No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Athletic article .. this time talking to players at Winthrop ...

Last edited by Stickboy46; October 20, 2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

You asked if other coaches or any players intervened and then you assume they didn't.
      I probably didn't articulate well, but I am not assuming they didn't. I was continuing the thought "if they didn't", not ruling it out. If they had to intervene, then it probably rose to the level of crossing the line, and I would expect an assistant coach to state that in the investigation.

No comment doesn't bother me at all, considering there is an investigation.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I wasn't raised in Pratt, but I use y'all quite a bit
        Yes, but you can frequently be near a tractor. You've got street cred. Urrr, wheat cred. Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You keep saying "We know". We do not know. What we know is that we heard these statements from a Reporter, who heard them from Shaq/other players and then translated what they actually said onto the article. We do not have direct confirmation of any of those assumptions.
          Fair enough. I did assume when former players were quoted that those are the actual words they said otherwise I think they would go on record disputing the quotes that were attributed to them.

Comment

• It’s pretty obvious that the media has their minds made up that they are judge, jury and executioner and they aren’t going to stop digging until Marshall is gone. The most recent article on The Athletic is proof of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
              It’s pretty obvious that the media has their minds made up that they are judge, jury and executioner and they aren’t going to stop digging until Marshall is gone. The most recent article on The Athletic is proof of that.

https://theathletic.com/2149903/2020...shared_article
              The program damage is already done at this point IMO. I think if WSU keeps him, we will keep hearing a stream of these stories that would never have seen the light of day normally. They are literally digging up 20 year old stuff now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

Fair enough. I did assume when former players were quoted that those are the actual words they said otherwise I think they would go on record disputing the quotes that were attributed to them.
                The problem is they were all anonymous, so they could easily assume it was a different player that said the quote, and not themselves being misquoted.

Comment

• Some can use the "heat of the moment " thing with Shaq, but running from one end of the court to the other end so that you can choke Lindstead is borderline in****ingsane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I probably didn't articulate well, but I am not assuming they didn't. I was continuing the thought "if they didn't", not ruling it out. If they had to intervene, then it probably rose to the level of crossing the line, and I would expect an assistant coach to state that in the investigation.

No comment doesn't bother me at all, considering there is an investigation.
                    I may have just read it different than most people too. Thanks for clarifying.

I understand the investigation piece, but if someone said my old boss choked me, and my old boss didn't choke me, I would state that never occurred, knowing that multiple people witnessed those events and would also answer that it never occurred. It is just strange to me that everyone seems to know about the choking event. If it didn't happen wouldn't everyone, including Lindsted, be saying WTH are you even talking about? I don't know, maybe I am being influenced by all the smoke and thinking there must be a fire.
                    Last edited by shockfan89_; October 20, 2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

The program damage is already done at this point IMO. I think if WSU keeps him, we will keep hearing a stream of these stories that would never have seen the light of day normally. They are literally digging up 20 year old stuff now.
                      The model is out there. If WSU keeps Marshall, then they will ramp up another wave of allegations.

if u look out on Twitter, it is like there are Twitter bots retweetijng the stories. They all use the exact same language when the retweet. Almost like a coordinated effort.

Comment

Yep, I agree. They will keep digging and more stuff will come out. I’m just ready for a decision to be made one way or the other. I know WSU is looking for a clear cut “fire with cause” issue, but even with testimony from former players there is no definitive proof unless it’s on tape so it’s all going to come down to he said she said. Without a clear cut “fire with cause” this will cost WSU a very large sum of cash that I’m not sure the university is in a position where they can afford it. Even with a “fire with cause” it’s not going to be cheap to move on from Marshall. What a damn mess.

Comment

• Someone already posted a link.

Comment

• Shel Bailey from Winthrop, eh? Why did I just know that he’d be part of that article?

You know what? Screw him! I had interaction with him this summer and wasn’t impressed.
                            78-65

Comment

• one of the winthrop players is mad because Marshall essentially called them *******? the "ok" sign and the name Gash, which was a reference to a woman's vagina? I mean come on, really? If that is what the Atlantic article is about, its a non-story. Does anyone else have the full article?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                                one of the winthrop players is mad because Marshall essentially called them *******? the "ok" sign and the name Gash, which was a reference to a woman's vagina? I mean come on, really? If that is what the Atlantic article is about, its a non-story. Does anyone else have the full article?
                                download the app and you get a couple free articles. Can't post paywalled articles.

There is definitely some borderline or unacceptable stuff in there. Definitely not anything that helps his case. At some point having 9000 "non-story" examples makes it a story unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X