X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No, I would not. If he or his Dad really wanted to sign with WSU they could easily have contacted IB or LG and asked them if they are still interested and, if so, please send over a LOI. And we don't know what messages Sterling and his Dad had sent to WSU. They may conveyed in one way or another that he would not be signing with WSU if 3G was not going to be the head coach. 3G resigned on the 17th, Chapman signed his LOI on the 18th (the last day of the early signing period. In any case, as you point out, WSU did not have a permanent Head Coach under contract upon 3G's resignation.

Although if I was a very sought after player I would consider waiting until the spring signing period and see where the chips fall and what other opportunities might open up. Now whether or not I would have the patience and confidence to do that as a 17 or 18 year old kid maybe not.
    True. If he wasn't happy with the HCGM situation and coach not being at WSU, he could wait to sign in the spring when a) the WSU coaching situation might be figured out and / or b) his recruitment picks up and he has more choices.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Quotables: Isaac Brown Preseason

https://goshockers.com/news/2020/11/...preseason.aspx

So far I like everything I am hearing from Coach Brown. However, will have to see how his approach and leadership translates onto the court. I am really, really pulling for Coach Brown to do well.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Would you sign with a school that didn't have a full Head Coach under contract for the year you would be arriving?
    No, I would not. If he or his Dad really wanted to sign with WSU they could easily have contacted IB or LG and asked them if they are still interested and, if so, please send over a LOI. And we don't know what messages Sterling and his Dad had sent to WSU. They may conveyed in one way or another that he would not be signing with WSU if 3G was not going to be the head coach. 3G resigned on the 17th, Chapman signed his LOI on the 18th (the last day of the early signing period. In any case, as you point out, WSU did not have a permanent Head Coach under contract upon 3G's resignation.

Although if I was a very sought after player I would consider waiting until the spring signing period and see where the chips fall and what other opportunities might open up. Now whether or not I would have the patience and confidence to do that as a 17 or 18 year old kid maybe not.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied

Actually, he waited until the final day of the early signing period. However, he could have waited until the Spring signing period but obviously he did not want to do that.
    Ah, fair point.

I guess I didn’t realize it was the last day.

My bad.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Bingo.

I know he’s a WSU fan and he wanted to play for Marshall, but if he was hell bent on WSU, he’d have waited a few days for the dust to settle.
    Actually, he waited until the final day of the early signing period. However, he could have waited until the Spring signing period but obviously he did not want to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Would he have signed it if it had been sent?
    Would you sign with a school that didn't have a full Head Coach under contract for the year you would be arriving?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied

Bingo.

I know he’s a WSU fan and he wanted to play for Marshall, but if he was hell bent on WSU, he’d have waited a few days for the dust to settle.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    NM

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nothing yet but it was mentioned in the article yesterday

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Paywall. Can someone give me a summary?
    Coach Brown saying all the right things. Says he has been focusing on his players and on the team more than on the situation he finds himself in. While he is the head coach he has told the players he wants this to be their team and wants them to be the leaders of the team.

While picked 7th out of the 11 AAC teams internally the Shockers believe they are capable of competing for an NCAA berth. The biggest challenge will be replacing Jaime Echenique at the 5 with Udeze, Poor Bear-Chandler and Bilau. Coach Brown thinks they can handle it but they need to stay out of foul trouble.

Sounds like Clarence Jackson has been the biggest positive surprise among the newcomers.

I think it is a positive that none of the players have asked to transfer or have opted out of the season due to Covid-19. Of course, what kind of a season we end up with is still up in the air.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Was there any mention of the report from the Chapman's that WSU never sent him an LOI to sign? I'd be curious as to what happened there and/or if that really did happen. Not that Sterling would have signed it, just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Was there any mention of the report from the Chapman's that WSU never sent him an LOI to sign? I'd be curious as to what happened there and/or if that really did happen. Not that Sterling would have signed it, just curious.

Nothing yet but it was mentioned in the article yesterday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X