No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if this has been posted already, but here are the NCAA guidelines for basketball - http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-in...ons-basketball This part reminds of how the NBA did things during the bubble games - it'll be easier to figure out the new players if they have assigned seating :)

'Team benches. If spacing allows, recommend using multiple rows of seats (with appropriate distance between each seat). Seats should be assigned to specific players and coaches.'
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Don't know if this has been posted already, but here are the NCAA guidelines for basketball - http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-in...ons-basketball This part reminds of how the NBA did things during the bubble games - it'll be easier to figure out the new players if they have assigned seating :)

'Team benches. If spacing allows, recommend using multiple rows of seats (with appropriate distance between each seat). Seats should be assigned to specific players and coaches.'
      I was going through the NCAA guidelines again and found this interesting:

"On-Court Operations: 3. Consider eliminating or reducing the time allotted for any halftime and/or timeout promotions to allow the court to be cleaned."

I imagine some people are pretty happy with that one :) Would be interesting to see if WSU does it though or needs the money and carries on like in the past. If so, and it kills any momentum, then maybe the person doing the following can keep the crowd noise levels up:

"Rules, policies, and protocols: 5. Crowd noise piped into the facility (even during live play) would need to comply with decibel levels to be clarified by the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Playing Rules Committees, along with proper monitoring and enforcement procedures."

Of course, if they get rid of the promotions, they could let companies sponsor the ball washers, such as tonight's washers are dishwashers from Freddy's :)

"Handling Equipment: 5. Recommend three or four basketballs be set aside for game use only. Recommend replacing the game ball each time a ball goes out of bounds and is touched by an individual not in Tier 1 or 2. Game balls should be cleaned during media timeouts, halftime and each period break with dish soap and water."

Comment

Of course, if they get rid of the promotions, they could let companies sponsor the ball washers, such as tonight's washers are dishwashers from Freddy's :)

"Handling Equipment: 5. Recommend three or four basketballs be set aside for game use only. Recommend replacing the game ball each time a ball goes out of bounds and is touched by an individual not in Tier 1 or 2. Game balls should be cleaned during media timeouts, halftime and each period break with dish soap and water."
        Anyone know if the company that makes those ball washers you see at the tee box on golf courses makes a basketball sized one :) If not, it could be a millionaire making idea for someone in the entrepreneurship program at WSU.

Or it would make a great viral video - have a ref walking off the court with a basketball and putting it into a basketball size ball washer and toweling it off before putting it back in play :)

Comment

Anyone know if the company that makes those ball washers you see at the tee box on golf courses makes a basketball sized one :) If not, it could be a millionaire making idea for someone in the entrepreneurship program at WSU.

Or it would make a great viral video - have a ref walking off the court with a basketball and putting it into a basketball size ball washer and toweling it off before putting it back in play :)
          For your awareness......

There are companies that can come in and sanitize your stuff (floors, counters and so forth) by treating them with a disinfectant that kills Covid and keeps killing it for three months.

When I sold my place over the summer, I had it treated. It cost me a couple hundred dollars. Biggest headache was getting on their schedule. Having the treatment was a nice selling feature. IDK whether it drove any in-person traffic over to me, but I'm thinking that it did.

I'm sure they can treat the basketballs in a similar manner with great results. I would guess they would probably require more frequent treatments, but it would eliminate the 'diswashing of the basketballs' that you were mentioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

For your awareness......

There are companies that can come in and sanitize your stuff (floors, counters and so forth) by treating them with a disinfectant that kills Covid and keeps killing it for three months.

When I sold my place over the summer, I had it treated. It cost me a couple hundred dollars. Biggest headache was getting on their schedule. Having the treatment was a nice selling feature. IDK whether it drove any in-person traffic over to me, but I'm thinking that it did.

I'm sure they can treat the basketballs in a similar manner with great results. I would guess they would probably require more frequent treatments, but it would eliminate the 'diswashing of the basketballs' that you were mentioning.
            Maybe, but I'm kind of leaning toward the possible sponsorship idea. Pro - it brings in some money to the athletic department. Con - need to find someplace to put a large sink and spray nozzle that restaurant dishwashers are used to :)

I think I'll email my idea to the AD. I'm also going to mention they should sell advertising on the face masks worn by players, coaches and staff. Companies would love all that advertising on tv and pay top dollar.

Comment

I was going through the NCAA guidelines again and found this interesting:

"On-Court Operations: 3. Consider eliminating or reducing the time allotted for any halftime and/or timeout promotions to allow the court to be cleaned."

I imagine some people are pretty happy with that one :) Would be interesting to see if WSU does it though or needs the money and carries on like in the past. If so, and it kills any momentum, then maybe the person doing the following can keep the crowd noise levels up:

"Rules, policies, and protocols: 5. Crowd noise piped into the facility (even during live play) would need to comply with decibel levels to be clarified by the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Playing Rules Committees, along with proper monitoring and enforcement procedures."

I would think the promotions would be bringing way less this year anyways. Those promotions are not viewable on tv so instead of 10000 fans seeing them they will only get probably 2500. I would think that would lower the selling price of the promotion to the point that it might be more economical for WSU to just not sell those and focus on other advertising that will be visible on television (20 feet from the court will be empty this year so lots of extra visible space.

Comment

Maybe, but I'm kind of leaning toward the possible sponsorship idea. Pro - it brings in some money to the athletic department. Con - need to find someplace to put a large sink and spray nozzle that restaurant dishwashers are used to :)

I think I'll email my idea to the AD. I'm also going to mention they should sell advertising on the face masks worn by players, coaches and staff. Companies would love all that advertising on tv and pay top dollar.
                mention sumpthin about Bob Ritchey, willya?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

mention sumpthin about Bob Ritchey, willya?
                    Kid Rock's legal name is spelled Ritchie; are you suggesting a music concert to help with WSU's Athletic Department?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

KDHE website says the following re post-travel quarantine —
                        Those who have traveled to the following locations need to quarantine for 14 days after arrival in Kansas. This applies to both Kansas residents and those visiting Kansas:
                        • Travel to or from South Dakota on or after November 4.
                        • Travel to or from the countries of Belgium and Czechia.
                        • Travel to or from North Dakota on or after October 21.
                        • Travel to or from the country of Andorra on or after October 21.
                        • Attended/traveled to mass gathering events out-of-state of 500 people or greater where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear masks.
                        • Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15.
                        • Others needing to continue quarantining:
                          • Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.

You forgot...

LIST][*]Travel to or from Kazakhstan on or after anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Interesting that I haven't seen poor bear in any of the photos...

Comment

• So, like, does anyone want to talk about the actual game coming up in 10 days? Usually by this point we would have gone through every permutation of starting lineup possibilities. Hell, I don’t even know all the players right now. What’s USU got? Hard to even imagine actually watching shocker basketball next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wondering if he was in the vicinity of Coldblooded?
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was just about to post this... odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X