No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, the best IHCIB could hope for was to change the debate from, “Should we have fired HCGM” to “Should we hire HCBM”? He’s done that!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Your narrative on Medved is wildly inaccurate. He got Drake to the CIT in Year 1 and then (obviously) took an upgrade at a school he spent a few years as an assistant at and seems to be doing just fine there.

Jans
      Beilein
      Matta

Easy 3 names that make Isaac Brown a fallback option and keeps us from making Isaac Brown permanent HC this afternoon like so many are clamoring for. Regardless of the President and AD situation, I think you’ll actually be surprised by some of the people that throw their name in the ring once the season is over.
      I don't get all the hype with Jans. #1 he has too much baggage. #2 he coaches in a crap conference so that record is way over inflated. No thanks. I'd take a guy like Porter Moser over any of the 3 you mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Yes, KS was not a fan of Triple G.
        And with good reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
          In an earlier post I expressed concern that if coach Brown finishes strong, and the players seem to really like and respect him, going thru yet another coaching change could cause yet another round of defections. Now we have beaten Houston and are in first place. At this point , if he gets us into the big dance, I’m all in and believe it would be foolish to let him go. On the other hand , if he stumbles badly, there is cause to look around. I hope he is our coach next year, but all the facts aren’t in....... but I do think Sterling Chapman made a mistake..
          Chapman made a huge mistake. His loss. We can do better anyway. He's good but not that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post

I don't get all the hype with Jans. #1 he has too much baggage. #2 he coaches in a crap conference so that record is way over inflated. No thanks. I'd take a guy like Porter Moser over any of the 3 you mentioned.
            Could have probably said the same #1 and #2 about Gregg. And Porter over Beilein is crazy talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He won at Rhode Island. He is having a really nice year, first year in the Big East and they are 4th right now. A great coach is a little far maybe, but he is an upcoming, young coach who will be successful at UCONN. He comes from a coaching background. Last year was his first year and UCONN was middle of the pack, but Connecticut will be really good going forward.

Your rankings of coaches hasn’t always been stellar but I’ve never called you out.
              Yeah... I might have seemed harsh... sorry... HOWEVER, I sat behind him at the tourney in 2019 twice ( maybe one time was in Wichita) and got the sense of a loon...possibly I was wrong....just was not impressed

Comment

Chapman made a huge mistake. His loss. We can do better anyway. He's good but not that good.
                I TOTALLY agree on his bad choice( I DO think he is very good, though).... and I’ve made my antipathy toward Haith known here...he’s brutal... wish Sterling WAS coming

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  I TOTALLY agree on his bad choice( I DO think he is very good, though).... and I’ve made my antipathy toward Haith known here...he’s brutal... wish Sterling WAS coming
                  I wish he was coming too, but the point is that he is replaceable. Yes it would have been great having him here, but if he isn't coming, they'll get someone that wants to be here.

Comment

Bruce Weber as a basketball coach is almost as bad as Todd Butler as a baseball coach. The only reason K-State got as far as they did in the tournament a couple years ago is because UMBC upset Virginia. Had Virginia won they likely would have destroyed the Cats. He's a mediocre coach at best.

Now, Porter Moser I would take in a heartbeat. Easily over Jans, Beilein, or Matta.
                    Lol you are crazy. Porter Moser failed at some other MVC school in the past...but he feasts on the new MVC with absolutely no quality programs. Bruce Weber has won 2 Big 12 championships. Name another coach who has done that in the Bill Self era. And Im a KSU grad who thinks Weber sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Lol you are crazy. Porter Moser failed at some other MVC school in the past...but he feasts on the new MVC with absolutely no quality programs. Bruce Weber has won 2 Big 12 championships. Name another coach who has done that in the Bill Self era. And Im a KSU grad who thinks Weber sucks.
                      Here I go again....
                      Bruce Weber is
                      Horrible.
                      I would rather never watch basketball again if he coached my team

Comment

Steve Eck has to be #1 on the list, right? LOL
                        Does Mike Cohen have a grandson?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

After what you saw last night, how likely do you think the possibility is that we lose our last five games? Seriously!
                          4.5% chance of going 0-4.

Comment

• I brought up Moser and Weber as examples of how looking for hot mid-major or available P5 coaches was incredibly stupid.

The best thing about Moser is IlSU fired him to hire Muller and now Moser is destroying Muller.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I brought up Moser and Weber as examples of how looking for hot mid-major or available P5 coaches was incredibly stupid.

The best thing about Moser is IlSU fired him to hire Muller and now Moser is destroying Muller.
                              Jank was between Porter and Dirty Dan.

78-65

Comment

Now, Porter Moser I would take in a heartbeat. Easily over Jans, Beilein, or Matta.
                                Losing credibility at record speed. Do yourself a favor, please have someone familiar with basketball review your posts before submitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X