No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, have we been able to practice this week? What is the prospect of playing a game anytime soon?

Comment

• Taking the silent approach is probably best. There’s too many opinions out there about how to handle this, no win situation.

Comment

• Is Wednesday’s game still on?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Taylor says we are playing on Wednesday. Only eight scholarship players, though, due to positive tests or quarantine. Don’t foul!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            Taylor says we are playing on Wednesday. Only eight scholarship players, though, due to positive tests or quarantine. Don’t foul!
            In the year of our lord 2020, eight outnumber Shockers, charged the court at Charles Koch Arena. They fought like champions and opened up a can of whoop-a$$ on Oral Roberts.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Taylor says we are playing on Wednesday. Only eight scholarship players, though, due to positive tests or quarantine. Don’t foul!
                The Shocker women's team played with 8 players in their opener against Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (who had 14 players in attendance). The pretty much played zone the whole way probably to avoid foul trouble. They had no trouble winning that game but they lost one of their starters to a sprained ankle in the 4th quarter. I think they had a couple of players injured, three due to postive tests or quarantine and one foreign recruit that they weren't able to get here for the 1st semester. Apparently, they have had players in and out of practices throughout the preseason.

We'll see how many players the Lady Shocks will have available Monday but they should be able to handle Alcorn State.

The Lady Shocks were fortunate in that the 8 players they had available were probably their 8 best players or close to it. The question is which 8 guys will be available for ORU.

Comment

• There isn't an asterisk big enough to put an asterisk on this season.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I shook my head at the first rumors of players at various high level BCS type teams attempting to get Covid on purpose to get it out of the way during the summer time.

It's a real thing, by the way.

I'm starting to think that at least in this case, the kids are a lot smarter than at least I give them credit for being.

Am I the only one that thinks this should be the preferred course of action now? Seriously, I'm to the point that have these kids isolate when they aren't positive is a complete waste of time and energy and resources. Quarantine the positives? Ok. Anyone else, pass. Or just shut down, but this exercise is becoming a joke.

Comment

• I compared my pessimistic (12-8) and very optimistic predictions (17-3) for the Shocker's AAC record against ESPN's prediction of 7-13. ESPN limits Shocker predicted victories to:

ECU at Koch - 62% probability
                      Tulsa at Koch - 55% probability
                      USF at Koch - 53% probability
                      UCF at Koch - 58% probability
                      Tulane at Koch - 73% probability
                      ECU away - 62% probability
                      Tulane away - 54% probability

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                        I compared my pessimistic (12-8) and very optimistic predictions (17-3) for the Shocker's AAC record against ESPN's prediction of 7-13. ESPN limits Shocker predicted victories to:

ECU at Koch - 62% probability
                        Tulsa at Koch - 55% probability
                        USF at Koch - 53% probability
                        UCF at Koch - 58% probability
                        Tulane at Koch - 73% probability
                        ECU away - 62% probability
                        Tulane away - 54% probability
                        The data upon which those probabilities are calculated is rock solid. These predictions are incredibly reliable and useful at this point in the season.

Comment

• I just saw that Florida has added a couple of games to be played at the Bubbleville thing in Connecticut. San Diego State has added a couple of cupcake games (basically scrimmages) with a couple of small Christian colleges in the San Diego area. I am hoping that Boatright and team are at least looking at the option of finding a couple of replacement games for the games lost last week. Need to get creative. These kids need in game experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            I just saw that Florida has added a couple of games to be played at the Bubbleville thing in Connecticut. San Diego State has added a couple of cupcake games (basically scrimmages) with a couple of small Christian colleges in the San Diego area. I am hoping that Boatright and team are at least looking at the option of finding a couple of replacement games for the games lost last week. Need to get creative. These kids need in game experience.
                            They need to add a game middle of next week. We should have all 8 guys back from their quarantine. It's probably finals week so maybe they won't? I think even a game against a D2 or NAIA would be good to get some of these guys some reps under the bright lights before conference play gets going.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I shook my head at the first rumors of players at various high level BCS type teams attempting to get Covid on purpose to get it out of the way during the summer time.

It's a real thing, by the way.

I'm starting to think that at least in this case, the kids are a lot smarter than at least I give them credit for being.

Am I the only one that thinks this should be the preferred course of action now? Seriously, I'm to the point that have these kids isolate when they aren't positive is a complete waste of time and energy and resources. Quarantine the positives? Ok. Anyone else, pass. Or just shut down, but this exercise is becoming a joke.
                              I find it very odd that they are preventing players with negative test results simply due to being "contact traced" to someone with a (potentially false) positive. It's ridiculous, honestly. They could be preventing someone with immunity from playing, for poop's sake.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I find it very odd that they are preventing players with negative test results simply due to being "contact traced" to someone with a (potentially false) positive. It's ridiculous, honestly. They could be preventing someone with immunity from playing, for poop's sake.
                                It seems to be a cautious approach based on the stats that say false negatives for a variety of reasons are far more common than false positives.

Comment

Working...
                                X