Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    Let's be real here for a moment...

1. Having a thread regarding player abuse alligations on WSU's top message board before we know anything is for certain is beyond awkward. Where are the mods? You talk about people in other states wanting to see WSU basketball fall, well this certainly gives them something to talk about way before anything is officially out there. Not good at all.

2. This isn't is a good time for WSU basketball. We've had 2 recruiting classes in a row flee the campus now. Something has definitely been up and probably needs to be exposed/changed, the situation got a little break due to the pandemic, but c'mon guys we are paying 3G so much that you would think if a 3rd recruiting class in a row felt the need to flee the campus that WSU would look into it and something would change, but this is just not the way to let everyone know that we as fans are concerned, by spreading a rumor like this before anything is official. SMH

Which recruiting class was the second to flee ? The last time we had to replace a bunch of players is because we graduated 6 seniors.

I believe on average across all D1 schools 3 players transfer per school each year

Comment

Comment

We also need to know the trend overall in college basketball as it relates to transfers.

Comment

A couple of people on the Shocker Unfiltered facebook group are saying they've heard that a decision hasn't been made whether to run the story yet. Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

The shift started when Fred graduated and 3G’s string of really good point guards ended. Landry was a future NBA player so he was good enough to run the team but we all saw that it was not the same type of team we were accustomed to. Lots of issues arise out of not having the right pieces in place, but you gotta have a really good PG to build a team around.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              Let's be real here for a moment...
              2. This isn't is a good time for WSU basketball. We've had 2 recruiting classes in a row flee the campus now. Something has definitely been up and probably needs to be exposed/changed, the situation got a little break due to the pandemic, but c'mon guys we are paying 3G so much that you would think if a 3rd recruiting class in a row felt the need to flee the campus that WSU would look into it and something would change, but this is just not the way to let everyone know that we as fans are concerned, by spreading a rumor like this before anything is official. SMH
              Ok Let’s be real.
              You didn’t respond but your above statement concerned me so I did my own research on your charges and criticisms. I’m open to wrong doings. In fact, I believe there have been mistakes made. However, your emotional charges said that “We’ve had two recruiting classes in a row, flee campus. Something has definitely been up and probably needs to be exposed/changed. “

18-19
              Dexter Dennis. No transfer-Can be good leader
              Jamarious Burton. No transfer until 19-20 - it was a surprise
              Eric Stevenson. No transfer until 19-20 but not a surprise. Daddy Stevenson seemed early on could be a negative problem.
              Rod Brown. Transfer but not a surprise to me. Not an AAC player
              Chance Moore. Transferred 1st Semester. No surprise to me. Seemed to be a problem early.
              Ricky Torres. Transfer but no surprise to me. Not an AAC player

19-20
              Tyson Etienne. No Transfer Great leader
              Josaphat Bilau. No Transfer Redshirt
              Noah Fernandes. Transfer but no surprise to me. Great effort but not sure he is a quality AAC player
              Grant Sherfield. Transfer but no surprise to me. Early on, he seemed unhappy

My Takes
              -Biggest mistake was not enough Senior leadership or split of players in each class.
              -As the yar went on, you could see that Upper class leadership was missing
              -Only surprise transfer to me was JB.
              - Our best leaders were 1st year players (Tyson Etienne, and Wade)
              -Almost every player who left was obviously unhappy or lacked playing time.
              -I’m glad that the players who fled left.
              -I’m excited about our leaders and it seems that we have balanced leadership

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                The shift started when Fred graduated and 3G’s string of really good point guards ended. Landry was a future NBA player so he was good enough to run the team but we all saw that it was not the same type of team we were accustomed to. Lots of issues arise out of not having the right pieces in place, but you gotta have a really good PG to build a team around.
                This team was a Top 20-25 type of team. Give them some credit. They came within a shot of winning a tough American Conference that year. We didn’t have a gritty NBA point guard like Fred (who does)but Landry wasn’t a bad replacement (he’s an NBA player) even though he was really only a Sophomore. He would have been more comfortable playing off of the ball but he was our best point guard and he was a very good player. Only a ho-hum defensive team but good offensive team. We simply layed an egg in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Ok Let’s be real.
                  You didn’t respond but your above statement concerned me so I did my own research on your charges and criticisms. I’m open to wrong doings. In fact, I believe there have been mistakes made. However, your emotional charges said that “We’ve had two recruiting classes in a row, flee campus. Something has definitely been up and probably needs to be exposed/changed. “

18-19
                  Dexter Dennis. No transfer-Can be good leader
                  Jamarious Burton. No transfer until 19-20 - it was a surprise
                  Eric Stevenson. No transfer until 19-20 but not a surprise. Daddy Stevenson seemed early on could be a negative problem.
                  Rod Brown. Transfer but not a surprise to me. Not an AAC player
                  Chance Moore. Transferred 1st Semester. No surprise to me. Seemed to be a problem early.
                  Ricky Torres. Transfer but no surprise to me. Not an AAC player

19-20
                  Tyson Etienne. No Transfer Great leader
                  Josaphat Bilau. No Transfer Redshirt
                  Noah Fernandes. Transfer but no surprise to me. Great effort but not sure he is a quality AAC player
                  Grant Sherfield. Transfer but no surprise to me. Early on, he seemed unhappy

My Takes
                  -Biggest mistake was not enough Senior leadership or split of players in each class.
                  -As the yar went on, you could see that Upper class leadership was missing
                  -Only surprise transfer to me was JB.
                  - Our best leaders were 1st year players (Tyson Etienne, and Wade)
                  -Almost every player who left was obviously unhappy or lacked playing time.
                  -I’m glad that the players who fled left.
                  -I’m excited about our leaders and it seems that we have balanced leadership
                  You didn't even name all the transfers. Lol. I get it, so many names, what about that 7 foot tall great dane? He's at GCU right now
                  ​​​
                  ​​​

Comment

Well it's started.. hopefully not all of this is true.

The punches part especially over the parking spot .... That's not at all acceptable. Not sure what the corrective action is but since that was years ago it's a really bad look to come out this far after
                    Last edited by Stickboy46; October 8, 2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Marshall is a hot head, so this stuff does not really surprise me. Unacceptable and unfortunate if true.

Comment

Shaq is at the center of it. 2016 he fouled Zach Brown in practice, marshall told him to get the F out cause it was dirty, followed him and punched him between neck and shoulder

Comment

He has needed to get a grip for a while. I think we all knew that.

Makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well it's started.. hopefully not all of this is true.

The punches part especially over the parking spot .... That's not at all acceptable. Not sure what the corrective action is but since that was years ago it's a really bad look to come out this far after
                            These allegations are pretty serious and go beyond just being a tough coach.

2 sides to every story, and who knows if it truly happened this way. Perhaps it is a witch hunt. But it doesn't look good, for sure.

Will just have to wait and see what comes of it.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

He gone. And should be.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                Shaq is at the center of it. 2016 he fouled Zach Brown in practice, marshall told him to get the F out cause it was dirty, followed him and punched him between neck and shoulder
                                Pulled into parking lot to find athlete from different sport leaving his parking spot, followed, blocked him in and tried to punch him through open window.

Nothing else in article but one anonymous player saying he was mean to everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X