Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesss! Thank you for the assist WstateU

Comment

• I hope there is still a chance for a win/win outcome.
      Amen to that. 2020 has been such a divisive year. Covid, Politics. Now Shocker fans. Can't wait for this crappy year to be over.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Seems to come down to one issue for me:

- If Gregg punched Shaq that is totally unacceptable

- the allegations of choking Lindsted mean nothing to me if Lindsted himself will not verify the incident.

- the parking lot incident - meh

- Nurger's girlfriend - couldn't care less

- body shaming an out of shape player - couldn't care less

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

The AD has some explaining to do if in fact the AD knew and did nothing to heal those wounds and correct alleged poor behavior.

Didn't GGG extend a mea culpa last April concerning his on and off court behavior, as stated in this thread a few pages back? To myself that's an important angle in this absurd social media theater. A few of the new players said they welcome Marshall's coaching style, after the fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
            Seems to come down to one issue for me:

- If Gregg punched Shaq that is totally unacceptable
            That was my point earlier in the thread. Was it a balled up, put a lump on his head "Punch," or was it a mush (mug) as Cle said? Was Shaq refusing to leave the court, leading to a shove/mush about the shoulder blade region? It appears we will find out.

If it was a Hearns-like right hand why would Shaq want to stick around for 2 more years, considering he was busted in the head for doing nothing wrong, as we're being led to believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Didn't GGG extend a mea culpa last April concerning his on and off court behavior, as stated in this thread a few pages back? To myself that's an important angle in this absurd social media theater. A few of the new players said they welcome Marshall's coaching style, after the fact.

If I remember correctly, the statement was pretty generic and the could have been interpreted in different ways. Something similar to, "anytime you have this many transfers you have to re-evaluate everything" or something along those lines.

but maybe there is another statement I am not aware of.

Comment

That was my point earlier in the thread. Was it a balled up, put a lump on his head "Punch," or was a mush (mug) as Cle said? It appears we will find.

If it was a Hearns-like right hand why would Shaq want to stick around for 2 more years?
                My guess is it was due to his mother that he stuck around. Only a guess.

Comment

• This March, Stadium’s Jeff Goodman started a sixth month long investigation into Gregg Marshall after eight players entered the transfer portal.  Goodman has tracked transfers across the country for the past 20 years. Goodman most recently worked with ESPN before joining Stadium, a multi-platform sports network. He said that at one point WSU had the...

Comment

• LOL on that article. ******* is trying hard .... So much wrong and just flat out in correct. "I don't have a vendetta" ... yea sure. You might have found your 1 shiny object to get your point across, but you 10000% have a vendetta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

LOL on that article. ******* is trying hard .... So much wrong and just flat out in correct. "I don't have a vendetta" ... yea sure. You might have found your 1 shiny object to get your point across, but you 10000% have a vendetta.
                      Everyone says that you’re biased. I’m not biased at all.

“Yeah, I don’t like coaches that treat people like ****. Period.”
                      That comment alone tells me he is out to to take down Marshall.
                      Last edited by wichshock65; October 12, 2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• If ******* "talked to everybody", then where is the complete other side of the story? Lmao what a joke.

Comment

• "Players were scared to go on the record because a lot of them are fearful of what the WSU fan base and community is potentially going to say and do to them- especially if Gregg Marshall keeps his job." So GGG keeping his job is the real threat? Nah, no vendetta there at all.

Has anyone asked Shaq "How did you feel about GGG after you left the program, 2.5 years after the fact?" Was that brought up somewhere and it was maybe missed?

Comment

"Players were scared to go on the record because a lot of them are fearful of what the WSU fan base and community is potentially going to say and do to them- especially if Gregg Marshall keeps his job." So GGG keeping his job is the real threat? Nah, no vendetta there at all.

Has anyone asked Shaq "How did you feel about GGG after you left the program, 2.5 years after the fact?" Was that brought up somewhere and it was maybe missed?
                            Since it wasn't stated in the article .. I'm pretty sure the answer just didn't fit *******'s criteria to be added (ie it wasn't negative). You can't figure he didn't ask that question

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post

If I remember correctly, the statement was pretty generic and the could have been interpreted in different ways. Something similar to, "anytime you have this many transfers you have to re-evaluate everything" or something along those lines.

but maybe there is another statement I am not aware of.
                              With no context it can be called generic,yes. But since none of us know what went on behind that statement, i.e., was it discussed with the administration; did players voice their concerns to the administration; were parents consulted, or did they volunteer information? Were assistant coaches given a chance to contribute their feelings on the issue? Were educators consulted, other than the afore mentioned nursing counseler? 6 players left and that was that?

None of us know if it went beyond GGG or not. I'm just positing it did, because it would be hard to believe it didn't in rational world? No?

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

We haven't heard an entire side of the story (6 YEARS REMOVED) and basketball often requires untangling of bodies.

This is relatively minor compared to what's gone on in programs like Syracuse, who retain their coaches.
                                Syracuse fan here, enlighten me on what's gone on at programs like ours?

Comment

Working...
                                X