Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    Get ready for mediocrity.
    Your problem is that you don't understand that losing takes an incredible amount of incompetence to do at WSU. I'm not going to say winning is easy at WSU, because it's not. And winning at the level that GM did is definitely above average. But it's not a coincidence that the only real losing you have was 3 coaches in the 90s who, looking back had neither the talent, tools or ability to succeed. Those barriers are gone for the most part. So long as we don't hire a dumbass (and all the talk I have heard, I don't think that will be the case) WSU will win.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

So long as we don't hire a dumbass (and all the talk I have heard, I don't think that will be the case) WSU will win.
      What would you characterize the "Danny Manning" rumor as?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Your problem is that you don't understand that losing takes an incredible amount of incompetence to do at WSU. I'm not going to say winning is easy at WSU, because it's not. And winning at the level that GM did is definitely above average. But it's not a coincidence that the only real losing you have was 3 coaches in the 90s who, looking back had neither the talent, tools or ability to succeed. Those barriers are gone for the most part. So long as we don't hire a dumbass (and all the talk I have heard, I don't think that will be the case) WSU will win.
        If this would have happened while we were in the MVC ... i would have been WAY more concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

that would be dumbass.

Comment

**** that ****
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• While I had a lot of info on what led up to this investigation mess, I had zero information on how this was all going to end up. I have been in the dark for days like everybody else. I am personally shocked that GM might not be our coach in a matter of hours if these rumors are true. The timing could not be worse. We are supposed to tip off in a few weeks. Are we going to play the season with an interim coach? Do we lose a large portion of this incoming recruiting class? Do lawsuits fly from GM back toward the University or other people? 2020 has left me mentally numb, but this news just leaves me bummed.

Comment

We'll, he knows how to recruit. Just hire the 5*'s truck driving dad as your top assistant, and wham you got a 5*.
                If done at WSU, we would be put on NCAA probation. Only chicken Hawks, ACC and SEC teams are allowed to do those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                  While I had a lot of info on what led up to this investigation mess, I had zero information on how this was all going to end up. I have been in the dark for days like everybody else. I am personally shocked that GM might not be our coach in a matter of hours if these rumors are true. The timing could not be worse. We are supposed to tip off in a few weeks. Are we going to play the season with an interim coach? Do we lose a large portion of this incoming recruiting class? Do lawsuits fly from GM back toward the University or other people? 2020 has left me mentally numb, but this news just leaves me bummed.
                  "Large Portion of this incoming class" - The only incoming player is Chapman. The rest are at school enrolled and taking classes. They would have no chance of playing this year if they transferred. So they wont bounce before this season especially since they aren't using a year of eligibility anyways. If they stay will likely depend on who we hire. Many of these players were recruited by the assistants anyways.

Comment

• For those who need it, a reminder that the reason Gregg is fired is because of his own actions. All he had to do was not hit a player or choke a coach. He chose to do that. This is only his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                      While I had a lot of info on what led up to this investigation mess, I had zero information on how this was all going to end up. I have been in the dark for days like everybody else. I am personally shocked that GM might not be our coach in a matter of hours if these rumors are true. The timing could not be worse. We are supposed to tip off in a few weeks. Are we going to play the season with an interim coach? Do we lose a large portion of this incoming recruiting class? Do lawsuits fly from GM back toward the University or other people? 2020 has left me mentally numb, but this news just leaves me bummed.
                      Look at college football right now... there is no better season to take a mulligan. Hell the NCAA’s official stance is “this season is a mulligan.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence Shocker View Post
                        For those who need it, a reminder that the reason Gregg is fired is because of his own actions. All he had to do was not hit a player or choke a coach. He chose to do that. This is only his fault.
                        I honestly think all he had to do was to not publicly deny that it happened....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence Shocker View Post
                          For those who need it, a reminder that the reason Gregg is fired is because of his own actions. All he had to do was not hit a player or choke a coach. He chose to do that. This is only his fault.
                          ShockerFever
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            Get ready for mediocrity.
                            The last few seasons have been mediocre and the team is picked to be mediocre this year (I am an optimist, but the coaches have been accurate prognosticators)...

Get the hire right and anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If this would have happened while we were in the MVC ... i would have been WAY more concerned.
                              It might just be one of the reasons WSU made the jump to the AAC when they did.. Imagine if your the people running WSU, you're starting to hear a few things about Marshall, you really can't do anything until it becomes media circus which could explode at any moment really. If you're running WSU and actually care about the future of basketball, you switch conferences before it's too late

Comment

• People like to bag on Turg, but he was the guy that turned this program around when we were bottom dwellers in the MVC. At the time, a Sweet 16 was unimaginable. Our facilities were dog poo until the renovations, so he recruited the Jamar Howard/Randy Burns group with nothing. It was this success that attracted Marshall to our school, just as Marshall's success can parlay into another nice run with the right guy. We don't know if he was a once in a lifetime hire until we see how this plays out. Maybe 3G hit his plateau and this could be a blessing in disguise. Just trying to keep some optimism around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X