X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

They have tweeted before:

Pack it up, boys. Case closed!
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

They have tweeted before:

Interesting article about her in the Sunflower from last year - https://thesunflower.com/37339/sport...l-see-clearly/ - if you don't know who she is the article covers a lot of her and they ever call her a "crazed Shocker basketball fan" in the headline.

FYI - in 2016 she ran for the KS House (District 85 - https://www.ksn.com/news/patty-beame...e-district-85/). The Wichita Eagle endorsed her (https://www.kansas.com/opinion/edito...113035768.html) but she lost (https://ballotpedia.org/Patty_Beamer - received a little over 1/3 of the votes cast).
      I think the question should have been did ANYONE pay Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I think the question should have been did ANYONE pay Shaq.
        Well, that would be too revealing
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

I still disagree with this premise - it is pretty clear to me from the very public reaction from big donors in the wake of the Ivanka Trump commencement cancellation that this president ended his own career at Wichita State..
          The rest is just a bit of collateral damage for him waiting for the inevitable to happen.
          Could be - but that means the "investigation" was Golden parting gift to the "big donors". I bet he chuckling at that each pay day.

Comment

• The more this goes on the more comfortable I am with Gregg remaining as our head coach.

Comment

• sooooo....NOT Patty Beamer the doctor......

Comment

• If the investigation finds that Marshall punched Shaq, choked Linsted, and tried to fight a random student athlete over a parking spot, or any combination of the three, are people willing to keep him as the head coach? If yes, what benefit does the program have keeping him around? How can he win recruiting battles?

Personally, if the investigation finds this all happened, or even one of the three happened, he should be fired. I'm concerned that keeping him around will set the team back more than firing him will. Every coach that WSU is recruiting against will use this story against the program as long as Marshall is the coach. I get that so many fans want to call kids "soft" now, but how does WSU overcome this story? Not really asking for the sake of argument, but just trying to understand the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  sooooo....NOT Patty Beamer the doctor......
                  She wishes...

Comment

• What Patty just posted on her 'Shockers just for fun' facebook group page.....

Patty Beamer

Admin
                    · ·
                    Hey, for anyone on Shockers Unfiltered, please post this for me.....
                    I am not a huge donor to the university. Y’all think I have THAT much power at WSU to be a whistle blower?
                    You are right, I was called into the ADs office. I was close to the players as are many fans (a former player is currently staying at the house of a donor). An article was written about me in the Sunflower where two players were quoted regarding me in a positive way.
                    Sharon Berry and Joe Stroud and I have had numerous conversations about players and their lives.
                    I am not on Shockers Unfiltered to speak for myself, but I see all of you posting small talk, making fun of my looks...shame on you!
                    As far as Teddy Allen...y’all know nothing about him.
                    So, y’all bark at me for spreading rumors and yet there you are.
                    What has happened to us?
                    If you have the balls: send your messages to me In a PM. Otherwise, you don’t know what happened to me at WSU, why I left, my personal life or what I discuss with players. None of you! Stop spreading rumors.
                    Y’all are so funny...think you know me....just stop hiding in another page. Say **** to my face (PM) or STFU about me, Joe and Sharon...SMDH

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                      What Patty just posted on her 'Shockers just for fun' facebook group page.....

Patty Beamer

Admin
                      · ·
                      I am not a huge donor to the university. Y’all think I have THAT much power at WSU to be a whistle blower?
                      You are right, I was called into the ADs office. I was close to the players as are many fans (a former player is currently staying at the house of a donor). An article was written about me in the Sunflower where two players were quoted regarding me in a positive way.
                      Sharon Berry and Joe Stroud and I have had numerous conversations about players and their lives.
                      I am not on Shockers Unfiltered to speak for myself, but I see all of you posting small talk, making fun of my looks...shame on you!
                      What has happened to us?
                      If you have the balls: send your messages to me In a PM. Otherwise, you don’t know what happened to me at WSU, why I left, my personal life or what I discuss with players. None of you! Stop spreading rumors.
                      Y’all are so funny...think you know me....just stop hiding in another page. Say **** to my face (PM) or STFU about me, Joe and Sharon...SMDH
                      Seems completely normal and stable to me.

Comment

• Seems Chernobyl-level toxic to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Seems Chernobyl-level toxic to me.
                          IDK. Dosimeter reads 3.6. Not great, not terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                            What Patty just posted on her 'Shockers just for fun' facebook group page.....

Patty Beamer

Admin
                            · ·
                            What has happened to us?
                            So what if they say it to her face, what is she going to do? .... dare i say... throw a punch?

Comment

• Deadspin has an article out this afternoon where they try to make the whole thing racial and say that if Marshall was black he'd been fired by now. However, they can't even get things straight from the start as the writer is in the 'Marshall body slammed a player' group of misinformation:

"Marshall is alleged to have punched a player, body-slammed another, and made fun of a third athlete’s Native American heritage."
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Karen Beamer
                                Karen Boomer
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X