No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't deny the power that 3G has at Wichita State and in the entire community of Wichita. As has been alluded to before, his fingerprints are all over the conference change, the University growth, the alumni dollars coming in and of course the basketball success and revenue/national recognition. Nobody wants this gravy train to end. That said, 3G has a history of certain behaviors that certainly would not be acceptable in a corporate setting. Coaching is different than corporate America. There's yelling, cussing, shoving, player fights, name calling, etc. It gets heated on the court and in the locker room. People like Patty have no clue what it's like in that environment. Then you get to the "family" environment that is developed with teams/coaches. When you are that close to people, you say a lot of things you wouldn't say to a work colleague. How many of us have made fun of our friends or family members, mostly out of jest, but it happens. When you're that close, you say things that you might not say to someone you don't know that well. The only issue that should be under investigation here is whether he punched a student. That is crossing the line and I'm not sure how he would justify it unless it was in self defense. All the other stuff can be addressed with mandatory counseling, perhaps having a neutral observer on the staff at practices and film, etc. Also, people are dicks for parking in his space and they should get towed every time, that's what happens in the real world.

Just wanted to get my thoughts out there and say I'm sitting tight and waiting for the evidence of physical abuse before I'm ready to send him off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreigner10 View Post

Syracuse fan here, enlighten me on what's gone on at programs like ours?
      I'm sure he didn't mean to defame Syracuse. Syracuse has a historically fine, fine program and should be proud.

Comment

• Per the Sunflower article:

- when ******* states in his article he talked to 26 players and 10 coaches, and then the Sunflower author states ******* talked to 36 players, that shows one isn't very detailed oriented and sloppy in reporting when they can't even get something like that right. Others do it too - Lutz did it on his radio show last week after talking to ******* - but to me that just makes one wonder how much is wrong in the rest of the article.

- this part is pretty interesting - almost sounds like ******* is admitting he's trying to ruin someone's career:

“I just felt that this is such a big story and I’ve done stories of this nature before that you want to make sure that you’ve got it as airtight as you can,” ******* said. “You don’t want to potentially ruin somebody’s career without having as much information and talking to as many people and making sure. That’s what I did.”

Other stuff because others have asked about certain articles. You may need to right click and open in incognito or private window to read them:

Link to Wichita Eagle article from March about Marshall's response to the transfers - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241321281.html

Link to 2018 Wichita Eagle article about Morris and Marshall's relationship - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...205373009.html
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreigner10 View Post

Syracuse fan here, enlighten me on what's gone on at programs like ours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm sure he didn't mean to defame Syracuse. Syracuse has a historically fine, fine program and should be proud.
            Hahaha fine program. I'll give you points for that one. Nothing came of the situation though with false allegationss, much like you guys are hoping with Marshall (minus losing his job of course.)

Good luck.

Comment

• Where are these guys getting their information? ******* chatting up his buddies trying to get it out there more? We already know he is upset that it isn't being talked about enough. I'm telling ya, something stinks.

Comment

• Did I miss something? How'd Cuse pop up in this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                  Per the Sunflower article:

- when ******* states in his article he talked to 26 players and 10 coaches, and then the Sunflower author states ******* talked to 36 players, that shows one isn't very detailed oriented and sloppy in reporting when they can't even get something like that right. Others do it too - Lutz did it on his radio show last week after talking to ******* - but to me that just makes one wonder how much is wrong in the rest of the article.

- this part is pretty interesting - almost sounds like ******* is admitting he's trying to ruin someone's career:

“I just felt that this is such a big story and I’ve done stories of this nature before that you want to make sure that you’ve got it as airtight as you can,” ******* said. “You don’t want to potentially ruin somebody’s career without having as much information and talking to as many people and making sure. That’s what I did.”

Other stuff because others have asked about certain articles. You may need to right click and open in incognito or private window to read them:
                  Link to 2018 Wichita Eagle article about Morris and Marshall's relationship - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...205373009.html
                  This Eagle article sure doesn’t jive with Goodman’s story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    You may need to right click and open in incognito or private window to read them:

Link to Wichita Eagle article from March about Marshall's response to the transfers - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241321281.html

I could access the first link but not the second (I've used up my allotted incognito privileges).

When you have the time can you please note some of the pertinent feelings expressed in the second link please?

Comment

• Anyone else see Lootz on Twitter trying to go to bat for ******* by shaming the Eagle? LOL! HIlarious. IDK Bob, maybe they aren't sensationalizing the story because a) it's a bunch of anonymous sources and the investigation is ongoing or b) maybe they know that there is more to the story and aren't willing to base everything on *******'s hit piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This Eagle article sure doesn’t jive with Goodman’s story.
                        That's important because it is basically the nucleus of his entire -ahem- expose.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Where are these guys getting their information? ******* chatting up his buddies trying to get it out there more? We already know he is upset that it isn't being talked about enough. I'm telling ya, something stinks.

The irony of "AllFactsMedia" posting a bunch of rumors and allegations

Comment

• from the 2nd link, i found this quote interesting

"He would get kicked out of practices, he would miss road trips," WSU senior Rashard Kelly said. "It was more of Shaq just getting in the way of himself."
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Anyone else see Lootz on Twitter trying to go to bat for ******* by shaming the Eagle? LOL! HIlarious. IDK Bob, maybe they aren't sensationalizing the story because a) it's a bunch of anonymous sources and the investigation is ongoing or b) maybe they know that there is more to the story and aren't willing to base everything on *******'s hit piece.

Yeah, but, you're a Blob bob.

I'll bet they've talked more about Wichita State basketball on the drive-through in the last 2 shows than they have in the last 5 years combined. It got tiresome having to listen to the lootz's the day following a game and having to wait through their drivel for an hour to hour and a half just to get to the game and cover it for only about 5-10 minutes.

FalseEquivalent.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah, but, you're a Blob bob.

I'll bet they've talked more about Wichita State basketball on the drive-through in the last 2 shows than they have in the last 5 years combined. It got tiresome having to listen to the lootz's the day following a game and having to wait through their drivel for an hour to hour and a half just to get to the game and cover it for only about 5-10 minutes.

FalseEquivalent.jpg
                                Used to love the show, but it's really went downhill in recent months (years?). Not a lot of good, local sports talk anymore 'round here.

Comment

Working...
                                X