Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He didn't just hit a couple home runs. He freaking caused the company valuation to skyrocket to an eventual IPO and made the founders effing wealthy beyond their imagination. Yeah, they would definitely give him as many years as they like to try and repeat that result. And no worries if he never does because they are set for life. And my analogy is pretty freakin' good if you drive down 21st or Oliver and open your eyes.
    Adam Neumann says hello!

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Adam Neumann says hello!

I don't know who that is? Any relation to Alford P?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't know who that is? Any relation to Alford P?
        The WeWork guy that built a huge valuation, then used the company like a personal piggy bank, tanked the company and walked away with billions.

Comment

The WeWork guy that built a huge valuation, then used the company like a personal piggy bank, tanked the company and walked away with billions.
          That's your opinion of HC3GM?

Comment

That's your opinion of HC3GM?
            Not exactly, just running with your analogy. I do believe he got very used to being the BSD in town, on the court and on campus. He and his family felt entitled to win, behave however the eff they wanted amd be lauded because of what had been accomplished. As far as the WeWork analogy, let's see where the program is in a couple of years. Are we in a better or worse position than we were in 2006? I'm inclined to believe better, but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I actually agree with the poster.....how many NCAA's have we made the last 3 years? How many kids have transferred out of the program the last 3 years?

Most of us are not judged by the full portfolio of our accomplishments, we are judged based on 'what have you accomplished lately?'

Marshall hasn't accomplished or succeeded to the level of success the program was once at. Hence the term decline is appropriate in this case.
              We missed NCAA one year. The year we graduated 6 seniors,
              an NBA guard, and the Reaves transfer. And in that year we went to the NIT semifinals with a bunch of freshmen and McDuffie.

We were on track to make the tourney this year until COVID cut the season short.

At least get your facts straight.

Comment

Are we in a better or worse position than we were in 2006? I'm inclined to believe better, but we'll see.
                Syntax error.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

He couldn't beat Houston, either. We shouldn't have gotten blown out the way we did when we played them, if you were to believe the level of talent we had.

I attended the U of H game here (in Houston) about 3 years ago, and we got beat so bad, I was embarrassed for ever believing we could win that one. I posted at the time I would never attend another game here unless things changed bigly.
                  You want to know the score of the game when they came to Koch arena that year? 81-63 WSU.

Sad that you only want to attend games that are sure wins.

Comment

I wish you were my boss. I hit a couple of home run sales a few years back. Should be good for another 10 years of underperformance and HR violations.
                    Should Cal have been fired at Kentucky when he missed the tourney and lost at home to Bob Morris in the NIT.

Should Jay Wright have been fired when they missed the NCAA and NIT altogether?

I get that his record is not what has him under fire right
                    now but I’m seeing all this nonsense about a “downturn” come up again. One year we missed the NCAA tourney. We graduated 6 seniors, lost a guy to the NBA for the first time ever, and the Austin Reaves deal. And we still went to the NIT semis. Next year? We were on track to return to the NCAA until COVID hit. Reality doesn’t support what you guys are saying.

Comment

• Oh, and let’s conveniently forget our first year in the league where we took a little ole valley team and were within one bounce on a conference championship. Yeah, Gregg Marshall can’t hang in the AAC. Give me a break.

Comment

• I know that the shockers are going through a lot of turmoil right now, but we should not forget that last year team was 23-8 and possibly headed to the dance. That is not a losing season. And although the team did not achieve what many had hoped, to say that the program has declined under Coach M is wrong. Its clear that we needed more athletic players to compete in the AAC. And now that we got them, we may be losing the head coach.

The remaining coaches and players are going to have to band together like a Band of Brothers because there are a lot of people on this board that are showing a lack of confidence in them. The hell with that kind of thinking. Next Man Up. Go Shocks.

Comment

• For 3.5M is the bar really set at just making the tournament? When was the last time we played into the 2nd weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Should any kind of abuse (verbal, psychological, physical) even tolerated? This is a "game". We are not talking about people going off to war, we are talking kids playing a GAME at college where the ultimate goal should be to get a college education.

"Student Athele, brilliant sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                              For 3.5M is the bar really set at just making the tournament? When was the last time we played into the 2nd weekend?
                              So KU should fire Bill Self for not making the second weekend two years in a row?

Gonzaga didn’t make it out of the first weekend five years in a row, why is Mark Few still there accepting a paycheck.

There is nothing guaranteed in the NCAA tourney. Hell, the best WSU team maybe of all time didn’t get out of the first weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

"Student Athele, brilliant sir!"
                                It’s just a game, they should be having fun and getting an education.

Fire that mother ****er, he missed the NCAA one year.

Comment

Working...
                                X