No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have the perfect ingredients here for this exact debacle. Psychotic nurse trying to be a psychologist for the team; media members with access to grind; a tough as nails coach who will go to war for his players; former players making cryptic comments; covid 19 just because.

I hope this all turns out to be way blown out of proportion and false.

Comment

• The more I think about it... All of the newest "shock" prices from the ******* article are from players that were here last year. Leads me to believe nearly all of that came from Erik. He has a vested interest in making the program look horrible due to his waiver. According to some on the Washington boards they submitted his waiver request later than expected. Probably wasn't wanting it looked at early so this could come out.

Comment

• Apologize if it has already been mentioned but we could be looking at a new AD too. If any of the players went to him to complain and nothing was done then he will fall too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

What is the story with this comment? Not doubting you, per se, but it seems hard to believe that any person with two brain cells wouldn’t understand the concept of college athletics. I’m just asking for clarity.
          My comment was not intended to be taken literally, but with respect to overall priorities and his apparent disregard for the athletic history of the institution he led. Would you expect the President of Wichita State would at least have researched a bit of history before meeting the head baseball coach and remarking after learning he was part of the national championship team - "That's great. So, did you do anything in baseball after graduating?". While anecdotal, there are others on this board that can confirm this story.

I simply believe Dr. Golden was in over his head at this school and is probably destined to be a great President of a small liberal arts college.
          Believe what you wish, but I believe his fate was sealed when he made the decision about commencement - the rest is just coincidental timing.
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• If a report came out that Gregg never crossed the line in his time here I’d be more surprised by that than this story. We know what we have and the players know what they have, even if a quote in The Athletic wants to deny it. Cle’s support is one of the biggest pieces of evidence in Marshall’s favor, imo. Either Marshall treated Cle with kid gloves or Cle got it just as bad as anyone else in Marshall’s career. I’d assume it’s the latter and he still says Marshall is his guy.

It’s obvious that this story is out now because of an agenda but that also means the story needs to be dealt with. I don’t think I’d be strongly opposed to any outcome.

Comment

• surprised the eagle has been crickets so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I don’t think I’d be strongly opposed to any outcome.
                This is the boat I'm in. Look, I very much appreciate what GGG has done for Wichita State and Wichita, in general. That being said, I do think his best days are behind him. Again though, that being said, even his not best is still pretty damn good. Is it $3.5mm good? I'm a free market guy, and right now- for his salary- Jans seems to be the better investment. I don't think we'd get Jans given the circumstances, but the point has been stated before--if we keep investing in our program and coach, I'm not terribly concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  The more I think about it... All of the newest "shock" prices from the ******* article are from players that were here last year. Leads me to believe nearly all of that came from Erik. He has a vested interest in making the program look horrible due to his waiver. According to some on the Washington boards they submitted his waiver request later than expected. Probably wasn't wanting it looked at early so this could come out.
                  Expanding on this:
                  Of the Named players that were treated poorly:

Shaq: Obvious but he still stayed all 5 years.
                  Poor Bear: Was one of the few that chose NOT to even try to transfer, yet was supposedly taunted racially
                  Echenique: Only here 2 years, but by all accounts had a great relationship with coach
                  Bilau: Didn't transfer
                  Udeze: Started to transfer, got high major offers yet STILL decided to come back.
                  Erik: The obvious source of this

So of all the players mentioned by name that were targets of Marshall's aggression/bad behavior were part of the small subset that actually stayed with the team. Only Erik was a named player that got taunted and left? That is extremely odd.

The punches and everything in the 2015-2016 years are inexcusable. The rest screams hit piece by Erik and his dad IMO.

Comment

• Perhaps people should wait until the investigation is complete before rushing to judgement. I have no reason to believe that the WSU will do a complete and fair investigation of these allegations.

Comment

• If you think 3G should be fired your a libtard snowflake *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        Very interesting, from fat ass Goodman’s most recent tweet just now:

”Sources: Wichita State’s internal investigation is nearing completion into Gregg Marshall.

Shaq Morris and numerous other players I spoke to said they did not speak to law firm that reached out. Some were worried that it wasn’t a “neutral” law firm that was hired by the school.”

that makes shaq and others look very suspicious. Cle and others have defended Gregg already and numerous other recent players are silent. The only 2 I have seen make any comments are shaq and Erik...
                        I can understand why he/they would be suspicious of talking to a law firm hired by WSU. It's the same principle behind "never talk to the cops".

That said, it does seem suspicious that they wouldn't just give their side of the story if they really wanted to protect the current and future players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That means that no potential hire who fears his or her political position may impact their hire or future employment is safe accepting the job.

I can pretty much assure you that if the next WSU Prez is someone who denies science like climate change, the prevention of spread of a virus, etc., WSU will not attract top professors in the sciences for decades.
                          Some people from both sides chose when they want to use or not use ‘science’. Many of the MUST NOT QUESTION SCIENCE folks also claim there are 84+ genders, Now that is Science! lmao

I tell those folks, “hello, my name is Raj. My preferred pronouns are F###/ You”

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
                            I tell those folks, “hello, my name is Raj. My preferred pronouns are F###/ You”
                            I already like you Raj.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox
                              If you think 3G should be fired your a libtard snowflake *****!
                              Perfect meme, my man.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Slightly off topic, but does anyone still follow Erik on Instagram? He's constantly promoting Forex trading and recruiting people to this Forex business. Is that allowed? When I first saw it, I found it odd especially given he's applying for a waiver and I figured the NCAA would be reviewing everything about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X