2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Unlikely. As I understand it, most, if not all, of the cases of transmission in pro sports has come within a team. Players on opposing teams aren’t in close enough contact with each other for long enough time to transmit during a game. I don’t have any links but I know the NFL or someone related to the NFL used gps technology to track that kind of stuff for a study.
    True. I guess my concern isn't so much the player(s) getting Covid, my concern is more that the weird, arbitrary, too strict rules regarding contact tracing would mess up the Tulsa game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

True. I guess my concern isn't so much the player(s) getting Covid, my concern is more that the weird, arbitrary, too strict rules regarding contact tracing would mess up the Tulsa game.
      I suppose it’s possible however, if I remember correctly (which is never a sure thing), the study regarding the NFL found that even the offensive and defensive linemen rarely met the qualifications for a close contact when the entire game was tracked. Unfortunately I can’t find the article so it’s possible I’m making all of this up.

As far as whether the rules are weird, arbitrary, or too strict - everyone is entitled to their opinion. On the other hand not everyone is an epidemiologist so I would say not all opinions are created equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Uh oh. Hope the Shox weren't exposed to the Cincy case on Sunday...

Comment

• I'd say it's all but certain now that WSU will either play 2 home games against ECU or not play them at all.

Comment

• What makes you say this Doc?

Comment

• Maybe because ECU now has two games that have to be made up?

Comment

• If ECU plays WSU twice in Wichita, WSU would have 8 out of 9 at home starting January 30th. If nothing else changes which is a big if. The only date that I can see ECU coming here before Feb. 21st is Feb. 15th. They have an afternoon road game at Temple on the 13th and a road game at Houston the 17th. That is our off week as of now. They might prefer to play back to back in Wichita. ECU’s off week isn’t until Feb 22nd (when they may be at WSU) to the 26th and also Feb 28th to March 3rd. Cincy may have to play back to back at ECU the last weekend of the season.

Comment

• Interesting move. He said he wanted to be closer to home but while this is "closer" it's still 8 hours away

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Interesting move. He said he wanted to be closer to home but while this is "closer" it's still 8 hours away
                    Not that close. Sampson’s decision to keep his players from going home for Christmas may not have been a good move. They probably don’t get home often anyway. Maybe or maybe not, that contributed to the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                      What makes you say this Doc?
                      Muh mind wanders.........

Comment

• So with the SMU game Sunday getting postponed .. will we lose that road game vs SMU is a valid question. That was a Q1 opportunity and one i think we had more than a fair chance of winning. If they end up doing a back to back here at Wichita, it's nice to gain the home game, but the resume loss wouldn't be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                          What makes you say this Doc?
                          Because they would have to be back to back to fit them in ECU’s makeup game schedule
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• With a week + 1 day between Tulsa and Memphis games I wonder if we will try and schedule something else or possibly squeeze the ECU game in on Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              With a week + 1 day between Tulsa and Memphis games I wonder if we will try and schedule something else or possibly squeeze the ECU game in on Monday?
                              That's definitely a possibility that would fit.

Also interesting that now Memphis will have gone nearly 3 weeks since playing a game by the time they play Tulsa this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's definitely a possibility that would fit.

Also interesting that now Memphis will have gone nearly 3 weeks since playing a game by the time they play Tulsa this weekend.
                                I just saw Taylor’s new article. In it he says WSU not looking to find a replacement game at this time so I guess it’s ECU or bust. Seems like now is the best time to get that game in.

I didn’t know that about Memphis. Was it due to their own Covid issues or other teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X