a game or maybe more at the end but they won’t beat the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I gave up on watching the game when it was 22-9. Just now checked the halftime score. Wow!

21-9 run by Tulane from that point.
      I did the same thing. Crazy!

Comment

• Tulane hasn't made a FG in 6 minutes and is now down by 1 point. Yeah, one point. 46-45 with 9:46 left.

Memphis isn't as good a they were supposed to be and Tulane is better than they were supposed to be, but it's still early in the season. That's hard to remember when we're in conference play.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Tulane does have the superior coach
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Tulane looked good in the game I watched a little bit of. They play together and can really stroke it from deep.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Tulane looked good in the game I watched a little bit of. They play together and can really stroke it from deep.
              They be strokin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

They be strokin'...

Smooth
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• After Houston the league is wide open. There are a lot of good teams this year but maybe only one great team. It’s going to be a very interesting conference race and NCAA tourney selection Sunday for the American.

USF has a lot of length, athleticism and talent but I thought they looked discombobulated at times against Cinci. Next Tuesday is a winnable game if we do the little things for 40 minutes. USF will go through some head scratching stretches. We need to take advantage of them because they will turn around and look amazing the next minute.

Comment

• Tulane ran out of gas late in the game. They were slow getting to defensive assignments and Memphis was getting WIDE open looks on nearly every possession.

Comment

• It seems everyone has given the league to Houston. I don't see that way because their strength is perimeter play. And there are lots of teams in this league where perimeter play is the strength of the team. Some days those shots don't fall and you have to win another way. Time will tell if Houston can win on the days when the shots don't fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        It seems everyone has given the league to Houston. I don't see that way because their strength is perimeter play. And there are lots of teams in this league where perimeter play is the strength of the team. Some days those shots don't fall and you have to win another way. Time will tell if Houston can win on the days when the shots don't fall.
                        This makes it sound like Houston is some up and comer that we aren’t sure is legit. Nothing I’ve seen the last three years gives me any doubt about their ability to win games when they don’t shoot well. They are nasty on defense and rebound like crazy. Until proven otherwise they are the team everyone in the league is chasing this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This makes it sound like Houston is some up and comer that we aren’t sure is legit. Nothing I’ve seen the last three years gives me any doubt about their ability to win games when they don’t shoot well. They are nasty on defense and rebound like crazy. Until proven otherwise they are the team everyone in the league is chasing this year.
                          I'm looking forward to seeing our guys give them a run. Somehow our group seems to have something special about them. Going to be fun!

Comment

• Rough night so far for cincinnati. Down 49 - 26 to Georgia at half.

Comment

• Cincy cut it down to 51-39 in the first 3:48 of the second half.

Comment

• Can’t lose to Tom Crean/ Dwight Shrute

Comment

Working...
                                X