Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    Anyone know if Steve Eck is available? I heard he's a good coach.
    He's a great JUCO coach and would be a nice fit at KU or somewhere similar. Not here.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

With how quick everyone jumps on false news. It may not matter if it is 100% false (which i am sure there are some truths...just can't say how much)

Recruiting just got even harder..

Social media will be the jury and executioner.
      Read the new Stadium article. It's all true, with more quotes from many past players and coaches. Fred was even mentioned as standing up to 3Gs psychotic act at one point 3G is gone. Let Issac Brown take over for this stupid COVID basketball season and start over in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He's a great JUCO coach and would be a nice fit at KU or somewhere similar. Not here.
        I see you don't get the reference/joke. You must be new around here.

Comment

Look up. You might see his comment flying high over your head.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I'd like to hear Marshall's side of the story before I draw conclusions. And from former players other than Shaq and a handful of scorned transfers.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yep, I'm a newb alright. Never seen a Steve Eck reference before when talking about the next WSU basketball coach.

Steve Eck would be a great fit at KU when Billy moves on after his cheating penalties come forth.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Deservedly fired for political reasons.
                  That means that no potential hire who fears his or her political position may impact their hire or future employment is safe accepting the job.

I can pretty much assure you that if the next WSU Prez is someone who denies science like climate change, the prevention of spread of a virus, etc., WSU will not attract top professors in the sciences for decades.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Just a gut punch. Was really looking forward for watching basketball again. We’ll see what happens; I just feel like there is too much there for all of it to be fabricated or exaggerated. Hope I’m wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That means that no potential hire who fears his or her political position may impact their hire or future employment is safe accepting the job.

I can pretty much assure you that if the next WSU Prez is someone who denies science like climate change, the prevention of spread of a virus, etc., WSU will not attract top professors in the sciences for decades.
                      If it was the other way around, and the president was conservative and made a bunch of right-wing conservative statements and was subsequently fired, you would have no qualms.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I'd like to hear Marshall's side of the story before I draw conclusions. And from former players other than Shaq and a handful of scorned transfers.
                        According to the Stadium article (I know it's Jeff *******, but there are a lot of damning quotes in there), six former players said they witnessed Marshall punch Shaq at the 2015 practice. Those players would not be among the recent transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          Just a gut punch. Was really looking forward for watching basketball again. We’ll see what happens; I just feel like there is too much there for all of it to be fabricated or exaggerated. Hope I’m wrong though.
                          Might consider latching on to baseball. It'll be the supersport of the athletic department again soon.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

According to the Stadium article (I know it's Jeff *******, but there are a lot of damning quotes in there), six former players said they witnessed Marshall punch Shaq at the 2015 practice. Those players would not be among the recent transfers.
                            That's a good point. Well FVV even made him apologize, so he would be one of 'em.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                              Just a gut punch. Was really looking forward for watching basketball again. We’ll see what happens; I just feel like there is too much there for all of it to be fabricated or exaggerated. Hope I’m wrong though.
                              This is where I'm at. There's just too much there for it all to be lies by 26 former players and 10 assistant coaches. So very disappointing.

That said, we still have a program with players to pull for, no matter who their coach will be.

Comment

Read the new Stadium article. It's all true, with more quotes from many past players and coaches. Fred was even mentioned as standing up to 3Gs psychotic act at one point 3G is gone. Let Issac Brown take over for this stupid COVID basketball season and start over in March.
                                I read it. It doesn't sound good at all.

But it is still "just an article with mostly anonymous sources".

The Fred thing wasn't even told by Fred himself.

You still can't say for sure how much of it is 100% fact or players with an axe to grind.

And you make my point for me. That regardless of the outcome from here....he will be crucified along with WSU all over social media before the investigationis even done. Making it pretty much a lose/lose situation.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X