2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I just saw Taylor’s new article. In it he says WSU not looking to find a replacement game at this time so I guess it’s ECU or bust. Seems like now is the best time to get that game in.

I didn’t know that about Memphis. Was it due to their own Covid issues or other teams?
    I believe they have been on the other side of all these cancels. Their last game was Dec 29th vs South Florida. They had a Jan 2nd game cancelled vs Temple due to Temple, Jan 5th vs UCF due to UCF, then had a week break anyways it appears and now SMU is cancelling tonight due to SMU.

Comment

• Also of Note: If they try to do back to back to catch these games up, WSU could end up with something like this:

2/21: ECU
      2/22: ECU
      2/25: Houston
      2/28: SMU
      3/1: SMU
      3/3: @Tulane

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Also of Note: If they try to do back to back to catch these games up, WSU could end up with something like this:

2/21: ECU
        2/22: ECU
        2/25: Houston
        2/28: SMU
        3/1: SMU
        3/3: @Tulane
        That wouldn't be good.

Comment

• Just win and it won’t make much of a difference.

Comment

• Houston vs USF tomorrow has also been cancelled due to Covid within USF. We are supposed to play USF on the 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

That wouldn't be good.
              yeah, not good at all. Home game or not, that’s a lot of games in a short time window.

Comment

• Temple beats UCF by 7. UCF drops to 3-4. UCF was going to hopefully be a Q1 opportunity when we go there ... doesn't look like that's gonna end up being true.

Comment

• Comment

• Any ideas on how the league is going to make up so many postponed games? Can they?

Comment

Any ideas on how the league is going to make up so many postponed games? Can they?
                      We are approaching the point that i dont' know how they do. Maybe with something crazy like a bubble for 2 weeks at the end of the year where they do all the makeups and conference tourney at 1 location.

Comment

• I think the NCAA should extend the basketball season one month, putting the tournament a month later.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          I think the NCAA should extend the basketball season one month, putting the tournament a month later.
                          College basketball after the Masters...blasphemy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            I think the NCAA should extend the basketball season one month, putting the tournament a month later.
                            They won't. The NCAA position is regular season is the regular season and it up to the leagues to get in as many games during the window as they want/can.

Only thing they care about is getting March Madness started and completed. They are already rushing the move from the end of regular season to the start of the tournament (they should leave enough time to test and get any teams through a covid pause, but they aren't). I will not be surprised to see some games forfeited because of covid. The NCAA is making provisions I believe of extending the end date of the tournament in case covid disrupts during their either the elite 8 or final 4.

Comment

• Comment

Dang, nothing about our 2 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X