No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When even Sports Illustrated makes things seem worse due to lack of copy editing. What a mess
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
      When even Sports Illustrated makes things seem worse due to lack of copy editing. What a mess
      Law suit
      The Assman

Comment

When even Sports Illustrated makes things seem worse due to lack of copy editing. What a mess
        Anything for clicks, huh?

Comment

Now I need video of that!!

Comment

• Just now realized it happened the day of Shocker Madness in 2015 after Ted Lasso's Neighbor mentioned it. Robant15 and I went together and I specifically remember hanging out afterwards and saying hi to Shaq and thanking him for being a Shocker. I also asked why he didn't play. Now I have an eery feeling thinking if I'd only known the real reason.

I've remained quiet as I usually do since I typically just enjoy reading the perspectives of other Shocker fans. However, it's tough for me to read many of the comments on this thread and not feel a little upset. The disparaging comments about former Shockers are uncalled for in my opinion. Just because a player didn't pan out doesn't mean he should automatically be discredited.

I understand coming to Coach's defense as he's done amazing things for this university. However, there's a small chance in my mind he's not perfect. I haven't seen one person ask the question if he checked Shaq's mental condition at the time Shaq revealed the news about his mother earlier in the morning. Perhaps Shaq should have been offered a ride 2 hours south to spend a couple of days with family. We all like to say there are some things bigger than sports. In any case, I don't think Coach's alleged actions were appropriate regardless of the details leading up to it.

I'll continue to remember Shaq only for the time he spent on the court, especially his spectacular performance against the 7' Arizona center in the NCAAs.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
              Just now realized it happened the day of Shocker Madness in 2015 after Ted Lasso's Neighbor mentioned it. Robant15 and I went together and I specifically remember hanging out afterwards and saying hi to Shaq and thanking him for being a Shocker. I also asked why he didn't play. Now I have an eery feeling thinking if I'd only known the real reason.

I've remained quiet as I usually do since I typically just enjoy reading the perspectives of other Shocker fans. However, it's tough for me to read many of the comments on this thread and not feel a little upset. The disparaging comments about former Shockers are uncalled for in my opinion. Just because a player didn't pan out doesn't mean he should automatically be discredited.

I understand coming to Coach's defense as he's done amazing things for this university. However, there's a small chance in my mind he's not perfect. I haven't seen one person ask the question if he checked Shaq's mental condition at the time Shaq revealed the news about his mother earlier in the morning. Perhaps Shaq should have been offered a ride 2 hours south to spend a couple of days with family. We all like to say there are some things bigger than sports. In any case, I don't think Coach's alleged actions were appropriate regardless of the details leading up to it.

I'll continue to remember Shaq only for the time he spent on the court, especially his spectacular performance against the 7' Arizona center in the NCAAs.

I think I agree a lot with this take...hope things work out.

Comment

Well! Looks like Coach has a future in professional wrestling, being he's body slamming 6'8 dudes and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Now I need video of that!!
                  With JR calling it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

Well! Looks like Coach has a future in professional wrestling, being he's body slamming 6'8 dudes and all.
                    nm
                    Last edited by WstateU; October 12, 2020, 09:26 AM.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe if Gregg would have actually punched, chocked, and slammed a few players and coaches we would not have lost to the 13th seeded Marshall U.

Comment

• I'm interested to see what the letter from the players will say and who will be signed onto the letter. Part of me thinks that they're going to say the event happened, but that they don't want him to be fired. My theory is that a lot of the players didn't like playing for him because of how hard he was on them, but that they recognize how he changed their lives. I think Eric's tweet about that where he said "you have no idea what the letter will say" might indicate it might not say exactly what we expect. I think they will all confirm the stories, but they won't be as harsh on Marshall in terms of a punishment they would expect out of the stories.

With that said, the fan base has been disgusting during this whole thing. The fan base is not supporting Wichita State, but is supporting Gregg Marshall. There is NO evidence that Shaq or anyone else was paid to go on record, but it continues to be a talking point. Everyone harassing players as "not tough enough" are annoying because not wanting to be punched during practice isn't an indicator of not being "tough". You wonder why people didn't come out publicly before? Look at how the players are being treated. They cherish their relationship with the fan base, and anyone who has been outspoken has been bombarded by tweets and rumors.

Comment

• We will have to patiently wait on the report and what the players say. I think that one player said that he lost respect for him over an incident that happened. A coach can have a lot of good relationships with a lot of players and do a lot of good, and make a mistake that is can be a problem from that time forward.,

When a person observes many players seeing the good he's done with past players, you can't avoid that his style does good too. Many past players probably saw the changes in JT Durley, and they recognized the good. I remember Shaq's mother not giving him any slack and sympathy during the past. She probably realized that he hadn't grown up and he needed some tough love. Sometimes it can go over a thin line between good and bad but obviously Shaq held a grudge inside, while Durley remembers how he was and what he's accomplished after the discipline. As someone looking from the outside to the inside, Shaq against Dayton, and Kentucky and Bam in the NCAA Tournament from what he was a couple of years earlier is like seeing NIGHT changing to DAYLIGHT. He learned to play hard all of the time, and was a dominating type of inside player who maybe could have become an NBA player if accomplished earlier in the career.

I do remember Shaq being sent home and not allowed to come to the Drake game because of his practice habits but I can't remember the year (it was around New Years one time), and I remember Fred calling him out for not attending the early morning workout time. I think that it's amazing that Fred showed up early in the morning and he didn't need the workout. That shows you something about Fred.

I just think that this is less black and white than some do. Additionally, I think that players like Cle and others who have spoken out for Marshall see it as more gray than black and white. That's why they were saying it should have been kept in the locker room. When you have true leadership on a team, that is more likely to happen. Landry was a really good player but the ability to keep the team together became a huge task when he became the point guard and no Fred, Ron, and Evan were around.

Comment

• (I can't post such a great gif.. teach me!) https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnlawfulTe...restricted.gif

Worst news, new allegations and video evidence above.. I don't see how WSU basketball survives that one.

Comment

(I can't post such a great gif.. teach me!) https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnlawfulTe...restricted.gif

Worst news, new allegations and video evidence above.. I don't see how WSU basketball survives that one.
                              That's a classic....

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Players need to be encouraged to speak to the AD or a designee when alleged issues occur. No one wins when it is initiated and played out in the media years later (or at any time). The players, the coaches, the program and the fans all suffer. It’s divisive.

The AD has some explaining to do if in fact the AD knew and did nothing to heal those wounds and correct alleged poor behavior.

I hope there is still a chance for a win/win outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X