Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not really. They have been winning at an elite level for at least the last 7-8 years, including a natty. They have been a 1 or 2 seed in five of the last seven NCAA tournaments.
    Wow. Where have I been....
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Criticism or running down? Two different things in my opinion. Sorry if someone has a different view than you. I don't have a problem with fair criticism. It doesn't always need to be roses and sunshine.
      After reading some of Shockm's posts, I've concluded it's best to have a salt shaker handy when reading them, if you know what I mean

Comment

Criticism or running down? Two different things in my opinion. Sorry if someone has a different view than you. I don't have a problem with fair criticism. It doesn't always need to be roses and sunshine.
        I’m not sorry we don’t agree. Do we have to? We probably agree more than not. Maybe criticism is different than running down

There has been an anti-Marshall crowd that talked a lot about our declining team the past years. Maybe small but still there. I don’t think you were one of those. Either way, being one of the small numbers of teams who’ve been consistent to win 250 games during the past 10 years puts us in good company. Winning 20 games per year used to be a goal. But we won 25 a year during that period. Something to be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          I guess this involves past Shockers.

...and I believe 8 out of the 10 years a trip to the NCAA Tourney. Is that correct?

Also...if I had time I'd do it myself...but an interesting analysis would be of all those teams listed...how many 4 star recruits (or 5 stars) were on their rosters over the 10 years compared to Wichita? Ya know?
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

...and I believe 8 out of the 10 years a trip to the NCAA Tourney. Is that correct?

Also...if I had time I'd do it myself...but an interesting analysis would be of all those teams listed...how many 4 star recruits (or 5 stars) were on their rosters over the 10 years compared to Wichita? Ya know?
            8 out of 9 possible Tournaments. Plus we were on the right side of the bubble in most brackets for that 10th one before it was cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

8 out of 9 possible Tournaments. Plus we were on the right side of the bubble in most brackets for that 10th one before it was cancelled.
              Thanks! Of course. How could I forgot last years covid cancel. Duh. Lol. 8 out of 9 it is!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sorry we don’t agree. Do we have to? We probably agree more than not. Maybe criticism is different than running down

There has been an anti-Marshall crowd that talked a lot about our declining team the past years. Maybe small but still there. I don’t think you were one of those. Either way, being one of the small numbers of teams who’ve been consistent to win 250 games during the past 10 years puts us in good company. Winning 20 games per year used to be a goal. But we won 25 a year during that period. Something to be proud of.
                I think I understand your point more now and I honestly think we agree. Maybe it's just a semantical thing.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• Duff with 1st team honors in Italian Serie A2 (2nd level). Averaged 20.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.8 assists.

Comment

Duff with 1st team honors in Italian Serie A2 (2nd level). Averaged 20.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.8 assists.

How do these European teams compare to college teams? It seems like a lot of our players that play in Europe do a lot better than they did here. Maybe it's the style of play that they like better.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

How do these European teams compare to college teams? It seems like a lot of our players that play in Europe do a lot better than they did here. Maybe it's the style of play that they like better.
                          Markis was one of our highest recruits ever (Top 100 in ESPN). I liked him but a some people didn't. He led a really inexperienced team to a Final 4 NIT experience, and a Top 4 finish in the AAC iirc.

Comment

• I’m still disappointed he left is; well worth reading. Cheese Jonson is full of wisdom and a great ambassador for our program...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I’m still disappointed he left is; well worth reading. Cheese Jonson is full of wisdom and a great ambassador for our program...

I'm not sure what your first sentence means, but as for your second sentence, Cheese Johnson is a loyal Shocker and a great one too. He was one of our highest high school recruits ever (#15 nationally iirc), and while he probably won't earn a hanging jersey, he is on the second tier down from those, and definitely a Shocker HOF'er, and one of our best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not sure what your first sentence means, but as for your second sentence, Cheese Johnson is a loyal Shocker and a great one too. He was one of our highest high school recruits ever (#15 nationally iirc), and while he probably won't earn a hanging jersey, he is on the second tier down from those, and definitely a Shocker HOF'er, and one of our best ever.
                                Left us (is) = JB (Burton).

Comment

Working...
                                X