Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

This is where I'm at. There's just too much there for it all to be lies by 26 former players and 10 assistant coaches. So very disappointing.

That said, we still have a program with players to pull for, no matter who their coach will be.
    Yup. I've seen a couple players post photos/videos from inside CKA after all this has released. I'm ready to be back in there cheering on the players no matter who is in on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
      Patty Beamer has had a vendetta to fulfill ever since Boatright told her to stay away from the players, no coincidence she knew these articles were coming out, her fingerprints are all this.

if true, shame on 3g for giving her a story to tell.

Comment

• I have heard the name patty Beamer before, but why is she important and why was she told to stay away?

Comment

• I assume we will find that the odd departure timing of WSU’s president and this issue are connected. Guesses are there was power struggle over how to handle the allegations and the president lost.

HCGM is what he is. For good and for bad. I am not sure any of this should be surprising. He always walked right up to the line - do that long enough and you will eventually cross it.

it will be hard for WSU to recover from this. I know we will want to be loyal, but our loyalty won’t help him recruit above this....

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I read it. It doesn't sound good at all.

But it is still "just an article with mostly anonymous sources".

The Fred thing wasn't even told by Fred himself.

You still can't say for sure how much of it is 100% fact or players with an axe to grind.
            I don't think that many former players and coaches, from different teams/seasons, coincidentally come together with this extreme of allegations just because they have an axe to grind.

Whether you want to believe it or not, if there are 30 some former members of the program this disturbed by GM, there's probably more truth than not.

Comment

• Where's Jim Schaus when you need him?

Comment

• Give John Beilein the same money and call it a day.

Keep him for a few years and transition the next HC in after that.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

According to the Stadium article (I know it's Jeff *******, but there are a lot of damning quotes in there), six former players said they witnessed Marshall punch Shaq at the 2015 practice. Those players would not be among the recent transfers.
                  It’s just really weird that they would decide to that now is the right time come out with this. If Shaq was really punched and attacked all these times and if the other incidents are true, this was a coverup on a massive scale. Athletic Department, coaches, staff, and even players have some culpability in this if it’s all true.

Hard fathom that a coach would be foolish enough to do all of this in a time where coaches are under even more scrutiny in the social media age. On the other hand though, there’s obviously some problems that need changed even if a lot of this is being cooked up by *******, scorned players and the crazy stalker lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Give John Beilein the same money and call it a day.

Keep him for a few years and transition the next HC in after that.
                    As long as we can keep the players here that are here and not screw their lives up with a change, definitely do it. Keep the assistants to allow for some normality for the players and coach Marshall should resign after beilein has been secured.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If it was the other way around, and the president was conservative and made a bunch of right-wing conservative statements and was subsequently fired, you would have no qualms.
                      If the WSU President's continued employment is based in any way on his political beliefs, we're screwed, unless you want WSU to be Liberty U v2. Whether it's right-wing or left-wing, canning a Prez at a public U for the apparent political leanings of his/her employer is a bad look regardless of the political affiliation of the fired Prez.

NOBODY is going to want to walk into that situation. A change in the makeup of the Regents could make any applicants political stance an issue in their continued employment.

There could be no worse time to attempt to hire a basketball coach. Marshall needs to get some counseling and face some serious financial consequences. He hasn't earned his salary since VanVleet and Baker graduated.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• can't sleep

Comment

• Nope nope nope.

Innocent until proven guilty.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BaileyBurns_9/st...79890188324864

Looks like these accusations may not be what they seem.

Trey Wade liked this tweet.

Let's not rush to judgement. The guys who transferred seemed very happy their first year. Echinique ADORES the program and ******* made him into a victim.

******* has always had it out for the program.

Often times disgruntleds have a myriad of reasons for stirring the pot. I'm not saying Shaq was or wasn't paid but I don't believe 5 years has made him want to be at the center of a national story for nothing...

******* begrudgingly admits there are guys standing up for Gregg. How could these stories be so opposite??? Someone ask Trey Wade (and his brother)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Deservedly fired for political reasons.
                              THIS is truth . . . and, we are all too close to sports to have a good perspective.
                              Dr. Golden sealed his fate MONTHS ago when he made the decision about dumping Ivanka Trump from the commencement program.
                              Within 24 hours the Koch money stream, the Frank Carney money stream and the head of the Presidential Selection committee came out publicly and said this did not represent the faith and philosophy of Wichita State and it was VERY apparent his departure would be the only potential outcome.

Dr. Golden did not even know sports exists at WSU (from one of his direct reports) and was a micro-manager that only cared what the students thought of him (who needs millions for endowment when you have that - right?)

Don't get his departure and this confused.
                              Last edited by Rixtoy1; October 9, 2020, 05:51 AM.
                              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Snowflakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X