Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    If a very good post player commits and then we end up getting a new coach, that player probably decommits, unless they were committing to the school and not the coach.
    I’d be surprised if anyone actually commits until a coach is hired.

Comment

• I have concern that if we finish strong, say second in the AAC, and assuming the current players really like Coach Brown, we may go through another round of defections if we do not stick with him.....maybe not with a “name” coach. But I wonder if that is a consideration....

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
        I have concern that if we finish strong, say second in the AAC, and assuming the current players really like Coach Brown, we may go through another round of defections if we do not stick with him.....maybe not with a “name” coach. But I wonder if that is a consideration....
        Hope for the best, expect the worst and plan for both.

Comment

• As I posted a few weeks ago, for several reasons (stability, continuity, and recruiting - good players aren't waiting around to see who will be named head coach before making up their minds), Isaac Brown should be given the job ASAP. There is another reason: WSU, I believe, was the first university outside the HBCUs to hire a black head football coach; it's time we had a black basketball head coach. Just my opinion, I understand several Shocker Netters won't agree, and those actually making the decision probably don't pay much attention to our opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Ratt View Post
            As I posted a few weeks ago, for several reasons (stability, continuity, and recruiting - good players aren't waiting around to see who will be named head coach before making up their minds), Isaac Brown should be given the job ASAP. There is another reason: WSU, I believe, was the first university outside the HBCUs to hire a black head football coach; it's time we had a black basketball head coach. Just my opinion, I understand several Shocker Netters won't agree, and those actually making the decision probably don't pay much attention to our opinions.
            The basketball coach should not be hired based on race. They should be hired based on qualifications, merit, and potential for future success.

Based on lots of in-game coaching decisions, I don’t think he’s the right guy. These guys were taught defense under Marshall and there is enough offensive fire power on talent alone that they have made it to where they are now, by the skin of their teeth.

Still don’t have a signature win yet either.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The basketball coach should not be hired based on race. They should be hired based on qualifications, merit, and potential for future success.

Based on lots of in-game coaching decisions, I don’t think he’s the right guy. These guys were taught defense under Marshall and there is enough offensive fire power on talent alone that they have made it to where they are now, by the skin of their teeth.

Still don’t have a signature win yet either.
              Agree. I don't care if the next coach is an Alien flying in on a UFO as long as they are the right person.

Race should have nothing to do with it either way..

We also shouldn't be short sighted and only worry about keeping current players happy.

It should be about long term possibilities as well
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                I have concern that if we finish strong, say second in the AAC, and assuming the current players really like Coach Brown, we may go through another round of defections if we do not stick with him.....maybe not with a “name” coach. But I wonder if that is a consideration....
                It shouldn't be much of a consideration. The hire should be about the future and not just next season.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Remove the interim tag tomorrow. That’s all

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                    Remove the interim tag tomorrow. That’s all
                    Coaching played a big part tonight for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                      Remove the interim tag tomorrow. That’s all
                      I don’t know about tomorrow, but this makes it really easy to hire him, and really difficult to let him walk.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• IB got his signature win. Really good use of timeouts tonight IMO. I’m rooting for him.

Comment

• I think coaching search has been concluded .

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don’t know about tomorrow, but this makes it really easy to hire him, and really difficult to let him walk.
                            If we are gonna do it ... Do it now. Let him start closing recruits

Comment

• If the voting was today, he would be COY in AAC.

Do you think he's not going to get better?

Tough to not just let it roll with IB at this point.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ******* is taking credit for all of this on Twitter. What an absolute ****wad.

Comment

Working...
                                X