2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Great, there goes the plan to move the tournament to Czechia.
    “Czechia” made me think of another great reference.

“C’mon. It’s Czechoslovakia. We zip in. We pick ‘em up. We zip right out again. We’re not goin’ to Moscow. It’s Czechoslovakia. It’s like goin’ into Wisconsin.”
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

“Czechia” made me think of another great reference.

“C’mon. It’s Czechoslovakia. We zip in. We pick ‘em up. We zip right out again. We’re not goin’ to Moscow. It’s Czechoslovakia. It’s like goin’ into Wisconsin.”
      I once got my ass kicked in Wisconsin.

Comment

• So are we going to have a season this year? As of right now, two weeks before the start of the season, we don’t have a confirmed schedule, likely don’t have a HC, and this morning I believe I heard on the radio that Sedgwick county is implementing a new rule limiting mass gatherings to 400 due to COVID (not sure of the exact number but close to this). So that would blow up the arena seating plan. I guess it’s no wonder we don’t have our tickets yet. Are we even going to play?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
          So are we going to have a season this year? As of right now, two weeks before the start of the season, we don’t have a confirmed schedule, likely don’t have a HC, and this morning I believe I heard on the radio that Sedgwick county is implementing a new rule limiting mass gatherings to 400 due to COVID (not sure of the exact number but close to this). So that would blow up the arena seating plan. I guess it’s no wonder we don’t have our tickets yet. Are we even going to play?
          Which is why if there was ever a time for a throwaway season this is it.

Comment

So are we going to have a season this year? As of right now, two weeks before the start of the season, we don’t have a confirmed schedule, likely don’t have a HC, and this morning I believe I heard on the radio that Sedgwick county is implementing a new rule limiting mass gatherings to 400 due to COVID (not sure of the exact number but close to this). So that would blow up the arena seating plan. I guess it’s no wonder we don’t have our tickets yet. Are we even going to play?
            Sports events that are not HS can submit to have an exemption .. i would expect WSU to get that exemption.

As far as the rest .. we will have SOME form of season. Still not convinced fans will be there by the time we make it to our first home game in December but we will have some number of games between 1 and 27 this year.

Comment

• Has the AAC published a schedule yet? I don’t think I’ve seen it. Has anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sports events that are not HS can submit to have an exemption .. i would expect WSU to get that exemption.
                I seem to have heard somewhere that major sports are treated different because the size of the venue plus proper social distancing can allow for proper tracing. Yes, there’d be 3k at CKA but it really would be considered multiple gatherings of 400. Who knows?
                78-65

Comment

Has the AAC published a schedule yet? I don’t think I’ve seen it. Has anyone else?
                  Taylor mentioned earlier this week or last week that they were still working through the TV details since they have to add 2 games in december.

Comment

• Ivy league cancelled all winter sports.

There have already been a couple tip off week games cancelled or potentially cancelled due to quarantines within programs

It's going to be a long (or short ) year

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I seem to have heard somewhere that major sports are treated different because the size of the venue plus proper social distancing can allow for proper tracing.
                      Maybe you haven't looked at the dashboard lately, but there is no tracing anymore.

Comment

• Taylor said yesterday that we are still planning to head for South Dakota. This was after there was no change in the Kansas policy for quarantine returning back from SD.

Any speculations on how we will handle our scheduled games with Oral Bob and Misery?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Taylor said yesterday that we are still planning to head for South Dakota. This was after there was no change in the Kansas policy for quarantine returning back from SD.

Any speculations on how we will handle our scheduled games with Oral Bob and Misery?
                          I think they maybe just taking it one day at a time. Covid is pretty much out of control, so any games they can get in, as quick as possible maybe key. There is no guarantee that if they don’t go to SD that they would play any games because at any time a prospective opponent my have to quarantine for 14 days.
                          Last edited by SB Shock; November 14, 2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Iona coach Rick Pitino tweeted Saturday that college basketball should create "May Madness" and move the Nov. 25 start to accommodate the multitude of delays and challenges numerous teams have faced amid COVID-19.

PItino calls for the season to be pushed back.

In the American Athletic Conference, teams will test three times per week, but Temple must test its athletes seven consecutive days prior to competition under local rules in Philadelphia.
                            This week, South Dakota's positivity rate hovered above 50%, the highest rate in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-date-madness

This week, South Dakota's positivity rate hovered above 50%, the highest rate in the country.
                              As is we don't have enough to worry about already. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-date-madness

Gives him more time to prepare his new team

Comment

Working...
                                X