Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Is KU about to fire Self for the Adidas scandal?
    I think KU lucked out. This scandal broke after popular opinion shifted on paying college athletes and some states even stepped in to mandate it. He'll survive like Sean Miller and Coach K have. If it were to come out that he choked Frankcamp, who let's face it... has a very choke-able neck, he'd be fired after a 1-2 week investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      This guy is a ***** and way too gleeful, but 90% of what he says is accurate.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post

I think KU lucked out. This scandal broke after popular opinion shifted on paying college athletes and some states even stepped in to mandate it. He'll survive like Sean Miller and Coach K have. If it were to come out that he choked Frankcamp, who let's face it... has a very choke-able neck, he'd be fired after a 1-2 week investigation.
        So his past actions are untouchable, but Marshall’s aren’t?
        The Assman

Comment

Alright, I've read through about 30 pages of this and am ready to provide some unsolicited thoughts from a non-fan before they get deleted and I'm banned.

1) He definitely did most of this. You don't get that many people on and off the record if he didn't. KU went through this with Mangino so I know the initial urge to disbelieve.
          2) I see some on SN discounting the two types of players corroborating this without seeing the cognitive dissidence. a. The player transferred so they just couldn't cut it in a high pressure system and shouldn't be believed or b., they stayed for 1-2 more years so it must not have been that bad.
          3) You have to be blind to not see this coming. Gregg clearly had some anger issues that were apparent at several games, what did people think was happening in practice? I played college basketball for a coach that acted very similarly to these reports. Some of this is normal and happens in 80% of programs as some have mentioned. The punching and choking have never been acceptable and the verbal abuse directed at mothers and girlfriends (not fat shaming) hasn't been acceptable for a decade. Most coaches adapted and Gregg clearly did not.
          4) Gregg has to go. The school, department, and team are bigger than one flawed human that obviously needs some help. Only an insignificant program that needs a savior would keep him. WSU is bigger than that and should act like and I'm sure they will.

he definitely did most of this? Sound like you must have some proof.

You pansy-asses who believe everything a reporter puts in a story, even if only allegations, absolutely floor me.

I would have more respect for the school who found no guilt and stood up for the coach against "people" (edited from a more descript term) like you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup...

Who cares what self righteous reporters think?

Some of them seem to believe they themselves are holier than Christ.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Yep yep. The narrative on this has already been written and the media is going to run with it.
              Yes just like your KU friend above who only posted 1 time? You liked his post. Do you know him? Do you post on Phognet about Cheating Bill and get any likes? you probably would get kicked off.

Comment

• Until any of this is backed up in a deposition, it didn’t happen or we don’t have the whole story. You can’t just talk **** and then refuse to talk when you are called to the principals office.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

So his past actions are untouchable, but Marshall’s aren’t?
                  Yes, exactly the point. That might be because fans dislike their coaches choking or punching their players more than them directing sleazy middle men to pay their players a year before they declare for the NBA draft.

Alright, I really didn't get on here to argue or even poke so I'm out. Good luck! For the sake of the reputation of my former state and the school listed beside one of the degrees on my resume, I hope they do the right thing.
                  Last edited by yesimaKUfan; October 9, 2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Who cares what self righteous reporters think?

Some of them seem to believe they themselves are holier than Christ.
                    who cares what *another* national reporter writes? Recruits, their families, fans, etc.

You can’t just dismiss bad publicity. It’s going to affect our brand, image, and university/program reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

who cares what *another* national reporter writes? Recruits, their families, fans, etc.

You can’t just dismiss bad publicity. It’s going to affect our brand, image, and university/program reputation.
                      He called Wichita State a small time school desperate for success. He seems like he has an agenda to fulfill with jabs like that.

Maybe WSU needs to go back to the IDGAF players that rebuilt this program into a perennial winner. I doubt those players care what some snarky writer with a podcast has to say.
                      The Assman

Comment

Yes, exactly the point. That might be because fans dislike their coaches choking their players more than them having sleazy middle men pay their players a year before they declare for the NBA draft.
                        Not everyone went to the NBA one year after they got paid. I predict that da Souza never sees the NBA.

Comment

Yes, exactly the point. That might be because fans dislike their coaches choking or punching their players more than them directing sleazy middle men to pay their players a year before they declare for the NBA draft.
                          So one sin is okay and the other one isn’t? Got it.

The Assman

Comment

He called Wichita State a small time school desperate for success. He seems like he has an agenda to fulfill with jabs like that.

Maybe WSU needs to go back to the IDGAF players that rebuilt this program into a perennial winner. I doubt those players care what some snarky writer with a podcast has to say.
                            I mean that’s fair, I don’t appreciate the “small time” label either. Don’t think anyone that writes a piece about us in a negative light has an agenda, either. And brushing off this bad of publicity is not the right move.

I’m all for going back to the junkyard dog type of player, those were our best teams and players IMO. Think Clarence Jackson will be that type of dude. But yeah, make no mistake, for those parents of recruits who vet schools hard, this isn’t good for us.

Comment

I mean that’s fair, I don’t appreciate the “small time” label either. Don’t think anyone that writes a piece about us in a negative light has an agenda, either. And brushing off this bad of publicity is not the right move.

I’m all for going back to the junkyard dog type of player, those were our best teams and players IMO. Think Clarence Jackson will be that type of dude. But yeah, make no mistake, for those parents of recruits who vet schools hard, this isn’t good for us.
                              Those parents can also call Ramon, Cle, Ragland, Chadrack, and others.
                              The Assman

Comment

I think you need to take a step back and see how things develop. You’re ready to make an early move without thinking (and understanding) about ALL of the unintended consequences. This reporter very well could have an agenda against us and CGM.

Comment

Working...
                                X