X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Just checkin' in on the basketball side of things...

The squad in that photo looks like they'd challenge for the top 5 spots in the Valley.

Maybe Kellen gets a walkon spot this year?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Battle for Mount Rushmore!

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What does that even mean?
    They offered this because the ACC is considering getting rid of their non-conference slate and just playing a conference round robin. This could have an impact on their conference tournament selections come March if other conference are playing non-conference games (especially against other major conferences) in at least seeding but maybe selection depending on how much the "eye test" is weighted.

No way this is workable. It would increase the likelihood of covid disruptions. Logistically would be a nightmare and to costly.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    I'm more upset that this upcoming season we possibly had a chance to finally play Doke...and well...that got all jacked-up.

Leave a comment:

• ArtVandalay
    replied
    Don't know where to put this, but everybody getting waivers.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

It would have to be the college basketball equivalent of the US Open Cup in soccer.
    Which I would love, I just don't know how possible it would be in a CV-19 world....although I won't be surprised to see it go away around the first week of November. And check your PM later tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What does that even mean? Instead of a first 4, you'd have to play 94 games (188 teams) to get to 256 for a true bracket. Anything more than that and you're just splitting hairs about conference tournaments that are basically elimination games already.

162 teams would get a one round bye. Then it would go 256, 128, 64, 32, Sweet16, Elite 8 and Final 4. Two extra games for the top 162, potentially 3 extra games for the Cinderella to beat all Cinderellas.

Which is fine, except how do you do that, logistically, in 2021? Travel restrictions etc. Sounds like a huge nightmare that would almost certainly fall apart, to me at least. Even if you impose some baseball thinking and get regional, Tulane v ORU and Kstate v Texas State at where? You'd need almost 50 destinations, or play them at home arenas which would make more sense but then doesn't that defeat the premise of a real tournament if you have to play a road game to get into the main draw of 256? I mean, I'm glad we're talking about it...…...
    It would have to be the college basketball equivalent of the US Open Cup in soccer.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Yes.

Taking into account conference tournament play, every team does participate in the Big Dance. An 11-19 can keep on winning all the way to the Final Four.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    My guess is that they would do some sort of conference tournament thing that would narrow down the field substantially.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    What does that even mean? Instead of a first 4, you'd have to play 94 games (188 teams) to get to 256 for a true bracket. Anything more than that and you're just splitting hairs about conference tournaments that are basically elimination games already.

162 teams would get a one round bye. Then it would go 256, 128, 64, 32, Sweet16, Elite 8 and Final 4. Two extra games for the top 162, potentially 3 extra games for the Cinderella to beat all Cinderellas.

Which is fine, except how do you do that, logistically, in 2021? Travel restrictions etc. Sounds like a huge nightmare that would almost certainly fall apart, to me at least. Even if you impose some baseball thinking and get regional, Tulane v ORU and Kstate v Texas State at where? You'd need almost 50 destinations, or play them at home arenas which would make more sense but then doesn't that defeat the premise of a real tournament if you have to play a road game to get into the main draw of 256? I mean, I'm glad we're talking about it...…...

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Battle for Atlantis likely getting moved from the Bahamas .... to South Dakota. Glad I wasn't able to attend this year anyways.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Ticket info, a little general info, can be found here.

https://goshockers.com/sports/2020/6...-fan-page.aspx

Doesn't appear many of us will get to go to the games.

This may be the best news we hear for awhile.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; September 8, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X