No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel culture at its finest. I hope Coach and his family are doing alright during all this.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• And the wussification of American sports; my high school football and basketball coaches make 3G look like a choir director. Witch Hunt. The buzzards really hate it when we do well. So do the SINOs on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

I highly doubt a bunch of emails from boosters and fans, who see the polite political side of Gregg, will do literally any good against the testimonials of 30+ assistants and players who deal with Gregg the Psycho every day in practice.

But go ahead and send that email about that one time he shook your hand and said hi to you, and be sure to note how good that made you feel. I'm sure that'll cancel out the anecdote about him punching Shaq in the head or attempting to strangle an assistant.
        There have been a number of players who have defended GM, including present players, saying that they didn’t see any of that. Racism, abuse,etc. was dismissed. Players from 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2019, etc. You are so biased, you wouldn’t see the truth if it hit you in the back of the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          Well, I've got a subscription to the Athletic (well worth it) and after reading the article, I'm feeling more despondent. I don't want to believe it, but some of it HAS to be true. There's just too much of it. I'll always root for the team, but it's hard to root for a coach that does a better Bobby Knight than Bobby Knight.
          Stay in Oregon then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There have been a number of players who have defended GM, including present players, saying that they didn’t see any of that. Racism, abuse,etc. was dismissed. Players from 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2019, etc. You are so biased, you wouldn’t see the truth if it hit you in the back of the head.
            It can be true that players had good experiences with Marshall, and also that he punched a player and said some pretty messed up stuff.

Comment

• So it takes 15 - 20 years for this BS to come out ?? Isn't one of our current assistants a Winthrop grad ??

It seems that the word racist is used to attempt to ruin peoples lives - whether true or not. I have a real hard time believing that 3G is a racist.

There is no doubt that HCGM is an intense competitor. There is no doubt that he can coach his arse off. There is also no doubt that he loves WSU and has shown his loyalty over the years. I've never had any interaction with the man other than a smile and wave at some of the SMS games. I'm quite sure that he pushes his players to the brink mentally and physically in an effort to bring the best out in them.

I'm pretty pissed at Shaq - Eric - Patty and a few others right now. And disappointed in quite a few others.

Shaq would have been a fat - lazy end of the bench or D2 player without 3G riding his arse

Eric and his dad are both punks.

Patty ..........

I am old enough to have ridden the WSU roller coaster with all of it's ups and downs over the past 50 years. Gregg Marshall has given us a heck of a ride. I hope it's not over. Either way - Thank You Gregg Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

It can be true that players had good experiences with Marshall, and also that he punched a player and said some pretty messed up stuff.
                And it could not be true. These alleged complaints happened 5 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

So it takes 15 - 20 years for this BS to come out ?? Isn't one of our current assistants a Winthrop grad ??

It seems that the word racist is used to attempt to ruin peoples lives - whether true or not. I have a real hard time believing that 3G is a racist.

There is no doubt that HCGM is an intense competitor. There is no doubt that he can coach his arse off. There is also no doubt that he loves WSU and has shown his loyalty over the years. I've never had any interaction with the man other than a smile and wave at some of the SMS games. I'm quite sure that he pushes his players to the brink mentally and physically in an effort to bring the best out in them.

I'm pretty pissed at Shaq - Eric - Patty and a few others right now. And disappointed in quite a few others.

Shaq would have been a fat - lazy end of the bench or D2 player without 3G riding his arse

Eric and his dad are both punks.

Patty ..........

I am old enough to have ridden the WSU roller coaster with all of it's ups and downs over the past 50 years. Gregg Marshall has given us a heck of a ride. I hope it's not over. Either way - Thank You Gregg Marshall.
                  This

Comment

Nobody has said, "I was there, and it did not happen."

Comment

• The trolls from Lawrence are ruining this forum. Must be a diversion while the cash in envelopes gets delivered to the roster.

Comment

And it could not be true. These alleged complaints happened 5 years ago.
                        And haven't been denied by anyone but the person that has millions of dollars to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Nobody has said, "I was there, and it did not happen."
                          Anonymous players and transfers. You can believe in what a few say. But 5 years ago still stinks of get back. I respect the named players who said, that locker room speak out time is important. And who has come out?

Comment

• I killed a guy many years ago, but was forgiven and my employer understood it was a past mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              I killed a guy many years ago, but was forgiven and my employer understood it was a past mistake.
                              Sure, why not. Let's go ahead and take it to Marshall is a murderer. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                And the wussification of American sports; my high school football and basketball coaches make 3G look like a choir director. Witch Hunt. The buzzards really hate it when we do well. So do the SINOs on this board.
                                I'm confused by your message; do you believe it happened but it's not bad or is it a Witch Hunt, implying he's innocent? I, too, believe verbal abuse is bad but almost expected in my day. However, having 8 children, there better not EVER be a hand laid on them by a coach. I've always said that Bobby Knight was one of the brightest basketball minds out there but my sons would never play for him. I don't want my coach to act like Knight, and I'm afraid that's what we've got. If you're a great coach, you should be able to find a different way to motivate kids than anger, intimidation, insults, etc. And NEVER physical violence. It's not how I motivated my kids.

Let's see what the investigation shows, but I'm still concerned that there's too much out there for me to feel comfortable that EVERYONE'S lying about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X