No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but apparently Caleb Mills has chosen to transfer out of Houston. That's a huge loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
      Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but apparently Caleb Mills has chosen to transfer out of Houston. That's a huge loss.
      Our players appear to like our coach....

Comment

• Comment

• I don’t think we’re much closer, if any, to North Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
            Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but apparently Caleb Mills has chosen to transfer out of Houston. That's a huge loss.
            Maybe, maybe not. He only started 7 games last year playing 22.5 mpg as a red-shirt freshman. This year, no starts and 19.0 mpg. In his 2 years, he has had more TOs than assists (not good for a 6'3" guard). Last year, he had 8 games of 20 points, but also had 11 games under 10. Guards Sasser and Jarreau are up from 23.7/23.1 mpg last year to 32.1/27.3 mpg and all regular playing guards (4 of them) have a positive assists to TO ratio except Mills (1 assist/ 6 TOs in 4 games). Given Mills lack of playing time after being tabbed by the AAC as the pre-season player of the year, something wasn't right. May be an addition by subtraction situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Maybe, maybe not. He only started 7 games last year playing 22.5 mpg as a red-shirt freshman. This year, no starts and 19.0 mpg. In his 2 years, he has had more TOs than assists (not good for a 6'3" guard). Last year, he had 8 games of 20 points, but also had 11 games under 10. Guards Sasser and Jarreau are up from 23.7/23.1 mpg last year to 32.1/27.3 mpg and all regular playing guards (4 of them) have a positive assists to TO ratio except Mills (1 assist/ 6 TOs in 4 games). Given Mills lack of playing time after being tabbed by the AAC as the pre-season player of the year, something wasn't right. May be an addition by subtraction situation.
              He’s had injury issues this year. Ankle, I believe.

Comment

• I'd take that big dude that's transferring from WVU in a heartbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I'd take that big dude that's transferring from WVU in a heartbeat
                  Rumor is Miami was tampering with him ... so they are the front runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He’s had injury issues this year. Ankle, I believe.
                    To be clear, I'm not saying anything regarding "missed games", only the games he played in. Mills missed the first game of the year, played in the next 2. He then did not play from sometime after the Texas Tech game on 11/29 (but before the South Carolina game 12/5) until he played again on 12/26 against UCF. Houston also had 3 games postponed/cancelled during that time. In his last 2 games, I assume he was totally healthy as he played 25 and 23 minutes. He did not start either game and played fewer minutes than 3 other guards (who did start). If I have a pre-season all conference player who played 25 minutes the game before, I'm assuming he is healthy enough to start that 2nd game, but he did not. I think it is fair to say that there may very well have been other reasons he did not start and those reasons were key in him stepping away, then leaving the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

To be clear, I'm not saying anything regarding "missed games", only the games he played in. Mills missed the first game of the year, played in the next 2. He then did not play from sometime after the Texas Tech game on 11/29 (but before the South Carolina game 12/5) until he played again on 12/26 against UCF. Houston also had 3 games postponed/cancelled during that time. In his last 2 games, I assume he was totally healthy as he played 25 and 23 minutes. He did not start either game and played fewer minutes than 3 other guards (who did start). If I have a pre-season all conference player who played 25 minutes the game before, I'm assuming he is healthy enough to start that 2nd game, but he did not. I think it is fair to say that there may very well have been other reasons he did not start and those reasons were key in him stepping away, then leaving the team.
                      Maybe. That just seems like a lot of guesswork. I don’t follow Houston as close as you, I just heard he had some injury issues this year followed by the Covid stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I'd take that big dude that's transferring from WVU in a heartbeat
                        Tshiebwe? (just verified that that is the case on FANSIDED.com)

I wondered why he wasn't on the floor the other night against the Pokes.

Comment

• Tulsa gets a 10 point win at USF. Tulsa is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Maybe. That just seems like a lot of guesswork. I don’t follow Houston as close as you, I just heard he had some injury issues this year followed by the Covid stuff.
                            Guesswork, yes. A lot of guesswork? Things lineup too well to be a lot of guesswork. He's not losing anything, so he might as well leave now rather than later. "Tells me" he's not a happy camper.

Comment

• Cincinnati beats SMU in Dallas. SMU is so dumb. Terrible shots and poor passing in last 3 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                                Cincinnati beats SMU in Dallas. SMU is so dumb. Terrible shots and poor passing in last 3 minutes.
                                Ooof
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X