Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    It seems pretty apparent that some people here don't know the difference between eye witness testimony and hearsay.
    Yet many experts say eye witness testimony is not very reliable. Why? Because many people see the same event differently. (That is why video evidence is so important today) The only thing that makes sense to me, is if your were not present and did not have a chance to personally observe what happen, then being told about an event later from somebody else and writing an article on the matter does not make your conclusion true.

P.S. I sure hope the players give interviews to the investigators. I am not sure how they reached the conclusion that the law firm from St. Louis is not neutral. I mean we heard what their beliefs were, but what evidence do they have to support those beliefs?

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Again, there are protocols for reporting misconduct. It sounds like Rauno’s gf has a grudge. This was 6 years ago. In court it wouldn’t even reach a judge.

Theres no way Marshall was going to talk about any of Goodman’s story in his statement. That’s not how it works.
      It would 100% reach a judge. 3 eyewitness testimonies? It would likely be convicted if it was a criminal assault case.

Comment

• Unfortunately, regardless if you believe the allegations or not, this is a black eye for the program and university. Fair or not, perceptions matter to people and this looks really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Unfortunately, regardless if you believe the allegations or not, this is a black eye for the program and university. Fair or not, perceptions matter to people and this looks really bad.
          what is the best possible outcome?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Lutz , Kennedy, Sullentrop could all be shouting, "this crap ain't true!" But they are not
            Why? These guys aren't attending every practice.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

P.S. I sure hope the players give interviews to the investigators. I am not sure how they reached the conclusion that the law firm from St. Louis is not neutral. I mean we heard what their beliefs were, but what evidence do they have to support those beliefs?
              If the players either told the school about this and then the school did nothing, or assumed if they told the school about this it would get back to them and make their lives worse, I could see where they'd wonder what the point was in talking to a law firm that's hired by the school... which is essentially an extension of the school.

Now that these stories are out, I imagine a lot of the players are going to start talking as they know they won't be the only ones.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

what is the best possible outcome?
                I don’t think there is one. The damage is done. Fire him and it looks like the athletic department let a lot of stuff go on when it shouldn’t have. Keep him and players and their families are thinking twice about playing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It would 100% reach a judge. 3 eyewitness testimonies? It would likely be convicted if it was a criminal assault case.
                  So you’re saying Marshall will be brought to trial for assault?
                  in real life the “snitches” would have their stories dissected 10 ways to Sunday

Comment

• Allegations that happened 5 years ago (even if there are an eye witness) and weren’t reported, throws some possible shade on them. Did Rauno’s fiancée actually say he witnessed it or heard about it? If reported to anyone, did they do anything? Anyone with HR knowledge or law experience knows that a 6-7 year contract at $3 Million per year isn’t going down without a fight. WSU is liable until they can prove it wasn’t their fault. Large donors will have to buy out the contract unless they can prove they did everything right. Our Athletic Dept. can not afford 15-20 Million dollars. They better have the goods to make a move.

Comment

• StunningSteve would you or would you not defend marshall if he killed a guy

Comment

in real life the “snitches” would have their stories dissected 10 ways to Sunday
                        Well in court the "snitches" would be referred to as eyewitness testimony... So yea it would hold up

Comment

• Stunning Steve: Why haven't they talked until now?

Also Stunning Steve:

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
                          You can't be this dumb to answer your own stupid premise 5 minutes after you made it.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• 3 parties of people on SN:

1. No way 3G is guilty/evidence is bogus
                            2. I need to hear from more players/insufficient evidence
                            3. Fire him/evidence is damning

Comment

What's the statute of limitations for such a crime? I would think it possible to be expired. But, in this case,here we are, just getting started.
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post

What's the statute of limitations for such a crime? I would think it possible to be expired. But, in this case,here we are, just getting started.
                                I answered my own question & the basic answer I found was 3-4 years.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X