No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston players are offensive rebounding monsters. If MU and IPBC don't step up and fight for every rebound we are going to struggle on Wednesday. If IB does nothing else he should make sure we are prepared to rebound. Houston can be beat if you limit their second chance points.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• These guys are absolute monsters on the boards. Yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        Houston players are offensive rebounding monsters. If MU and IPBC don't step up and fight for every rebound we are going to struggle on Wednesday. If IB does nothing else he should make sure we are prepared to rebound. Houston can be beat if you limit their second chance points.
        Our transition D was terrible early this year. That seems to be resolved now.

Rebounding has been another big issue. I’m not declaring all problems fixed after one game but we did out rebound Ole Miss.

Like you said, Houston is another animal. Missed shots are basically assists (ha ha) for them. Limiting their second chances will require a full team effort.

Comment

• Playing zone against Houston would be a given except it’s hard to rebound effectively, which is precisely what we don’t need.

Comment

• And while people are loathe to admit it, Houston has an elite coach on top of all that talent...

Comment

• SMU appears to be much improved defensively

Comment

• Houston is relentless on the boards and defensively. Going to be tough to get good shots.

Comment

• I just can’t buy Jank being a coach to be worried about..... but I think Haith is horrible so what do I know???

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                    Houston players are offensive rebounding monsters. If MU and IPBC don't step up and fight for every rebound we are going to struggle on Wednesday. If IB does nothing else he should make sure we are prepared to rebound. Houston can be beat if you limit their second chance points.
                    Totally agree. If the shocks don't come ready to fight and claw for every rebound they might as well stay home. Houston is going to hit the boards hard. That is who they are. I think one of the announcer said just throw it on the backboard and see who go gets it. Basketball IQ is underrated. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Playing zone against Houston would be a given except it’s hard to rebound effectively, which is precisely what we don’t need.
                      I hear you but the Tulsa zone seems to always give Houston problems. I can't explain it.!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        Yeap. Arguably the game of the year in AAC. After watching the 1st half of Houston and SMU there is just one conclusion to reach. And this conclusion has been confirmed by the announcers and the ESPN halftime crew many times during the broadcast. I think it has been stated at least 4 times.

HOUSTON AND SMU ARE THE TWO BEST TEAMS IN THE AAC. In addition Kendra Davis is the best point guard in the league and Houston is very physical and all other teams and players will melt like butter when they play them. Who said Texas was a football state. Baylor and Texas are really good. And Houston and SMU are the two best teams in the AAC. Look what Texas and TCU did to those two kansas schools in basketball this past weekend. Time for the shocks to go get their butt whippings from the two best teams in the AAC.

Media almost always pander to population centers if at all possible. Its called money.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Playing zone against Houston would be a given except it’s hard to rebound effectively, which is precisely what we don’t need.
                          I Believe they are shooting about 40% from 3 land. Too good to go zone, plus the rebounding you state. My opinion, go tight man without collapsing guards for help. Keep a big low for the help on drives,. Throw in a little zone just to throw some confusion in the mix.
                          looks like a tough one, but if shox minimize turnovers and rebound they should be able to compete. If they add good shooting to that they should win.

Comment

• Goodbutt actually is paying WSU a compliment. Obviously.

Comment

• SMU's guard Davis had a lights out game until about 8 minutes to go. Houston literally put two guys on him to limit his penetration. The kid is uber fast but it looked like we got winded there at the end. Lots of athleticism on both teams and lots of blocks (and goal tending) at the rim. Gonna have to bring the big boy pants when we play these two. I like our chances and Go Shocks

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X