• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Karen Beamer
    Got me!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I have many, many faults. Hanging out with people that are not “good guys” will never be one of those faults.

Present company included.
      I actually don't think you have faults, except for that childhood OU affection.....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

I think it was more of a bunny boiler expression he is giving
        lenny loved something so much he killed it. Things didn’t turn out so good for Lenny.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

One would have to be highly ignorant of how the world works to think a bunch of personal anecdotes one way or the other will matter one iota to the people making decisions.
          It looks like the law firm is actually inviting folks to share personal anecdotes. So it matters to somebody.

Just reading the tea leaves here, but it feels like a decision has been made and they are preparing a strategy to manage public opinion.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Kunkel isn’t cooking up something that hasn’t already been put out there. At the end of the Eagle faculty article, the email addresses of the two attorneys from the St. Louis firm were included so that anyone who felt led to do so could send a note.
            78-65

Comment

• From Patty...

Hey,
              Y’all...
              y’all
              y’all...
              Y’all...

I'm just trying to figure out why someone who grew up in Pratt, KS and has lived in Kansas most of her life says y'all all the time...?
              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                From Patty...

Hey,
                Y’all...
                y’all
                y’all...
                Y’all...

I'm just trying to figure out why someone who grew up in Pratt, KS and has lived in Kansas most of her life says y'all all the time...?
                She has appropriated southern culture.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Smarmy and sanctimonious isn’t an attractive combination. I’m steering clear of her.

Comment

• At this point who cares how the information was obtained? All that matters is what can be verified by the people involved and what the HCGM and the university chooses to do with the findings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

It looks like the law firm is actually inviting folks to share personal anecdotes. So it matters to somebody.

Just reading the tea leaves here, but it feels like a decision has been made and they are preparing a strategy to manage public opinion.
                      This makes sense.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Did the assistant coaches have to intervene? Did players dive in to separate coach from Shaq? Was coach asked to apologize because he pushed Shaq, or because he dressed Shaq down and humiliated him and sent him off for the hard foul?

If there were a ton of witnesses to whatever happened, how come nobody--including assistants--intervened? The only answer that makes sense is because it did not rise to the level of a physical confrontation. It was a humiliating dressing down.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What are your qualifications for anything? BOBB. We know you’re agenda so what credibility do you have? I can answer that, NONE. In almost any disciplinary action, personal testimony is relevant in the remedy, penalty or disciplinary phase as it goes to whether the subject is amenable to rehabilitation. I should slow it down that’s too fast for you , sorry.
                          My only agenda is that the truth be out, whatever it is. Once that's the case I can accept any or no disciplinary outcome. I don't think the Marshalls have been great representatives of the University for a while now, but that is my opinion. I think we can do better. Nothing in this report can change the past or my belief that the overall product isn't commensurate with coach's pay, none of which I am paying but in the most indirect and infinitesimal way.

Regardless of the outcome I hope both WSU and HCGM use it as a springboard to reflection, growth, and improvement.

As Rocky Mountain Shock skillfully noted, I believe the anecdotes will be a postscript to a decision not to terminate HCGM.

As far as my qualifications go they are about as concrete and verifiable as any keyboard warrior. Somewhere between extremely well qualified and a lunatic.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Did the assistant coaches have to intervene? Did players dive in to separate coach from Shaq? Was coach asked to apologize because he pushed Shaq, or because he dressed Shaq down and humiliated him and sent him off for the hard foul?

If there were a ton of witnesses to whatever happened, how come nobody--including assistants--intervened? The only answer that makes sense is because it did not rise to the level of a physical confrontation. It was a humiliating dressing down.
                            You asked if other coaches or any players intervened and then you assume they didn't. Maybe they did and are just reluctant to discuss that part in public? We know it was a big enough deal that players refused to practice until Marshall apologized for his behavior. We know FVV thought it was a big enough deal he went to other coaches to let them know the players wouldn't be practicing until they heard the apology. I also think Lindsted would have quickly denied the events if it weren't true. To me, the "no comment" says a lot.

Several teammates, including Fred VanVleet (who's now in the NBA) allegedly refused to practice the next day unless Marshall apologized, which Morris says he did.

“Shaq walks away and Marshall punches him in the back of the head,” a former player said. “I’m in disbelief. He’s done flagrant stuff, but that was probably the reason I (transferred).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

You asked if other coaches or any players intervened and then you assume they didn't. Maybe they did and are just reluctant to discuss that part in public? We know it was a big enough deal that players refused to practice until Marshall apologized for his behavior. We know FVV thought it was a big enough deal he went to other coaches to let them know the players wouldn't be practicing until they heard the apology. I also think Lindsted would have quickly denied the events if it weren't true. To me, the "no comment" says a lot.

Several teammates, including Fred VanVleet (who's now in the NBA) allegedly refused to practice the next day unless Marshall apologized, which Morris says he did.

“Shaq walks away and Marshall punches him in the back of the head,” a former player said. “I’m in disbelief. He’s done flagrant stuff, but that was probably the reason I (transferred).
                              You keep saying "We know". We do not know. What we know is that we heard these statements from a Reporter, who heard them from Shaq/other players and then translated what they actually said onto the article. We do not have direct confirmation of any of those assumptions.

Comment

• I wasn't raised in Pratt, but I use y'all quite a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X