Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    replied
    My guess is that any senior that has the ability to play pro ball takes it. Not many seniors wanna stay another year unless they’re just seeing the court for the first time and want another year to be a bigger contributor and/or work on an advanced degree with a scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Holy sheets- now that I am looking over it, it reads that ALL athletes are granted an additional year of eligibility. I was assuming SR only, but the NCAA is basically creating a mulligan season.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Assuming that Gilbert and Trey Wade both decided to take another year and assuming everyone else returns (not likely, but if they did), then what happens to Chapman, our local recruit?

Of course, all this could be moot if we end up having to get another coach.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    Can someone please verify that.

I''m not doubting anyone at all, but as much as I follow Shocker hoops I think I would have heard that information before just 15 minutes ago. Why didn't Taylor say this season "and next?"
    It is true.

NCAA Division I athletes who participate in winter sports will be given another year of eligibility, and football teams will be allowed to compete in bowl games regardless of record in one-time rule changes passed Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Correct. He could choose to forego it and begin his (likely) overseas professional basketball career. Same with Trey Wade.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    So he's going to get an extra year at WSU's expense for a scholarship, eh? Good.
    WSU will offer it. He's not required to take it.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    So he's going to get an extra year at WSU's expense for a scholarship, eh? Good.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    it's been discussed

Leave a comment:

• lostshocker
    replied

I don't need to do that unless it mentions A. Gilbert.

I've followed this board for many years and haven't missed too much other than when I get a little rambunctious over on the political board ; D

His eligibility, for 2 years, has been a topic on this board? I must of missed it, gladly. Can someone, anyone, please verify with a link that we have Gilbert for 2 years?
    Look up 1 post.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    Uhhh...

Edit: just google NCAA winter sports eligibility.
    I don't need to do that unless it mentions A. Gilbert.

I've followed this board for many years and haven't missed too much other than when I get a little rambunctious over on the political board ; D

His eligibility, for 2 years, has been a topic on this board? I must of missed it, gladly. Can someone, anyone, please verify with a link that we have Gilbert for 2 years?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

I''m not doubting anyone at all, but as much as I follow Shocker hoops I think I would have heard that information before just 15 minutes ago. Why didn't Taylor say this season "and next?"

He didn't put "and next" because no guarantee Gilbert will stay for next year (or Wade)

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

And we got this kid for two years if he wants to stay. Damn.
    SCHWING!

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied

I''m not doubting anyone at all, but as much as I follow Shocker hoops I think I would have heard that information before just 15 minutes ago.
    Uhhh...

Edit: just google NCAA winter sports eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied

Are you talking about Gilbert? I thought he was a senior eligible transfer. 1 year only? I sure hope I'm wrong.
    NCAA has granted an additional year of eligibility to winter sports athletes, just as they did for spring sport athletes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X