Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    Not gonna lie, it has crossed my mind that Erik's Dad help pay Shaq for him to come forward
    No chance.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• ******* spends about 35% of his podcast virtue signaling about how good a person he is which indicates he is most likely a total scumbag

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
        If this is just ******* exercising a personal vendetta, he needs ruined.
        ******* wasn't even the one to break the story originally. CJ Moore, who has written a lot of pro-WSU pieces for The Athletic that have featured some pretty exclusive access and interviews from Coach Marshall, broke it first. Doesn't add up for a guy like CJ to publish it b/c of a personal agenda.

It also seems really ironic that everyone is running with this 50k rumor with zero sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

******* wasn't even the one to break the story originally. CJ Moore, who has written a lot of pro-WSU pieces for The Athletic that have featured some pretty exclusive access and interviews from Coach Marshall, broke it first. Doesn't add up for a guy like CJ to publish it b/c of a personal agenda.

It also seems really ironic that everyone is running with this 50k rumor with zero sources.
          He might have broke it first, but make no mistake. This story is Jeff Goodman’s baby.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

This is according to *******'s podcast:

- ******* has been working on this story since last winter / spring

- due to *******'s investigation, the University began an investigation

- ******* could have ran this story in May but wanted to wait for more players to go on the record

- In the meantime, Moore was informed of the investigation by someone and began his own investigation and essentially scooped *******

- after being "scooped" he put his story out only the 2 players on record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

The Athletic would get it from clicks. Clicks=Money.

Yes. He would be made to prove what he said was true, not the other way around.
              Sure, but sports articles get, what, maybe $1/click off a unique visitor? Sounds like a bad bet to me, but what do I know?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post

- ******* could have ran this story in May but wanted to wait for players to go on the record and wanted to talk to more sources, go through legal.

- In the meantime, Moore was informed of the investigation by someone and essentially scooped *******
                In all honesty, it could have been WSU and Marshall.

Just not to give ******* the satisfaction.
                The Assman

Comment

• There are always at least two (and really three) versions of the truth......
                  1. The player's version
                  2. The coach's version
                  3. The 'actual' truth (probably somewhere in the middle).
                  I would imagine if they gave the keys to an outside entity (for the purpose of investigation) whomever is doing this will be corroborating statements with facts to determine how close to the truth 1 and 2 are.

I lack the contexting to have an informed opinion (since I don't live in Wichita nor do I have family in the area anymore), so I'm going to wait to see what, if any, report is rendered and whether someone can get their hands on it through a Freedom of Information Act request (seeing this is a state university, the final product should be available to outlets on request).

No matter what happens, I will continue to support our MBB and other sports programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

In all honesty, it could have been WSU and Marshall.

Just not to give ******* the satisfaction.
                    could be. Or maybe a bitter man in Washington State.
                    Last edited by RajFaheen; October 9, 2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      I’m just sad. This hurts, a lot. In a year where there hasn’t been much to look forward to, I was really looking forward to a break from all the insanity.
                      No doubt. No matter what you side you’re taking in this, this whole situation sucks and has the potential to undo a lot of great things that have been done at the university. I think we’re all just ready for sports to be fun again without any BS drama/politics and then this happens.

Comment

• FYI....if anything is pending or something is in the works, you will often see news station trucks/cars on campus. There are NO such vehicles in sight of Koch Arena at this time. Of course, there weren't when the President resigned either...but that one came as a total surprise out of the blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post

- ******* could have ran this story in May but wanted to wait for more players to go on the record

- In the meantime, Moore was informed of the investigation by someone and began his own investigation and essentially scooped *******

- after being "scooped" he put his story out only the 2 players on record.
                          Yeah I listened to the podcast. The point I'm trying to make is that it can't just be ******* having a personal vendetta when a guy whose backed WSU for years also investigates and reports it.

Comment

• Still crickets from our local paper
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

No chance.
                              ZERO chance.

Comment

• If this is all true....I really don't see a problem at all. You see...the article states these allegations as 4 years ago right around the time of the last election. Any bad PR that might come from this can quickly be negated simply by Coach Marshall starting to wear Joe Biden shirts around town and in national interviews. The man (coach) was distressed at the time...and all he really needs to say now is that all of this...ALL OF THIS...was Trump's fault. Boom. End of story.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X