X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post
    I'm usually in full on delusional mode this time of year thinking we'll be 40-0, national champs, etc. but I get why they picked us 7th this year. We're still better off than we were during McDuffie's senior season and I think they're overestimating what we lost.

A crapload of new faces once again will make it tough, but Gilbert, Etienne, Dennis, Wade is a great foundation to go into the season with. Really surprising that none of them were on the pre-season conference teams. Just what the doctor ordered to get these guys full of piss and vinegar just in case they weren't already.
    That's the part that gives me hope. Our starting group is one of the best in the conference .. truly believe that. It really comes down to how much depth we have/need with that group.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Hopefully we have a big effective chip on our shoulders.

Definitely missing the non-stop NCAA Tournament world we used to live in.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    I'm usually in full on delusional mode this time of year thinking we'll be 40-0, national champs, etc. but I get why they picked us 7th this year. We're still better off than we were during McDuffie's senior season and I think they're overestimating what we lost.

A crapload of new faces once again will make it tough, but Gilbert, Etienne, Dennis, Wade is a great foundation to go into the season with. Really surprising that none of them were on the pre-season conference teams. Just what the doctor ordered to get these guys full of piss and vinegar just in case they weren't already.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    With everything going on and then adding this to the equation, I’m not sure the chip on the shoulders could get any bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Bunch? No.
    Piece? No.
    Clog? No.
    Shoe? No.

CROC!!!! Yes!!

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

OF

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Ah, back to being the underdogs where we belong!

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

7th is not accurate if 3G is our coach. No way.
    I'd argue it's not accurate even if Isaac Brown is interim coaching ...

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

SMU i'll let slide being above WSU because they are talented .. but Jank is still there.

Tulsa and USF? Tulsa has to play a full round robin this year so they wont get the benefit of an easy schedule. USF hasn't shown they can keep it together for a full year. Feels like a 2 spot penalty due to the 3G situation.

As far as the first/second team? I'll be SHOCKED if one of Dexter, Etienne or Gilbert is not on a post-season team this year.
    7th is not accurate if 3G is our coach. No way.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

SMU i'll let slide being above WSU because they are talented .. but Jank is still there.

Tulsa and USF? Tulsa has to play a full round robin this year so they wont get the benefit of an easy schedule. USF hasn't shown they can keep it together for a full year. Feels like a 2 spot penalty due to the 3G situation.

As far as the first/second team? I'll be SHOCKED if one of Dexter, Etienne or Gilbert is not on a post-season team this year.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not that anyone here gives a hairy rats a$$, but I believe AFH will limit attendance to 1500.
    Rumor has it the 'refs' will still be on the 'take'.
    Huh. I didn’t figure bill for a top.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by shocktown View Post
    Picked seats this morning, sec 123, row 32. Not quite as good as my sec 124 row 6 but, oh well. I was told capacity this year is 3,500.
    Not that anyone here gives a hairy rats a$$, but I believe AFH will limit attendance to 1500.
    Rumor has it the 'refs' will still be on the 'take'.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by shocktown View Post
    Picked seats this morning, sec 123, row 32. Not quite as good as my sec 124 row 6 but, oh well. I was told capacity this year is 3,500.
    Eddie Plopa territory.

Bring it back Eddie, bring it back.

Leave a comment:

• shocktown
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X