No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU easily wins at UCF. They are now tied with us for 2nd at 4 and 2 in conference play.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
      SMU easily wins at UCF. They are now tied with us for 2nd at 4 and 2 in conference play.
      Easily?
      It was 61-58 with 6+ to go. Then it was 65-61 with 4+ to go. Then SMU took off and UCF didn't make another basket the rest of the game!
      SMU has some athletes and Davis is a very good PG. Chargois and Anei are decent in the paint. They will not be any fun.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Easily?
        It was 61-58 with 6+ to go. Then it was 65-61 with 4+ to go. Then SMU took off and UCF didn't make another basket the rest of the game!
        SMU has some athletes and Davis is a very good PG. Chargois and Anei are decent in the paint. They will not be any fun.

That is all.
        I think both of those teams will give us problems. We don’t physically match up with either team. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I think both of those teams will give us problems. We don’t physically match up with either team. I hope I’m wrong.
          I think we match up well with both of those teams. Not worried. But lets be honest. SMU and UCF have not played the schedule the Shocks have played. Its not even close. Still the shocks will have to come ready to play to win those games. The real concern in my opinion is Cincy.

The shocks need to get back to playing good defense and knocking down shots.to beat Cincy at their place. Cincy will make an adjustment from the last game so the shocks need to be prepared to adjust too. The thing that was disappointing about the Memphis loss was a lack of MTXE. I did not see the mental toughness that I had seen in other games this year. Time for the guys to put their big boy pants on and Man Up.

Comment

• Memphis wins at ECU.

Comment

• Temple up 44-25 over Tulsa at half

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                Temple up 44-25 over Tulsa at half
                Girls?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Girls?
                  Nope boys Covid makeup game.

53-66 with 4 to go.
                  Last edited by jdmee; January 26, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Parish/Norlander had a interesting discussion of how selection sunday would be upended if certain schools who knew they had a resume that would get themselves into the tournament decided to pull out of their conference tournament to protect against themselves from getting covid. One of the examples they used was Gonzaga, but said they could see this being used by power conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Parish/Norlander had a interesting discussion of how selection sunday would be upended if certain schools who knew they had a resume that would get themselves into the tournament decided to pull out of their conference tournament to protect against themselves from getting covid. One of the examples they used was Gonzaga, but said they could see this being used by power conferences.
                      It's going to be interesting for sure. There is really nothing to be gained to play in a conference tourney with no fans and no profitability for a team that's already in. May get a few one more at large bids for conferences that wouldn't have had them otherwise.

Comment

• Tulsa is looking faker by the minute.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Temple beats Tulsa in Philadelphia. Our road win at Tulsa doesn’t look so good now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

It's going to be interesting for sure. There is really nothing to be gained to play in a conference tourney with no fans and no profitability for a team that's already in. May get a few one more at large bids for conferences that wouldn't have had them otherwise.
                            It would be smart for Houston to not take a chance on covid exposure at the conference tournament and risk their NCAA tournament chances.

Comment

• We gotta beat Houston

Comment

• If Houston is healthy they will handle us easily. We gotta split with Memphis and SMU plus sweeps of the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X