No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. Has there ever been a team that fired a head coach and brought in a new one immediately? Two weeks before season begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Question. Has there ever been a team that fired a head coach and brought in a new one immediately? Two weeks before season begins?
      Since the head coach is still officially the head coach, I think the answer would be - no.

The Matta and Manning rumors I think was for them to troll Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Since the head coach is still officially the head coach, I think the answer would be - no.

The Matta and Manning rumors I think was for them to troll Marshall.
        Thx. And I hope 3G stays here for years and years. We still have a NC to win!

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
          Someone just sent me an article indicating that we may be interested in Thad Matta should a position open up.

I don't want Marshall to leave, but if the job opened up, he might be worthy of consideration. A10 experience (Xavier) played a little in the Valley (Southern Ill.) and won 3 B10 championships at Ohio State (info was sourced from Peegs).

Anybody but Danny Manning!
          Suspect Danny Manning would probably like to take some time off from coaching at this point in time and at this point in his career.

Comment

• Don't need or want a new coach. Love the old one. Need a tough coach AND tough players who take pride in
            their toughness. Show me some verifiable proof that SM was physically injured or any 5 yr old reports/records. Players
            take very hard hits from other players every day in practice and verbal abuse is rampant - it's part of the game.
            So are tough coaches nearly everywhere ! Another question I have. Can SM get some sort of monetary compensation
            out of all this? If so, there is your motive. I hope GM fights this all the way as I just don't see what ever happened rising
            to the level of his getting fired over it.

Comment

• Is this guy available?

EgEqp3AWsAUQoSa?format=png&name=small.png

Comment

• I doubt this would happen, but I would like to see:

- Marshall stays but with an amended contract and limited duties. Cut out the rolling part of the contract and let it expire in spring of 2022 and reduce the amount. Redo the coaching duties to be a special coach, ala Jans when he came back, or a paid consultant, ala the current situation with Golden.

- allow Isaac Brown to be head coach and run practices and be the main guy on the sidelines during games. Marshall would stay away from both to keep him out of the public eye, but he could go over practice film and offer suggestions or do some scouting reports.

- put Marshall on a plan of action and if he doesn't follow it, he's terminated for cause. Include things such as undergoing anger management, staying away from practices, etc.

- allow Marshall to pursue other opportunities as long as they're not detrimental to WSU

- in the summer, re-evaluate things and if Marshall has made appropriate changes, allow him to once again be the head coach

That's just a basic outline but Marshall may be okay with it, especially if he still got paid a million or two a year. Basically he would just be benched to put it in basketball terms, but would still be on the team and could contribute in some way. He'd be out of the public eye and could get counseling. He's getting close to being 60 and if he really wanted to get out of coaching, it would allow him to still get paid while he considers what to do next. He may even like just being a consultant and not having all the headaches of being a head coach.

On the other hand, he may hate the idea and say screw it, I'm done with WSU and I'm moving on to other things. Who knows :) He could always do like the guy who was on Last Chance U:

"Without coaching to focus on, the Last Chance U vet started his own whisky and cigar brand, which he actively promotes on his social media account. He also released his own book titled Hate Me Now, Love Me Later, which details his journey as a player and a coach. Despite not actively coaching, Brown is still active in the football community by offering classes to players and fellow coaches. "

from https://screenrant.com/last-chance-u...what-happened/
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                  I wish :)
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    Players
                    take very hard hits from other players every day in practice and verbal abuse is rampant - it's part of the game.
                    Should any kind of abuse (verbal, psychological, physical) even tolerated? This is a "game". We are not talking about people going off to war, we are talking kids playing a GAME at college where the ultimate goal should be to get a college education.

! Another question I have. Can SM get some sort of monetary compensation
                    out of all this? If so, there is your motive.
                    What is the mechanism of how he going to compensated? I don't see it.

I hope GM fights this all the way as I just don't see what ever happened rising
                    to the level of his getting fired over it.
                    Well, it seems pretty clear this program under GM was not going anywhere. And it looks like we have finally got a glimpse of why it was on the full-on decline.

Comment

• For the Rudy Giulianis still pining for GM, take it over to the investigation thread. We don't need another thread singing the virtues on why GM should stay.

This thread is assuming the inevitable and who's next.

Comment

Should any kind of abuse (verbal, psychological, physical) even tolerated? This is a "game". We are not talking about people going off to war, we are talking kids playing a GAME at college where the ultimate goal should be to get a college education.

What is the mechanism of how he going to compensated? I don't see it.

Well, it seems pretty clear this program under GM was not going anywhere. And it looks like we have finally got a glimpse of why it was on the full-on decline.
                        You’re last shows your a$$ big time! “Full on Decline”. You’re in full on decline and ready for the nursing home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          You’re last shows your a$$ big time! “Full on Decline”. You’re in full on decline and ready for the nursing home.
                          I will unapologetically stand for what right - always. Anything else is "Idolatry".

Comment

Pretty strong statement; while I don't think the program was in "full decline" I do agree with your statement "this program under GM was not going anywhere" as regards winning the AAC Mens Basketball Championship and Tournament.

Comment

• Slight decline seems more betta

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                I actually agree with the poster.....how many NCAA's have we made the last 3 years? How many kids have transferred out of the program the last 3 years?

Most of us are not judged by the full portfolio of our accomplishments, we are judged based on 'what have you accomplished lately?'

Marshall hasn't accomplished or succeeded to the level of success the program was once at. Hence the term decline is appropriate in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                X