No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t seem to link this article from March of ‘18 but an interesting read in retrospect. 06A872D5-D64F-4ABF-A189-81603900B975.png

Morris late mother was quoted as saying, “I just love what Coach Marshall has done for him. He was very real with him.”

I have to imagine Shaq would have told his mom how tough HCGM was and she told him to suck it up.
    Last edited by shocktown; October 9, 2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• His mom is the only reason he wasn’t playing D2 or JUCO somewhere.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
        Can’t seem to link this article from March of ‘18 but an interesting read in retrospect. 06A872D5-D64F-4ABF-A189-81603900B975.png

Morris late mother was quoted as saying, “I just love what Coach Marshall has done for him. He was very real with him.”

I have to imagine Shaq would have told his mom how tough HCGM was and she told him to suck it up.
        Would be wild if the day she broke the news regarding her cancer, Shaq followed it up with “yeah by the way coach is going Mike Tyson on me in practice.”

In all seriousness, I’m sure Shaq told her about GM being tough on him. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he spared her some details given she was battling cancer.

Comment

• Sometimes people also start to remember past details in their lives differently, especially if people start to get on their ear.

I’ve seen it.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Sometimes people also start to remember past details in their lives differently, especially if people start to get on their ear.

I’ve seen it.
            That fish gets bigger...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Whether this crap happened or not is totally irrelevant in this day and age. I see sport writers are already charging 3G guilty.
              witness or eyewitness doesn't matter. WSU will eventually be ok. But the damage to 3G is done. WSU will fire him to save face in the eye of public opinion and 3G's life work will go down the crapper even if he's been a choir boy with the team.
              Sad state our country is in these days.
              I wish 3G would/could put a lawsuit on a couple of these reporters
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Reports are quick to jump on these college stories. See the UVA and Duke cases.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Rob Dauster's comment about "everyone knows the Koch brothers are the only reason Gregg Marshall's still in WIchita" comment always pisses me off. I hear this $hit all the time from beakers and puddy tats. Sure, the Koch's helped, but that's an insult to numerous other 'big money' individuals and families in the Wichita area.

I better...
                  That pissed me off too. Whenever they pull out the whole Koch brothers bit, you know right then and there that they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                    Can’t seem to link this article from March of ‘18 but an interesting read in retrospect. 06A872D5-D64F-4ABF-A189-81603900B975.png

I would assume some abuse victims don’t tell their parents a word.... shame is a powerful force.

Comment

• Alright, I've read through about 30 pages of this and am ready to provide some unsolicited thoughts from a non-fan before they get deleted and I'm banned.

1) He definitely did most of this. You don't get that many people on and off the record if he didn't. KU went through this with Mangino so I know the initial urge to disbelieve.
                      2) I see some on SN discounting the two types of players corroborating this without seeing the cognitive dissidence. a. The player transferred so they just couldn't cut it in a high pressure system and shouldn't be believed or b., they stayed for 1-2 more years so it must not have been that bad.
                      3) You have to be blind to not see this coming. Gregg clearly had some anger issues that were apparent at several games, what did people think was happening in practice? I played college basketball for a coach that acted very similarly to these reports. Some of this is normal and happens in 80% of programs as some have mentioned. The punching and choking have never been acceptable and the verbal abuse directed at mothers and girlfriends (not fat shaming) hasn't been acceptable for a decade. Most coaches adapted and Gregg clearly did not.
                      4) Gregg has to go. The school, department, and team are bigger than one flawed human that obviously needs some help. Only an insignificant program that needs a savior would keep him. WSU is bigger than that and should act like and I'm sure they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                        Whether this crap happened or not is totally irrelevant in this day and age. I see sport writers are already charging 3G guilty.
                        witness or eyewitness doesn't matter. WSU will eventually be ok. But the damage to 3G is done. WSU will fire him to save face in the eye of public opinion and 3G's life work will go down the crapper even if he's been a choir boy with the team.
                        Sad state our country is in these days.
                        I wish 3G would/could put a lawsuit on a couple of these reporters
                        ​​​​​​
                        Yup...

Last edited by Stickboy46; October 9, 2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Yep yep. The narrative on this has already been written and the media is going to run with it.

Comment

• I get that Gregg is the boss, but he wouldn't put up with this if the shoe were on the other foot.

Imagine if an assistant choked him....

Imagine if a student tried to punch him through his window.

How old is GM? Cause sometimes he seems to act like a 5 year old, FFS
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
                              Alright, I've read through about 30 pages of this and am ready to provide some unsolicited thoughts from a non-fan before they get deleted and I'm banned.

1) He definitely did most of this. You don't get that many people on and off the record if he didn't. KU went through this with Mangino so I know the initial urge to disbelieve.
                              2) I see some on SN discounting the two types of players corroborating this without seeing the cognitive dissidence. a. The player transferred so they just couldn't cut it in a high pressure system and shouldn't be believed or b., they stayed for 1-2 more years so it must not have been that bad.
                              3) You have to be blind to not see this coming. Gregg clearly had some anger issues that were apparent at several games, what did people think was happening in practice? I played college basketball for a coach that acted very similarly to these reports. Some of this is normal and happens in 80% of programs as some have mentioned. The punching and choking have never been acceptable and the verbal abuse directed at mothers and girlfriends (not fat shaming) hasn't been acceptable for a decade. Most coaches adapted and Gregg clearly did not.
                              4) Gregg has to go. The school, department, and team are bigger than one flawed human that obviously needs some help. Only an insignificant program that needs a savior would keep him. WSU is bigger than that and should act like and I'm sure they will.
                              Innocent till proven guilty.

By the way, Bill Self has his own problems that are very much a foregone guilty conclusion.

In the case of Gregg Marshall, many players are supporting him. I'd like to hear the other HALF of this story (there is a HUGE gap in what we really know). ******* didn't provide the other side of the story and no one can say with any certainty what's what until we hear from all sides involved.

FKU

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
                                Alright, I've read through about 30 pages of this and am ready to provide some unsolicited thoughts from a non-fan before they get deleted and I'm banned.

Is KU about to fire Self for the Adidas scandal?
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X