X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I feel like we have been at our best with 3 serviceable but not amazing posts. Seems like when one is way better than the others we struggle more.
    It certainly gives 10 more fouls to give without totally giving away the advantage. If one is slightly better than the other two, I might consider using him as number 2 so he could more easily dominate the opponent’s second string

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Exactly one year ago we were all preparing for our exhibition game vs. Northeastern State. Oh, what happens in the course of a year!

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post

Yes sir, it was! Hopefully our Jobu can bring us some good luck too but hopefully the guys don’t have a life size cutout of ADDB where they take off a piece of clothing after each victory though!
    She was smokin.....

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

What a great movie...

Yes sir, it was! Hopefully our Jobu can bring us some good luck too but hopefully the guys don’t have a life size cutout of ADDB where they take off a piece of clothing after each victory though!

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post

I'm hoping that too, it's going to be crucial for those guys to have made a big leap from last season. If Jobu can come in and be an impact immediately, that would really turn that 7th place prediction on it's head.

What a great movie...

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I don't think Udeze can do what Shaq did but I do think he can do what Carl Hall did, which is be a beast on the boards and make everything 3 feet in. If he can get his range out to 8-10' on occasion, it's icing on the cake. As for IPBC, I think he can be a good compliment and adds a little more athleticism to the post. Nobody is talking about the french kid either.
    I feel like we have been at our best with 3 serviceable but not amazing posts. Seems like when one is way better than the others we struggle more.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I don't think Udeze can do what Shaq did but I do think he can do what Carl Hall did, which is be a beast on the boards and make everything 3 feet in. If he can get his range out to 8-10' on occasion, it's icing on the cake. As for IPBC, I think he can be a good compliment and adds a little more athleticism to the post. Nobody is talking about the french kid either.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    I'm hoping that Udeze and Poor Bear make a decent leap to upper class status and are now self-motivated enough to clean the glass and need no extra motivation to do so, like Shaq did back in the day.

I'm hoping that too, it's going to be crucial for those guys to have made a big leap from last season. If Jobu can come in and be an impact immediately, that would really turn that 7th place prediction on it's head.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Our 3 new guards appear to be more than capable. Throw in Tyson and you have a pretty decent guard rotation, and that's what D1 basketball is all about.

I'm hoping that Udeze and Poor Bear make a decent leap to upper class status and are now self-motivated enough to clean the glass and need no extra motivation to do so, like Shaq did back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    This will make a hell of a movie. Hit piece, exaggerated claims, huge chip, national championship. Just think of it, last scene shows locker room celebration with 3G and then cuts to ******* strung out in a dark alley with a crack pipe. Glorious!

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    I believe they underestimated the value of the departure of ES. That should be a gain equal to a 4 star recruit coming in. Chemistry and the attitude is everything. Departure of ES will fix those issues.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Hopefully we have a big effective chip on our shoulders.

Definitely missing the non-stop NCAA Tournament world we used to live in.
    Too bad we aren’t in the Valley anymore, amirite?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Also .. I'm interested to see if Vogt lives up to the hype this year. I wasn't real impressed with him last year. Seemed like most of his attempts were 1000% created by Cumberland drawing multiple defenders on the pick and roll. I never really saw him creating his shot that much. I don't see him as an all-conference player

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the part that gives me hope. Our starting group is one of the best in the conference .. truly believe that. It really comes down to how much depth we have/need with that group.
    Yep, that's the wildcard for sure and will determine if we end up 7th or towards the top of the pack. I bet the rotation will be a tad smaller this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X